Eurodam Stateroom Amenities

Pam in KY

We are traveling on the Eurodam in March with a large group family group. Some will be in veranda staterooms (VC) and some in interior staterooms (L) on the Veranda Deck. I am noticing descrepancies on Hal's website regarding the amenities. I do not want to mislead the others about what is provided.

The list I am refering to is "Signature Touches in Every Stateroom" found on the opening page concerning staterooms. However there are many missing items from the list of amenities under the veranda and interior rooms.

The ones I am wondering about are: safe for valuables, daily housekeeping, and complimentary 24-hr. room service. If they are not provided for all staterooms I will be very disappointed that they stated otherwise on their website. We have touted the services to those traveling with us who have not been on a HAL ship before so need to prepare them if they are indeed not available. Can someone provide me with an answer?

We are traveling on the Eurodam in March with a large group family group. Some will be in veranda staterooms (VC) and some in interior staterooms (L) on the Veranda Deck. I am noticing descrepancies on Hal's website regarding the amenities. I do not want to mislead the others about what is provided.

The list I am refering to is "Signature Touches in Every Stateroom" found on the opening page concerning staterooms. However there are many missing items from the list of amenities under the veranda and interior rooms.

The ones I am wondering about are: safe for valuables, daily housekeeping, and complimentary 24-hr. room service. If they are not provided for all staterooms I will be very disappointed that they stated otherwise on their website. We have touted the services to those traveling with us who have not been on a HAL ship before so need to prepare them if they are indeed not available. Can someone provide me with an answer?

All of the questions you have are provided for all cabins. On any HAL ship. Hal has the best room service -- hot breakfast, and you can order from the MDR when open for room service.

I just hope you all are correct or I will have some disgruntled relatives when they try to order roomservice!

Then why are they missing on the individual staterooms lists on the main stateroom page and on the Eurodam deck plans????

I hope you all are correct or I'm going to have some unhappy relatives when they try to order room service very late at night!

Sorry for this duplicate post...I didn't think I had submitted the first one so wrote this one and I can't figure out how to delete it.

I just hope you all are correct or I will have some disgruntled relatives when they try to order roomservice!

Then why are they missing on the individual staterooms lists on the main stateroom page and on the Eurodam deck plans????

We are correct. :D

ALL HAL cabins have robes for guests, safe in every cabin, 24 hour Room Service and twice daily steward cabin service. The stewards will clean during the day, make the bed, supply fresh towels and clean bathroom etc and will do night turn down service each evening. The will remake the bed if it has been 'mussed' and turn back the sheets and blankets ready for us to hop in. :) Each night they will resupply towels and leave the room nicely refreshed for the night.

Most leave towel animals each night as well.

We are correct. :D

ALL HAL cabins have robes for guests, safe in every cabin, 24 hour Room Service and twice daily steward cabin service. The stewards will clean during the day, make the bed, supply fresh towels and clean bathroom etc and will do night turn down service each evening. The will remake the bed if it has been 'mussed' and turn back the sheets and blankets ready for us to hop in. :) Each night they will resupply towels and leave the room nicely refreshed for the night.

Most leave towel animals each night as well.

don't forget about the few chocolates wrapped in foil on the bed at night with the towel animal :)

No worries Pam, everyone on HAL, no matter what cabin they are sailing in from steerage to the Penthouse Suite - all get treated the same. One of the reasons we love HAL! Funny, after our first cruise(with HAL) I too had always assumed that every cruiseline did what HAL does, and was so shocked to learn that they don't! So I understand your misgivings, but relax, your family will be happy no matter what cabin they're sailing in - trust me, they'll be treated like rock stars and won't want to leave the ship;)!

You will all have the same amenties except the verandah cabins do have fruit and a fridge and mini bar. .

Hi sydsgma, Welcome. :)

Every cabin on Vista Class and Signature Class ships have mini bar.

Vista Class are Zuiderdam, Oosterdam, Westerdam and Noordam.

Signature Class are Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam.

HAL's shampoo and soap are Elemis products. They are in big dispenser bottles in the bathtub/shower area.

The soap provided in our stateroom on board the Oosterdam, (December 19th to January 2nd) was labelled "my earth" Fig and Olive, 40gram.

Our last few cruises, we have had the 'earth Fig' soap at the sink and that after request for soap.

Elemis shampoo, conditioner and bath gel are provided in large dispensers attached to wall of showers/tubs. Small bottles of Elemis body lotion are also provided.

Our last few cruises, we have had the 'earth Fig' soap at the sink and that after request for soap.

