Hampton Inn Brickell Miami

tinkerbell_82

This place has phenomenal reviews online and offers a cruise parking package discount. Has anyone stayed here and done the cruise package? We plan on arriving in Miami early afternoon and are hoping to see a bit of Miami as well- does anyone know of this place is within walking distance to anything? Thanks!

Hi Tink,

Yeah your within a block of boutique shops, and lots of places to eat/drink. Right behind the hotel is the free metromover and free trolley which will take you anywhere you want to go in downtown including the ubiquitous Bayside.

South Beach is a short drive away as are the lagoon style beaches of Key Biscayne (or you can grab the B bus from right behind the hotel).

Yogi

Stayed there in May, 2012 and loved it. Fantastic location, lovely hotel and friendly staff. Would stay there again in a heartbeat. Didn't do the parking package because we flew in. Brickell Village has many great restaurants, has a few grocery stores very close so easy to buy wine, etc.

We just stayed there on January 11 for the night before our NCL Epic cruise. :) Sorry I don't have more pictures, but I couldn't find my camera, and when I finally did, it was when I was searching for something in my purse while checking out. So I whipped around and grabbed these on the way to the elevator to get our car

2j19y0p.jpg

122nrtj.jpg

We drove down and the only problem we had was that I entered 12th AVE instead of 12th STREET in the GPS - that little error caused about a half hour of driving confusion, and a tour of some interesting places LOL

Nice parking garage. We parked on level 2 close to the elevator, and it cost $18 to park there for the night (paid at check out - then inserted the paid card in the machine when driving out and gate arm lifted). The sign in the garage said the first 15 minutes were free, so if you want to drive in and turn around you better hurry LOL.

Check in was on level 6. So from the parking garage go to level 6 to check in, not level 1 (you had to use your key card to go up to any higher floor).

It was very nice for a Hampton, with a good breakfast included the next morning - they even had waffle makers if you wanted to make your own waffles. Be sure and try the tray marked "bagel toppers", which were actually bagels baked with eggs, cheese and bacon on top, and were yummy! Plenty of places to sit and eat breakfast, and you can also go through the doors beside the bar and eat outside by the pool in the sunshine.

Our room overlooked the pool, across at tall buildings and to the right the trains would fly by - you could hear them, but it didn't bother us. At dusk they put these glowing balls out by the pool and it was pretty to look down and see them. The pool was busy at night, but no noise in our room. Our friends room was across the hall, with a view of a highrise condo across the street.

Random thoughts - we did hear the doors slam in the hall when people went in and out of their rooms as others have mentioned, but again, it didn't bother us.

If you're looking for the blowdryer it's in a felt bag on the shelf under the sink.

Coffee and hot water for tea is always available in the lobby across from the bar, and flavored water available across from check in.

There are ice and vending machines on each floor.

We received two vouchers at check in for two free drinks from the bar to use that evening. I didn't remember reading anything about that, so I'm not sure if that's standard, or something to do with the rate we paid.

Our friends flew into Ft Lauderdale and met us at the hotel. They used SAS Transportation and had zero problems, both coming and going back to FLL airport from Miami after the cruise.

For lunch we walked out the front door of the hotel and turned right, then turned right again at the next street and had our choice of a few restaurants. We decided on Piola:

http://www.piola.it/index.php?page=food-menu&menu_number=39&lang=en&id=28

Pizza (very good) and salad sitting outside enjoying the beautiful afternoon = happy campers.

Then at night we turned left at the main street instead of right and walked a few blocks down to "Dolores but you can call me Lolita". Since we weren't starving and wanted more of a snack, we just ate at the tables across from the bar ("Lolita") and again sat outside people watching and enjoying the nice evening:

http://www.doloreslolita.com/

http://www.doloreslolita.com/images/pdf/lolitas-night.pdf

I had the "Sweet & Spicy Chicken Lollipops w/ shoestring potatoes" @ $10 and they were absolutely delicious. My husband had the "Cuban Quesadillas

With Pork, Ham, Pickles, Mustard and Swiss Cheese" @ $8 and loved it. I think our friends had the chicken tenderloins with fries. I do know everyone was happy with the choice! :D

The next morning we decided to head over to the ship about 10:30am. Our friends had planned on taking a cab for the short ride over (our trunk and back seat was full of our luggage so no room with us). The front desk called for a cab, but when they went down to level 1 and walked out there was a shuttle guy that grabbed them and they went with him instead @ $8 per person. The cab would have been $15 for both (same difference), so I'm not sure why they just didn't go that way :confused: Maybe they just like shuttles LOL

Driving to the port we had another GPS fluke, and ended up at the wrong place (cargo!) and then actually left the port and had to turn around and come back at the "Return to the Port" sign (somehow I think we're not the only ones this has happened to). My advice is JUST FOLLOW THE SIGNS in the port ;) The next time we followed the signs to "Parking for Terminal C" and voila! EZ!

I noticed the JW Marriott and the Epic hotels on the drive over to the port, and both were beautiful and close to the port also. I don't think you could go wrong with any in the area as far as ease in getting to the port the next day - if you JUST FOLLOW THE SIGNS LOL.

Great to hear. We've got The Hampton Inn booked for May after hearing so many great reviews. I've been checking around that area to see if there was a better deal, but haven't found one. I think I'll just stick with the Hampton. Thanks for the review!!!

