Need help - should I upgrade to balcony?

I don't even know if RCL will let me do this, but if they will... should I pay to upgrade from a outside cabin (9214) on the Freedom to a balcony guarantee room? The price is less than $50 to do it just don't know if I should take the chance on a guarantee.

Does anyone here see a downside to doing it, if they will let me?

Thanks in advance for any opinions.

Sue

I don't even know if RCL will let me do this, but if they will... should I pay to upgrade from a outside cabin (9214) on the Freedom to a balcony guarantee room? The price is less than $50 to do it just don't know if I should take the chance on a guarantee.

Sue

I'd do it. I can't think of any really bad balconies on Freedom class.

If you're worried about the location find the worst balcony on the ship and compare it to where you are now.

I'd prefer almost any balcony to an outside however, many people care more about the location, deck, etc.

For the difference in cost it seems like a great deal and you might be surprised with which balcony you end up with.

I'd do it in a heartbeat. For me any balcony on Freedom would be better than the best OV. but I do not get sea sick and I like to walk. if you do get seasick, maybe you want a low and midship OV or inside. If you worry that you cannot make a long walk to the elevator (if your assigned cabin is far away), maybe a gty is not for you.

Do you qualify for a C&A balcony discount? If so, if might cost you even less.

Go for it. If you don't like the cabin you get assigned to and there ia another one in the same category that you like you can call and change the cabin.

Really?? Oh that's good to know.

We have had a balcony before but my major apprehension is not knowing ahead of time where the cabin will be.

Walking isn't an issue for us as we always use the stairs. (I get freaked out when i see all those people jammed into the elevators) and besides I use that as justification for dessert :D

I don't usually get seasick but have 1 time with 20+ swells.

Ok...you guys have convinced me...I'm calling now. Wish me luck :o...

They're not open - I guess I'll get to sleep on it and will call tomorrow am.

Really?? Oh that's good to know.

We have had a balcony before but my major apprehension is not knowing ahead of time where the cabin will be.

Walking isn't an issue for us as we always use the stairs. (I get freaked out when i see all those people jammed into the elevators) and besides I use that as justification for dessert :D

I don't usually get seasick but have 1 time with 20+ swells.

Ok...you guys have convinced me...I'm calling now. Wish me luck :o...

They're not open - I guess I'll get to sleep on it and will call tomorrow am.

Do a courtesy Hold on the balcony gty NOW!! The gty may not be there by the time you get a hold of them tomm....

There is one downside....you may never want to cruise again without having a balcony

This is the only downside....I won't cruise if I can't get at least a balcony. 3 days on Majesty confirmed this for me.

Sue

I'll agree with most everyone I read. I If your going on the Eastern Intinerary the hour or two sailing into St Thomas is my favorite time to sit on my balcony.

Thanks everyone for your input. I called this morning at 7:30, spoke with David, and he had to call me back after talking to the accounting department...

I just talked to him about 5 mins ago and he was able to switch me to the balcony guarantee ...

Best part... Total cost to me for change was $20.00. :D

Thanks again for all your help!

Happy 2013!!

Sue

Thanks everyone for your input. I called this morning at 7:30, spoke with David, and he had to call me back after talking to the accounting department...

I just talked to him about 5 mins ago and he was able to switch me to the balcony guarantee ...

Happy 2013!!

Sue

YIPPEEEE!!!! Congrats on the great deal!!!

Happy 2013!!

Sue

Enjoy! It won't be very often that a balcony upgrade costs only $20 total!

Sue

Yes, I would do it, if you are talking about a total cabin difference of $50. Not $50 per person per day, etc. Only you know how much extra if any you would pay to have a balcony. Most people that have never done a balcony, and then do it have a hard time booking other cabins in the future. So, this could cost you money for as long as you cruise!;)

jc

Archived