Freedom Class- Aft Balconies- Obstructed

FLchick3

Question for those of you who have stayed in the cabins directly adjacent to the enormous suites on 8 and 9- did you have any neighbor troubles? Loud multi people gatherings in the cabins next to yours? It's always a concern for me and it seems that most of these that aren't on the corner share a wall with a rather roomy family suite.

On Radiance class we have stayed in JS 1602 which on both Jewel and Radiance. It is right next to what I think is a large family suite and we did not even know they were there most of the time.

As stated, we were in 9406 on Freedom last July and were next to the Royal Family Suite (9408). I can only remember seeing anyone on that balcony a couple of times. The largest number I saw was three and one of those was a teenager. I was very surprised. If I had a balcony like that, I would have moved the bed outside. The people in the suite must have spent a bunch of time ashore. They weren't on the balcony.

Seriously, wife and I loved 9406. I measured the balcony with a standard piece of paper (all I had) and it was 12 pieces square using the long side of the paper. That's almost 144 square feet.

Only problem is, now her idea of a balcony is 9406.

On Radiance class we have stayed in JS 1602 which on both Jewel and Radiance. It is right next to what I think is a large family suite and we did not even know they were there most of the time.

Thanks everyone! It's is the only class I haven't sailed, but I'm a little leery about those big suites. I guess it's the luck of the draw and you guys got lucky! I worry I will get the one time it's a huge family with the Patriarch in the suite entertaining a huge rowdy family at all hours! One woman did a review and described leaving all the grancchildren with the grandparents in the suite all night, while they did dinner and shows, and I just imagine the nightmare of 4-5 tots bouncing around in there with their permissive grandparents :eek: I should just relax and hope it works out, like it did for you folks!:D

I do plan to put a list of cabin numbers together for the cruise I'd like to take, and when they come up, ill see if I can get one of these nice aft cabins! Fingers crossed!;)

Edited by Familygoboston

Thanks everyone! It's is the only class I haven't sailed, but I'm a little leery about those big suites. I guess it's the luck of the draw and you guys got lucky! I worry I will get the one time it's a huge family with the Patriarch in the suite entertaining a huge rowdy family at all hours! One woman did a review and described leaving all the grancchildren with the grandparents in the suite all night, while they did dinner and shows, and I just imagine the nightmare of 4-5 tots bouncing around in there with their permissive grandparents :eek: I should just relax and hope it works out, like it did for you folks!:D

I do plan to put a list of cabin numbers together for the cruise I'd like to take, and when they come up, ill see if I can get one of these nice aft cabins! Fingers crossed!;)

That can happen on any balcony not just the big suites. We had balcony neighbors on one cruise that had the balcony and 3 inside cabins booked. Guess where they all hung out. No peaceful naps in the hammock that cruise.

Was on Freedom on August. 9708... Had done 2 afts before on different ships. I could see doing a RFS again, but it definitely wouldn't be for the aft. Poor privacy and pitiful view compared to the other 2 aft experiences where you could look downward into the wake.

I'm sure there will be the typical cheerleader "more afts for me!" but seriously not great afts on freedom... relatively speaking

Question for those of you who have stayed in the cabins directly adjacent to the enormous suites on 8 and 9- did you have any neighbor troubles? Loud multi people gatherings in the cabins next to yours? It's always a concern for me and it seems that most of these that aren't on the corner share a wall with a rather roomy family suite.

We were in RFS 8414 on Indy, and the noise that kept us off our balcony came from the couple in the connecting cabin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse wacky auto-correct-induced typos.

• 2 weeks later...
The few times we've been aft, we notice more vibration.

Do you remember if this was specifically on Freedom class ships? I found a vast difference between Freedom and other ships we had sailed. Just wondering if we had an overall quiet sail in June, and it may have been a coincidence?

There is a super structure outside the balcony, but in my opinion doesn't affect the view. They are such quiet, peaceful cabins in the aft, it's our favorite location! We did notice some vibration when docking/pulling out, but we like that: makes you feel like you're on a ship!

We have several pictures on our review: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/archive/index.php/t-1782311.html

Hope that helps!

Do you remember if this was specifically on Freedom class ships? I found a vast difference between Freedom and other ships we had sailed. Just wondering if we had an overall quiet sail in June, and it may have been a coincidence?

I noticed aft vibration on Independence. I didn't think it was major, just not something I felt farther forward.

We were on the Indy in March 2013. We had corner aft 7708, and only felt some vibrations coming into, and leaving port. Perhaps there was some at cruising speed, but we didn't notice. Certainly did not affect our sleep in anyway if it was there.

I noticed aft vibration on Independence. I didn't think it was major, just not something I felt farther forward.

Thanks :) We will be on Independence in March... aft 7708. That balcony is our favorite place!

Bump...

Still hoping that someone can address my previous post regarding the Royal Family Suites on Decks 8 and 9.

thanks!

We were in RFS8414 on Indy. Because the decks are staggered, the balconies on deck 9 have a full view of deck 8, so keep that in mind if privacy matters. (I don't know how much of deck 10 sees of 9.)

Here's the only photo I have at hand, but if you look at the cabin compilation thread, I've got more photos there.

y8a7uqe7.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk, please excuse wonky autocorrects.