We just stayed there on January 11 for the night before our NCL Epic cruise. :) Sorry I don't have more pictures, but I couldn't find my camera, and when I finally did, it was when I was searching for something in my purse while checking out. So I whipped around and grabbed these on the way to the elevator to get our car

2j19y0p.jpg

122nrtj.jpg

We drove down and the only problem we had was that I entered 12th AVE instead of 12th STREET in the GPS - that little error caused about a half hour of driving confusion, and a tour of some interesting places LOL

Nice parking garage. We parked on level 2 close to the elevator, and it cost $18 to park there for the night (paid at check out - then inserted the paid card in the machine when driving out and gate arm lifted). The sign in the garage said the first 15 minutes were free, so if you want to drive in and turn around you better hurry LOL.

Check in was on level 6. So from the parking garage go to level 6 to check in, not level 1 (you had to use your key card to go up to any higher floor).

It was very nice for a Hampton, with a good breakfast included the next morning - they even had waffle makers if you wanted to make your own waffles. Be sure and try the tray marked "bagel toppers", which were actually bagels baked with eggs, cheese and bacon on top, and were yummy! Plenty of places to sit and eat breakfast, and you can also go through the doors beside the bar and eat outside by the pool in the sunshine.

Our room overlooked the pool, across at tall buildings and to the right the trains would fly by - you could hear them, but it didn't bother us. At dusk they put these glowing balls out by the pool and it was pretty to look down and see them. The pool was busy at night, but no noise in our room. Our friends room was across the hall, with a view of a highrise condo across the street.

Random thoughts - we did hear the doors slam in the hall when people went in and out of their rooms as others have mentioned, but again, it didn't bother us.

If you're looking for the blowdryer it's in a felt bag on the shelf under the sink.

Coffee and hot water for tea is always available in the lobby across from the bar, and flavored water available across from check in.

There are ice and vending machines on each floor.

We received two vouchers at check in for two free drinks from the bar to use that evening. I didn't remember reading anything about that, so I'm not sure if that's standard, or something to do with the rate we paid.

Our friends flew into Ft Lauderdale and met us at the hotel. They used SAS Transportation and had zero problems, both coming and going back to FLL airport from Miami after the cruise.

For lunch we walked out the front door of the hotel and turned right, then turned right again at the next street and had our choice of a few restaurants. We decided on Piola:

http://www.piola.it/index.php?page=food-menu&menu_number=39&lang=en&id=28

Pizza (very good) and salad sitting outside enjoying the beautiful afternoon = happy campers.

Then at night we turned left at the main street instead of right and walked a few blocks down to "Dolores but you can call me Lolita". Since we weren't starving and wanted more of a snack, we just ate at the tables across from the bar ("Lolita") and again sat outside people watching and enjoying the nice evening:

http://www.doloreslolita.com/

http://www.doloreslolita.com/images/pdf/lolitas-night.pdf

I had the "Sweet & Spicy Chicken Lollipops w/ shoestring potatoes" @ $10 and they were absolutely delicious. My husband had the "Cuban Quesadillas

With Pork, Ham, Pickles, Mustard and Swiss Cheese" @ $8 and loved it. I think our friends had the chicken tenderloins with fries. I do know everyone was happy with the choice! :D

The next morning we decided to head over to the ship about 10:30am. Our friends had planned on taking a cab for the short ride over (our trunk and back seat was full of our luggage so no room with us). The front desk called for a cab, but when they went down to level 1 and walked out there was a shuttle guy that grabbed them and they went with him instead @ $8 per person. The cab would have been $15 for both (same difference), so I'm not sure why they just didn't go that way :confused: Maybe they just like shuttles LOL

Driving to the port we had another GPS fluke, and ended up at the wrong place (cargo!) and then actually left the port and had to turn around and come back at the "Return to the Port" sign (somehow I think we're not the only ones this has happened to). My advice is JUST FOLLOW THE SIGNS in the port ;) The next time we followed the signs to "Parking for Terminal C" and voila! EZ!

I noticed the JW Marriott and the Epic hotels on the drive over to the port, and both were beautiful and close to the port also. I don't think you could go wrong with any in the area as far as ease in getting to the port the next day - if you JUST FOLLOW THE SIGNS LOL.

Thank you so much for all the information! We were wondering about restaurants and it sounds like a great area! Do you happen to see any type of store within walking that we could buy bottled water?

I love this place too. There is a Publix supermarket a couple blocks to right and another to the left. We went to the one by the restaurants… We had dinner at Perricone’s and also loved it.

I believe that the cruise package charge an additional $5 a day for parking during the cruise. Still a good price...

• 3 weeks later...

We stayed here the beginning of the month. It was very nice. We flew into Ft Lauderdale. Too a town car to the hotel. I will talk about that later. Not good. It is a nice hotel. Shuttle was $8.00 per person to the cruiseport plus tip. We also got the drink coupons. We ate at PF Changs for lunch. It was great. I have celiac so ate gluten free. I was happy. We were on the 15th floor. They also had specialty coffee at nite. Free continental breakfast too. My husband & other couple ate and said it was good. Nice pool outside. There is alsp a Publix right near there too. We bought a few things. Help is Great there too. Would stay there again anytime. Clean and very nice.

• 1 month later...

We are booked at this hotel for our cruise in June. The metrorail also runs from MIA In'tl airport to the Brickell stop - a block from the hotel - for $2pp. We take metros in most cities we visit, so we expect we'll do so here, unless we are too tired from traveling in from L.A.

David

Archived