Semi live from Reflection

cruisestitch

Welcome back aboard. Thump, thump, thump. Don't recall the atrium's awful noise/music/sound/heavy beat from last week's boarding but it's really awful today. Trying to eat at Bistro with Micgael Buble on their speakers and the heavy beat wafting up from the atrium is really jarring.

Same menus so far

On this ship the Sky Lounge is so small the Captains Club celebration can't offer the carved beef tenderloin , chocolate fountain, Crepes Suzette, etc... *Only waiter-passed snacks and sweets.

There are*Fewer than 250 Elites this sailing.*

Why oh why have a big red flower sculpture taking up space inthe already-too-small dance area within the atrium, which is even more limited by formal night photos? *Move that sculpture please!!!

We were on the cruise last week. Did you think the passage from Miami to San Juan was as rough as last week? Our friend who was a first time cruiser was so dizzy she wanted to fly back home! Fortunately, she felt better once she got her feet on land. It seemed to be rolling back and forth a lot more than other ships we've been on, and other people commented on it, too.

We were on the cruise last week. Did you think the passage from Miami to San Juan was as rough as last week? Our friend who was a first time cruiser was so dizzy she wanted to fly back home! Fortunately, she felt better once she got her feet on land. It seemed to be rolling back and forth a lot more than other ships we've been on, and other people commented on it, too.

On the TA in November we thought the ship was rolling a lot for the seas we were in; makes you wonder if the extra weight on the forward top decks is having an effect on the effectiveness of the ship's stabilisers.

7:25. Self disembark has not started yet. The line snakes all the way from midship exit to Tuscan Grill

Exactly as it was last week and with plenty trying to butt in line. We were in that line at 6 AM and almost first in line. We were able to debark about 7:30. Still made the Fll airport by 8 am..

You wouldn't have made it out of the terminal that early this week!

C&I had no working computers... All passports and customs forms checked by hand

WOW.....:eek:

Hope you had a good time on your B2B:D

Anyway, if you are passing by and are able to take a look at cabin 1605 that would be great. We just got switched from 1620 and while its in the same location (1605 - port/1620 - starboard), I've heard alot of good things about the original one we were booked in.

Other than that 1605 is on the port side of the ship with the bed near the veranda [which I personally prefer but either is acceptable] and 1620 [1610 on the four earlier S-Class ships] is on the starboard side of the ship with the bed near the closet/bath, the cabins are identical with both featuring significantly oversized balconies and very easy/convenient access to the midships elevator lobby... I consider them interchangeable...

I've sailed both on earlier Solstice-Class ships [as well as 2153, the Deck 12 equivalent to 1605 on Reflection] and have four upcoming bookings in 1605... I'm sure that you will enjoy it...

You wouldn't have made it out of the terminal that early this week!

C&I had no working computers... All passports and customs forms checked by hand

We're Canadian. Our passports are always checked by hand and our customs forms are a formality as we were all just passing thru so no amounts to declare. Even without computers I don't think we would have had an extremely difficult time. Our flight was at 11:20. We used SAS and they were there as quickly as I called. Even if it had taken us another hour, I think we would have been OK.

However I will say, I thought Reflection was too crowded in many ways and with so many wanting to do walk off - it just seemed half the ship were doing it and half of those didn't want to wait in line.

We were a group of 7 (our 8th was the medivaced person). A woman travelling alone walked into the middle of our group sometime after 7 am whining about having a 9 am flight. Everyone around us (who had already been waiting over an hour) were not happy and told her to move to the back. The person in charge also told her she had to move to the back. She actually tried to hide around a corner and again she was told to move to the back.

Archived