New Celebrity Promotion (1, 2, 3 Go !) Returns March 15, 2013

Andy

Can the offer be applied to cruises already booked? Can you cancel a booking and re-book with the same cabin?

I probably know the answers, but always hoping :)

Hi Packedandready,

You should be able to add the 123 promotion without canceling & rebooking. Keep in mind, that you must pay the prevailing rate, and you would lose any previous promotions attached to your current booking, if any. It's about doing the math, and seeing what works best in your situation. I hope this helps !

We were able to get this added to a 2014 booking, but not a current booking which is past final payment.

For the 2014 booking the cruise fare was adjusted up to the current price as we had booked months ago at a slightly lower price. Also, in order to get the 123 benefit we lost the OBC we had which related to past Celebrity promotions or book on board credit. So you have to weigh these costs against the 123 benefits when deciding if you want to take it.

In the case of the cruise in a couple months - I'm not sure if this is eligible or not since it is after final payment. The current price that we'd have to adjust to is so much more than the price we booked at, around 20 months ago, that it wouldn't make sense to switch.

There is also a "sticky" thread at the top of the forum which has some info on the promotion.

Edited by Lsimon

Just called TA today about our British Isles cruise. TA said we'd have to pay today's rate. Since the only balconies available are $2200 more per person (only Aqua currently available) we can't take advantage of this. Has anyone not had to pay today's rate?

Just called TA today about our British Isles cruise. TA said we'd have to pay today's rate. Since the only balconies available are $2200 more per person (only Aqua currently available) we can't take advantage of this. Has anyone not had to pay today's rate?

Hi Mom23guys,

From all accounts, In order to upgrade, you must pay the prevailing rate.

I think this is a great deal by Celebrity!

To make a long story short, all 3 of my booked cruises have been changed to this promo, and we are definitely dollars ahead.

The one on Feb 4th we have a group of 8, we had all already bought the Premium Alcohol package but was able to cancel the package, will get refunded for it, got the promo Classic and then upgraded back to Premium. We all had to pay the prevailing rate but as a group will come out around $1200 ahead. All this for a cruise in 3 weeks.

My Feb 9th I just went with the Classic.

My May 31 which I switched from the Gift Card promo we're going to upgrade to the premium.

This is good PR for Celebrity also. Can't figure out why I bought those Open Passages now though, but I'm sure I'll use them somewhere.

The 2014 April 26 Transpac is not listed- in fact, this sailing seems to have disappeared from the Celebrity website:confused:! But it's still showing on 'My Celebrity' as booked, so, just maybe, we'll be able to take advantage of this 1-2-3 offer. Will be calling our TA soon.

This offer isn't advantageous for our 10/31 Silhouette cruise, since the pp price of AQ is $500 more pp than we paid, and we already received prepaid gratuities from a previous Celebrity special offer.

But it's a great deal and congrats to all who've benefitted! Keep your fingers X'd for us!

I was able to apply this offer to our current booking for april '14. I chose the free gratuities.

When our new confirmation came it listed the wav2-wav grat promo but the gratuities we'd already booked where still listed and the amount was not deducted.

How is that refund made? Am I missing something? thanks

We took a chance and tried to have the promotion applied to our booking as the concierge guarantee was less than the amount we had originally paid. Our agent came back today and told us we couldn't have it because of 'different promotion coding' and that the price of concierge was greater now. It took 6 days for them to deny it, about the same time as it took to sell out concierge class. I understand they are busy but turnaround on this is very, very slow.

Congrats to all those who were able to convert their original booking to the new promotion. I'm happy for all of you but also a bit envious because either Celebrity bends its own rules all the time or uses different rules for the same promotion in different countries! :mad::mad: ( again...)

We have 4 more cruises coming up for the 2013/2014 season. For 2 of those I was able to get a Captain's Club offer - I'm happy with those. The third one's price has risen considerably so it's better to keep the small OBC I have. For the fourth one (price hasn't changed, I'd have to give up my OBC again) I tried to change my booking to get the drinks package instead - and was told a definite, polite but definite "NO". The young lady was nice, even asked her supervisor but we both were told that headquarters had definitely forbidden any changes. My weak response that dozens of Cruise Critic members had been able to convert existing bookings in the United States was shrugged at - "No, it's the rules".

So I'd be interested to hear if any of you living outside the US and Canada were able to convert existing bookings or if you were given the same answer as I was. I keep wondering if Celebrity has done it again :mad: or of it was just something German bureaucrats are allegedly famous for - following orders... :D:D ( sorry for that quip!)

Thank you for your answers.

I need advice here also please. We have a booking for Celbrity Millennium May 28 . We are from Australiua booked with a USA agent . We have paid in full , and see that we are outside the 75 day penalty for cancellation. Would we be able to cancell and rebook to take advantage of the promotion. We have an ordinary inside cabin on Continental deck so no loss there! I also see our travel agant is offering the cruise at a much discounted rate than we paid also . Should we cancel and rebook anyway ?? Any advice would be appreciated:confused:

I need advice here also please. We have a booking for Celbrity Millennium May 28 . We are from Australiua booked with a USA agent . We have paid in full , and see that we are outside the 75 day penalty for cancellation. Would we be able to cancell and rebook to take advantage of the promotion. We have an ordinary inside cabin on Continental deck so no loss there! I also see our travel agant is offering the cruise at a much discounted rate than we paid also . Should we cancel and rebook anyway ?? Any advice would be appreciated:confused:

Call your travel agent. They may well adjust the price for you even though you are outside the penalty period...as long as you keep the reservation with them. Only after you see what they will do for you should you determine if you should consider cancelling an re-booking. You never know until you ask.

I have enjoyed reading all the stories of those who were successful in getting this promotion applied to their bookings. Congratulations to you all, and I hope you have a happy and safe cruise.

My problem is that it seems that cruises to everywhere in the world except the place I am wanting to book are eligible, and my cruise is not. We are going to book a Hawaii cruise, in the time period covered, but I can't find Hawaii anywhere. Alaska has cruises eligible, but not Hawaii. It certainly makes me sad, but I will probably go ahead and book this first cruise with Celebrity anyway, and hope for a pleasant experience.

I have enjoyed reading all the stories of those who were successful in getting this promotion applied to their bookings. Congratulations to you all, and I hope you have a happy and safe cruise.

My problem is that it seems that cruises to everywhere in the world except the place I am wanting to book are eligible, and my cruise is not. We are going to book a Hawaii cruise, in the time period covered, but I can't find Hawaii anywhere. Alaska has cruises eligible, but not Hawaii. It certainly makes me sad, but I will probably go ahead and book this first cruise with Celebrity anyway, and hope for a pleasant experience.

I found Hawaii cruises for this promotion listed in the Australia/New Zealand category.

And they're definitely eligible for the 123 Promotion. Last Saturday we booked a Hawaii cruise on the Solstice for April of 2014, and got the free Beverage Package. :D

I found Hawaii cruises for this promotion listed in the Australia/New Zealand category.

We are also sailing in February on an Ontario resident rate with $100 OBC and will be Elite level but my TA (a very large volume Celebrity TA) was told that we could not get the 1-2-3 promotion drinks package added under any circumstances. The inconsistencies in how Celebrity is applying this promotion to fully paid bookings is deplorable :(

-

Good news to report! We were finally able to convert to the 1-2-3 promotion without extra cost (but lost our OBC as expected) after a couple of calls to Celebrity and a couple emails with our TA who is on a cruise himself. Thanks to everyone on this thread for all the examples and encouragement. Now looking into booking a European cruise before this amazing promotion expires! :)

I apologize if this has been answered (I searched) . Can I transfer my booking that I have directly through Celebrity to a TA and still retain my 123 promotion? Thanks for any help.

I think so, as long as you are before final payment. I did it, I cancelled with Celebrity and rebooked with my TA (and my final payment date is next Monday), but that being said, I still don't "technically" have confirmation as they say it takes 10 days for the beverage package to be added to your reservation. What I did, and what I suggest you do, is call the TA and get their 100% confirmation it will work first and then call Celebrity and get their confirmation as well before you proceed.

If this has already been answered, I apologize. 592 posts are a few too many for me tonight!

Contemplating booking 2 Europe cruises B2B. As of now we are on separate bookings and different cabins for each cruise. Will we receive the promotion for both cruises? Or will they count it as one and only give one OBC?

If this has already been answered, I apologize. 592 posts are a few too many for me tonight!

Contemplating booking 2 Europe cruises B2B. As of now we are on separate bookings and different cabins for each cruise. Will we receive the promotion for both cruises? Or will they count it as one and only give one OBC?

You can apply the promotion to both bookings.

I apologize if this has been answered (I searched) . Can I transfer my booking that I have directly through Celebrity to a TA and still retain my 123 promotion? Thanks for any help.

Yes you can, as long as you are within 60 days of the date you booked with Celebrity and have not payed in full. See attached form link.

http://media.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/content/en_US/pdf/faq/2010_CelebrityBookingTransferForm.pdf

Edited by Bosjoe

Would somebody who has travelled on a Celebrity cruise under the special offer of free Classic dinks package, please post a review of the service etc. If they can remember any of it!!!!:) I am interested to see if it makes the ship a bit livelier in the evenings ( which would be great) and what the queues are like at cafe Al Bacio.

Jean