Hampton Inn Brickell Miami

tinkerbell_82

Stayed here 2 weeks ago. Hotel was very nice. We loved the bar and pool area. We arrived around 7 and ventured out for dinner. There are lots of places to eat. We had a little difficulty choosing as everything was already packed and most of the restaurants were very specialized. We ended up at a Mexican place that was good but only had a few food choices and nothing like what we are used to at home. We have a picky child and were really looking for simple filling food.

The next day we took the people mover to Bayside Marketplace and walked around a bit. We had planned for lunch there but no one was hungry so we headed back to the hotel. Got off the people mover and headed straight to Publix as we were already half way there. Picked up a few essentials for the cruise and some items at the deli for a lite lunch. DH tried the chicken (Columbian I think) place across from the hotel and really liked it. Spent the afternoon by the pool and ended up ordering take out from one of the delivery places that had menus in the bar. Food and service were good.

We opted for a cab to the port. I don't recall the exact amount, maybe $25-30 with tip (I tipped extra since we had a lot of really heavy bags). It was about a 15 minute ride to the port. Would definitely stay here again.

On occasion, Hampton offers a shuttle to the port as a package. Its not worth it, cabs are plentiful in downtown and it'll cost $10-15 total plus tip to get everyone to the port.

Thanks all for the terrific reviews, I am happy you were able to enjoy downtown and this pretty property.

Yogi

We flew into Ft Lauderdale . We hired a town car from GO Shuttle. They quote us one price. When we got there, they quote us a different price. No choice at that point. Then we watched the guy who got the town car and the town car driver. We saw money being passed . We were told we could charge it. We only had 3 suitcases. Not that big. The driver slammed the trunk a couple times. Didn't think the idiot was smashing my suitcase. My husband said to him, why don't you let me put it in back seat with us. Only 2 of us. No One of them was a brand new silver aluminum suitcase. We had just bought it. I was actually happy when it came off the turntable with no scratches. That was a miracle. Then as we were driving down the highway, I asked him what charges they took. He said cash only. No charges. We got to Hampton Inn downtown Brickell. He took the 3 suitcases out of the trunk . Guy came out and put our suitcases on the thing to push. I was watching. Very easy guy. Got upstairs to our room and saw my suitcases. I had a fit. Tried calling them but couldn't get anyone. I took pics. I was pissed. When i got home, I emailed them and called. She kept asking me what charge I used. I told her a dozen times, he told me no charge. She asked me what kind of receipt he gave me. She said I needed my charge receipt to help. I explained what he looked like. Then she tells me she has no one that looks like that. I called half a dozen time. Told her I had pics. She didnt care. I wouldn't use GO SHUTTLE AGAIN if they were the last place in the world. They could give two craps about your stuff. I don't appreciate being lied to half a dozen time. I am going back again. I sure as heck won't use them again. They dont care about you. Just your money.

Sorry I am still so mad about my suitcase. They do offer a shuttle from the hotel to the port. It is $8.00 pp plus tip. You also get free breakfast which my husband said was good. We also got 2 coupons for drinks. Beer,wine or soda. We loved them. They were great. We walked to PF Changs. There is also Publix where you can buy soda and water too. Very quick walk.

We flew into Ft Lauderdale . We hired a town car from GO Shuttle. They quote us one price. When we got there, they quote us a different price. No choice at that point. Then we watched the guy who got the town car and the town car driver. We saw money being passed . We were told we could charge it. We only had 3 suitcases. Not that big. The driver slammed the trunk a couple times. Didn't think the idiot was smashing my suitcase. My husband said to him, why don't you let me put it in back seat with us. Only 2 of us. No One of them was a brand new silver aluminum suitcase. We had just bought it. I was actually happy when it came off the turntable with no scratches. That was a miracle. Then as we were driving down the highway, I asked him what charges they took. He said cash only. No charges. We got to Hampton Inn downtown Brickell. He took the 3 suitcases out of the trunk . Guy came out and put our suitcases on the thing to push. I was watching. Very easy guy. Got upstairs to our room and saw my suitcases. I had a fit. Tried calling them but couldn't get anyone. I took pics. I was pissed. When i got home, I emailed them and called. She kept asking me what charge I used. I told her a dozen times, he told me no charge. She asked me what kind of receipt he gave me. She said I needed my charge receipt to help. I explained what he looked like. Then she tells me she has no one that looks like that. I called half a dozen time. Told her I had pics. She didnt care. I wouldn't use GO SHUTTLE AGAIN if they were the last place in the world. They could give two craps about your stuff. I don't appreciate being lied to half a dozen time. I am going back again. I sure as heck won't use them again. They dont care about you. Just your money.