Elemis shampoo, conditioner and bath gel are provided in large dispensers attached to wall of showers/tubs. Small bottles of Elemis body lotion are also provided.

Did the "my earth" soap dissolve to a slimey mess for you?

We have just returned from several weeks aboard the Eurodam. Elemis shampoo, conditioner and bath gel were provided in dispensers, as well as, small bottles of Elemis body lotion and glycerin soap.

For ALL Cabins:

Available 24 hours:

Smoked Atlantic Salmon - pickled red onion, capers & cream cheese

Mesclun Garden Greens - tomato, cucumber, alfalfa sprouts & blue cheese crumbles

Triple Decker Club Sandwich - sliced turkey, ham, bacon, tomato & lettuce served on toasted bread of your choice

All American Hamburger - broiled 1/4 pound beef patty on a sesame bun with dill pickle & coleslaw - add cheddar or Swiss cheese

Open faced Omelet - ham & cheese or vegetables

Selection of assorted cheese with crackers

Apple tart with whipped cream

Chocolate cake with raspberry sauce

A plate of chocolate chip cookies with a glass of milk

Fruit salad - selected fruits in season

Available from 12 noon until 10 PM:

Appetizers & Soups:

Bay shrimp cocktail with cocktail sauce

Smoked Atlantic Salmon

French onion soup baked with Gruyere cheese

Soup of the day

Salads:

Mesclun Garden Greens

Chef salad - mixed greens, ham, salami, swiss cheese, turkey, hard boiled egg - choice of Italian or blue cheese dressing

Caesar salad - tossed with Caesar dressing, croutons & parmesan - add bay shrimp or grilled chicken breast

Sandwiches & Burgers:

All are served with a choice of potato salad or potato chips

Triple decker club sandwich

Broiled California chicken breast sandwich on multi=grain bread with avocado & honey mustard sauce

Grilled tuna melt - tuna salad & Swiss cheese on rye bread with pickle spears

Thai Vegetarian wrap - eggplant, bamboo shoots, bean sprouts & cilantro rolled with rice & green curry sauce in a tomato tortilla

Steak sandwich - sirloin steak on sourdough bread sauteed with onion & bell pepper

All American Hamburger

Entrees:

Seared salmon steak - dill-lime fusion, broccoli florets, carrot batonnet & country mashed potatoes

Penne Primavera - tossed in marinara sauce with Italian roasted vegetables - add grilled chicken breast

Pizza:

margarita (tomato sauce & cheese)

Pepperoni

Vegetarian (mushroom & bell pepper)

Desserts:

Apple tart

Chocolate cake

Creme caramel surrounded in berry compote

Fruit jello

fruit salad

Vanilla ice cream with chocolate sauce

Selection of assorted cheese with crackers

And remember that you can always order from the dinner menu. Just remember to order within the first half hour from when the dinning room opens. You can select whatever time you want to eat.

For ALL cabins:

Cabin Breakfast Menu

Preferred Time Frame

6 AM - 6:30 AM; 6:30 - 7 AM; 7 AM - 7:30 AM; 7:30 AM - 8 AM; 8 AM - 8:30 AM; 8:30 AM - 9 AM; 9 AM - 9:30 AM; 9:30 AM - 10 AM

Juices

Grapefruit; Orange:; Cranberry; V-8; Prune, Tomato

Fresh Fruit

Half Grapefruit; Sliced Bananas; Diced Oranges; Mixed Fruit; Seasonal Melons; Stewed Prunes

Low Fat Yogurt

Plain; Fruit

Breads

English Muffin; White Toast; Wheat Toast; Rye Toast; Danish; Croissant; Blueberry Muffin; Bran Muffin; Bagel

Preserves

Assorted Jams; Marmalade; Honey; Butter; Margarine; Cream Cheese

Cereals

Corn Flakes; Special K; Mueslix; Raisin Bran; Granola; Fruit Loops; Frosted Flakes; Rice Krispies; Shredded Wheat

With: Milk; 2% Milk; Skim Milk

Eggs & Meats

Two Eggs: Scrambled or sunnyside up or over easy

Omelet: With Cheese or With Ham and Cheese

Eggbeaters: Scrambled or Omelet with Cheese or Omelet with Ham and Cheese

Meat: Ham or Sausage or Bacon

Beverages

Regular Coffee; Decaf Coffee; Tea; Hot Chocolate; Milk; 2% Milk; Skim Milk; Half & Half

If you can wait until the main dining room opens -- usually 7:30 on port days and 8 on sea days, you can write in anything you want like Eggs Benedict. Waffles, Chocolate croissants, etc.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived