What did you wear for NYE?

Black pants (with silk underwear underneath), a black sequined sweater -- which no one saw as I was bundled in a heavy black coat with warm scarf and gloves. Location? The Eiffel Tower (early evening) and then Champs-Elysee to mingle with the crowds. We didn't stay out there til midnight though -- we had a nice dinner scheduled near our hotel. ;)

Wowza! :) Sounds wonderful!

Wow, lots of people staying in and not making it until midnight! I had to force myself to go out. I really didn't want to (it was COLD that night), but I'm glad I made it out. I'll be 36 on Friday and I'm single, so I feel like I HAVE to go out on NYE.

I am 54 and single....I have no desire to force myself to go out,

New Year's Eve or anything other night. Not anything I care about

doing. If I feel up to it, I go out but as for NYE? No different than

any other night to me. It has probably been 15 years since I have

gone out on NYE....

I stopped staying up till midnight after my kids no longer thought it was fun to go outside and bang on pots and pans. Gads, that was probably more than 10-15 years ago. I don't think my husband and I have done more than an early dinner on New Years Eve for probably more than 20 years. I suppose you just get over it when you've seen so many pass by :p

My 20 year old daughter didn't make it till midnight, either, I think she was asleep before us. She had to work all day Dec. 31st and had to get up early to work again Jan. 1st. Our 24 year old son had to work both New Years Eve and New Years day as well. He works a swing shift, so doesn't even get off until midnight. That poor guy had to work Christmas Eve and Christmas Day too...as well as Thanksgiving Day and his birthday...bummer year for him.

I wore this Maggy London dress in black (my favorite style) and these Nina shoes in black....

I also carried a little black clutch evening bag that has black and pewter chiffon roses (given to me by a dear friend here on CC) Thanks, Joyce!;)

I didn't even get a picture....took my camera but never thought about it once we were there.

Drew was playing music so we didn't get home and in the bed till 4 A.M.!!:eek: We are certainly getting to old for this:D....

Drew and I are not party people and we are not drinkers, so to be very honest, if he were not playing music we would have been at home, cozy, watching TV and having a pizza. Twenty years and that hasn't happened yet, but that is the life of a musicians wife!:D:rolleyes: Maybe next year....we did have a nice time. But I had to go to work the next day!:eek:

1534760136_newYearseveshoes.jpg.666bfb23323a2b73567c8207f04f5587.jpg

63775113_NewYearsEvedress.jpg.d6b0f153dce7a48b946d0dcbe4797a72.jpg

I wore this Maggy London dress in black (my favorite style) and these Nina shoes in black....

I also carried a little black clutch evening bag that has black and pewter chiffon roses (given to me by a dear friend here on CC) Thanks' date=' Joyce!;)[/b']

I didn't even get a picture....took my camera but never thought about it once we were there.

Drew was playing music so we didn't get home and in the bed till 4 A.M.!!:eek: We are certainly getting to old for this:D....

Drew and I are not party people and we are not drinkers, so to be very honest, if he were not playing music we would have been at home, cozy, watching TV and having a pizza. Twenty years and that hasn't happened yet, but that is the life of a musicians wife!:D:rolleyes: Maybe next year....we did have a nice time. But I had to go to work the next day!:eek:

Know you looked beautiful!!!

Warm nightie, socks and a housecoat- had to cancel our new years eve plans because both husband and I have the flu. :(

I can sympathize! I had a migraine and was in bed all day. Missed seeing the new year in. LOL, first time in years I was off work and home for new year's eve and new year's day, and I basically missed it!

Wowza! :) Sounds wonderful!

Thanks; it was a trip to celebrate a couple of milestone birthdays that are upcoming (50 for me, 21 for DS). It's certainly something to store in the memory bank.

No one should feel forced to go out and celebrate, but I enjoy doing something special when the chance presents itself. ;)

Thanks; it was a trip to celebrate a couple of milestone birthdays that are upcoming (50 for me, 21 for DS). It's certainly something to store in the memory bank.

No one should feel forced to go out and celebrate, but I enjoy doing something special when the chance presents itself. ;)

What a great way to celebrate a special occasion! We took our DD to Vegas last year for 21st... she's a Xmas Eve baby! Just wondering, how cold was it? We're going to be there next year for Christmas Markets after our cruise, I'm planning for lots of light layers at night, along with scarf, hat & gloves... do I need more hardcore winter gear?? It's been in the low 40's here at home (S. Ca near coast) & I've been fine with that... I don't own a winter coat, other than for skiing, & I'd rather not buy or pack one.

What a great way to celebrate a special occasion! We took our DD to Vegas last year for 21st... she's a Xmas Eve baby! Just wondering, how cold was it? We're going to be there next year for Christmas Markets after our cruise, I'm planning for lots of light layers at night, along with scarf, hat & gloves... do I need more hardcore winter gear?? It's been in the low 40's here at home (S. Ca near coast) & I've been fine with that... I don't own a winter coat, other than for skiing, & I'd rather not buy or pack one.

The weather varied from cool and rainy to sunny and moderate to cold and windy/blustery. We did not have any snow; temps were mainly in the 40s to low 50s (only for a couple of hours at the height of the day) but it often felt cooler with the wind.

I took silk underwear (light and mid weight), a couple of pairs of wool knit pants in gray and black that are styled like jeans, and wore wool socks. On top I layered a dressy cotton mock or t-shirt with a cardigan (I took several different ones). I also took a pair of jeans that I wore a couple of times (they did not keep me as warm), and a pair of dressy Italian wool black pants for evenings out.

I took comfortable black Privo walking shoes and comfortable dressier shoes for evening. I brought a pair of rain/snow boots but never needed them. It did not rain heavily (thank goodness) or snow while we were there, but it is a possibility at that time of year.

For outerwear, I had a midweight black coat, water resistant with a zip-out wool lining and a hood. Plus gloves and scarf. I don't like hats in general, but it would be a good idea to have one as the wind can whip around and really chill you.

This kit kept me pretty comfortable for long stretches of time outside. The only times I was chilly were waiting in line for 3 hours to get into the catacombs, and up on the tower on NYE (it was fine at ground level but the wind was really whipping up as we went higher).

We were on the QM2 for both Christmas and New Years. I wore along formal black dress and my husband wore his tux. Had we been home, it would have been yoga pants and a sweatshirt and a roaring fire with no company!

The weather varied from cool and rainy to sunny and moderate to cold and windy/blustery. We did not have any snow; temps were mainly in the 40s to low 50s (only for a couple of hours at the height of the day) but it often felt cooler with the wind. <snip>

Cruise Mom, thanks for the info, I checked out the avg. temp charts, but those usually aren't as helpful as first hand experience :)

Cruise kitty, a few years ago I spent NYE in Paris and I was glad to have my long wool winter coat, winter boots, gloves, and earmuffs. My sis and i stayed out way beyond midnight in the main square. I arrived on Christmas to snow. Some days were warmer while others were not.

coka

Cruise kitty, a few years ago I spent NYE in Paris and I was glad to have my long wool winter coat, winter boots, gloves, and earmuffs. My sis and i stayed out way beyond midnight in the main square. I arrived on Christmas to snow. Some days were warmer while others were not.

coka

Thanks! it's so helpful to here from people that were there in early winter! I don't have a coat, but I do have enough layers & other extras that I think I will be ok... I did recently buy some cute tall boots that I may pack, they would be cozy with long socks on under them!

Archived