price in GB£

gosport11

You cant sadly! This is a two year old and vey frustrating saga linked to an IT upgrade that removed UK guests access to £ pricing overnight. It is said the code is difficult to write, expensive etc etc etc but as you rightly point out, guests cannot watch price drops so it is hardly in the cruiselines interest to rush to sort this out

(It is of course in their interest to enable guests exploring options before booking but that does not appear to be a compelling enough reason)

Azamaraclubcruises.co.uk

Ha! The UK site takes you straight to the US site and prices in $

Just as Uktog says - UK pricing promised for last January and not delivered. Promised for this year and the cynic in me says we will still be waiting in 2014.

OK, I am in the UK and use this link:

http://browse.azamaraclubcruises.com/destinations/home.do

However I would recommend clearing your cookies before going there and it should then take you to UK pricing. If you don't and you have been on the US site it will price it in USD. Once you have cleared your cookies and if at any stage in an internet session you go back to the US website and return to the link I have posted above it will take you to US pricing so you will need to clear your cookies once more and go back to the link for GBP pricing. At least that is how it works for me.

I love the Azamara product, but am becoming more and more frustrated with obtaining comparative costs of Azamara cruises in GBP via the website. This needs sorting out and I think Bill Leiber has addressed it, but it is still not right.

Phil

I can understand your frustration and the shifting timelines for us ever being given a fix. You must be a computer genius as I cannot get the new link to work, even removing cookies and any other biscuits (;)) from my pc and its surrounding area.

I am ok on comparisons at the moment, but will try and keep watching in my current heath robinson method (comparing and keeping note of dollar prices only)

Hello UK Azamara Followers -

I think that "Excitedofharpenden/Phil" summed up our UK guests' opinions about the long absence of GBP on our website and the frustration that it creates when making your purchase decision. And as "Uktog" and "MrMojoRisin" point out, I've been sharing with you that we would have a solution since last January and then reported that GBP would be available at the outset of this year.

At last, I think we're almost at the gate for showing GBP for our UK guests as well as Australian dollar pricing for our Australian guests. I'm pleased to report that our US website is almost at the point where an upgrade to show global pricing in GBP and AUD has been completed. I know this is being tested and will report back to you more details about the new system.

Please stand-by for an "official" program explanation and when the system will be operational.

Thanks for your continued patience and endurance.

Sincerely,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Just looked on the Azamara UK website - Initially prices are shown with a USDsign in front of the numbers and GBP after. On some other pages the USD sign is shown but underneath it says GB Pounds. On the booking pages there is only an asterisk in front of the numbers.

However this is still a step forward but I suggest somebody up high actually looks at the various pages. Can't believe this final small correction would be difficult !

Please stand-by for an "official" program explanation and when the system will be operational.

Thanks Bill.

I followed what Mrs Miggins said and had a look at the .co.uk website this morning at the cruise I am looking at and it said, to quote "prices starting from $1677 GBP" whatever that might mean. In the notes on the next page after clicking the Book Now tab it has "*prices shown in British Pounds (GBP)", but the figure has a $ sign by it so it's still clearly wrong and an absolute shambles. Oh and the list of single supplement deals accessed via the link on the .co.uk website? All from 2012 :rolleyes:

Bill, I'm standing by! ;)

Phil

YES, YES YES YES :D

Can see all the prices I need in £

..................................now play nicely everyone and do not break it!!!!!

And :) three cheers to Bill who must be thinking thank goodness, the Brits will be quieter now !!!!

Ha! The UK site takes you straight to the US site and prices in $

Just as Uktog says - UK pricing promised for last January and not delivered. Promised for this year and the cynic in me says we will still be waiting in 2014.

Hats off to Bill for plugging away at this one for us. I have just had a cynic removal operation!!!

Congratulations UK Azamara Followers -

It's official and the long-wait is over - the US website's update to provide pricing in GBP and AUD has been completed! (Note - The US "$" sign along with "GBP" glitch has been fixed.) The pricing can be found from the Home page by accessing the "Find A Voyage" box and then clicking on the "Itinerary and Booking" tab presented with each specific itinerary.

As guests visit our website, the site will automatically detect which country they are coming from based on the IP address, and will serve up the correct currency, as well as the appropriate contact information automatically. All bookings made in the booking engine will be directed to the corresponding office, i.e. GBP bookings will automatically go to the UK reservations center and AUD bookings will automatically go to the Sydney reservations center. CAD bookings will continue to come in to our North American reservations center.

Euros will be coming shortly and I will advise on a separate thread when that occurs.

In the meantime, I appreciate your endurance and am so pleased to provide you with a tangible demonstration of Azamara's appreciation for our loyal and ever-patient UK guests.

Sincerely,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Brilliant - it even works "down under" in AUD!!

Another thank you, Bill.

Hello Westaussie -

Thanks for the good news that it "works" down under! I'm posting a separate thread for our loyal Aussie Azamara Followers.

Thank you for your loyalty!

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Wonderful news that us Brits can now get quotes in pounds. I will be searching the AZ website just as soon as I get over my Silversea cruise....which was absolutely fantastic, but I'm very jet lagged and have a mountain of washing to do!

Thank you to Bill for his continued and persistent efforts on our behalf. We really appreciate you Bill. :)

Wonderful news that us Brits can now get quotes in pounds. I will be searching the AZ website just as soon as I get over my Silversea cruise....which was absolutely fantastic, but I'm very jet lagged and have a mountain of washing to do!

A piece of advice Lottie...... a G&T between each load. :)

Can we hope for a savvy traveller's comparison of Silversea and AZ?

B&T

I bought a bottle of Tanqueray 10 in duty free for that very purpose. :D

I will do a small review sometime next week I hope. We loved the Silversea experience but Azamara still has first call on my heart.

Did you Boys have a good time on your cruise? I looked out for you but we weren't in any ports together. Any chance you could do Quest on May 5th? We would have such a fab time! Don't want to hijack the thread so email me if you want.

XX

L.

Archived