GO SMiLE Tooth Whitening Treatment pros/cons?

Sass4

I'm a Dental Hygienist and the Go Smile product is an OTC product that you could do at home. And as with any whitening product it can cause sensitivity. You would be much better off to try the Crest strips and get the same results for less money.

We do a take home whitening system for our patients that is more expensive than the white strips but it is a more long lasting effect and it is a stronger product than what you can buy OTC.

What crest whitestrips do you recommend, now there are different ones by Crest?

OH I hadnt even thought of that...forget it not worth a chance at ruining a cruise.

Thanks!

Have it done at home via your dentist. It is much cheaper AND, here's the really important part, it CAN cause quite a bit of pain. My "zingers" were so bad the doctor had to call in pain meds so I could sleep. Zingers being those little jolts of pain when it hits your nerves and shoots through your mouth and down to your toes. Some folks don't have as much sensitivity as I do, but if you DO, WOW :eek:

My husband had it done and the difference was minimal. He has also had a lot of dental problems since having the procedure and he swears it's more than coincidence. He says never again unless it's by a dentist in a dentist's office.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have had a professional whitening treatment applied by my own dentist. I loved the results, but there was also a nightly application that I did for about a week afterward with a mold created especially made for my teeth. There was however, extreme sensitivity for a couple of days following.

Based on what I know from my personal experience, I would NEVER have a treatment of that nature done on a cruise ship. Firstly, because you don't have any guarantees regarding the experience and professional training of those administering the treatment. Secondly, it would tick me off royally to not be able to eat WHAT I want WHEN I want because of sensitive teeth and gums. The end results of tooth whitening is great, but not at the expense of the enjoyment of my cruise! IMO...;)

What crest whitestrips do you recommend, now there are different ones by Crest?

I like to recommend the ones that you use for at least a week or more. and depending on how white you want to be you sometime will need to use more than one box. Also we recommend patients use a sensitivity toothpaste like sensodyne to help with any sensitivity they may encounter.