You may have done this already but if not you ought to do a separate thread on this experience because someone who might be considering this private service company won't easily ever see your post under Hampton Inn.

Just a thought.

Keith

Sorry I am still so mad about my suitcase. They do offer a shuttle from the hotel to the port. It is $8.00 pp plus tip. You also get free breakfast which my husband said was good. We also got 2 coupons for drinks. Beer,wine or soda. We loved them. They were great. We walked to PF Changs. There is also Publix where you can buy soda and water too. Very quick walk.

What time do the shuttles start going to the port?

Also, does anyone know how much it costs to get from the mia airport to this hotel?

Just to let you know they do offer shuttle. IT is $8.00 pp plus tip. They were great. You have to book it when you check it. They also offer some kind of drink on the 6th floor . It is like a fruit drink. The other people with us tried it. Said it was good and cold. great service. Just ask for a room not next to ice. We were up on 13th or the 15th floor. Sorry don't have it in front of me. We stayed there Feb this year. We ate at PF Changs. Really good as I have celiac. They had good gluten free. The rest of our group ate regular way. Then we stopped at Publix on way back for snacks.

• 2 weeks later...
We are booked at this hotel for our cruise in June. The metrorail also runs from MIA In'tl airport to the Brickell stop - a block from the hotel - for $2pp. We take metros in most cities we visit, so we expect we'll do so here, unless we are too tired from traveling in from L.A.

David

David we are currently staying at this hotel. We took the metro yesterday down to Bayside and found on our first trip it wasn't too crowded. That changed later in the day though as workers were headed home. It may not be so bad from the airport to the Brickell stop but from 10th street on it was the obvious choice for local workers.

It will save you quite a bit of money if you can manage it with your luggage. Our cab ride was $25 plus tip from the Miami airport to the hotel.

We were glad we are staying here when we got to Bayside and saw thousands of people set up for a big annual race event. The entire bay front area was hopping with action and various tents (not camping tents).

Today we are planning on checking out Pialos and whatever we end up finding by turning right outside the hotel.

This is an extremely convenient place to stay as previously mentioned. There are 3 Publix within a short walking distance. Many restaurants with outdoor seating and happy hour specials. Love having all the options so close.

David we are currently staying at this hotel. We took the metro yesterday down to Bayside and found on our first trip it wasn't too crowded. That changed later in the day though as workers were headed home. It may not be so bad from the airport to the Brickell stop but from 10th street on it was the obvious choice for local workers.

It will save you quite a bit of money if you can manage it with your luggage. Our cab ride was $25 plus tip from the Miami airport to the hotel.

We were glad we are staying here when we got to Bayside and saw thousands of people set up for a big annual race event. The entire bay front area was hopping with action and various tents (not camping tents).

Today we are planning on checking out Pialos and whatever we end up finding by turning right outside the hotel.

This is an extremely convenient place to stay as previously mentioned. There are 3 Publix within a short walking distance. Many restaurants with outdoor seating and happy hour specials. Love having all the options so close.

The people mover was also very crowded yesterday due to the race. It was much more crowded than normal.

Try The River Oyster for a great meal. Happy hour is from 4:30 to 7:00 with drink specials and half priced oysters.

Bonding next door is fantastic for sushi and Thai food.

• 1 month later...

We have booked a two-queen-bed suite to sleep 5 so one will be on the sofa-bed. Has anyone used this type of room and used the sofabed? Do they make it up as a single, using the long sofa seat cushion as the mattress, or does that sofa seat cushion come off and have a pullout frame, spring and matress?

Reason I am asking is that one of the queens will be shared for 2 children. If the sofa cushion is taken off in order to make up the sofa into a bed, perhaps we can put one of the kids on the sofa cushion on the floor?

Other option would be to ask for a cot....is there enough room for that?

• 1 month later...

We stayed there last November & have nothing but wonderful things to say about it. Extremely clean, amazingly comfortable beds, nice roof top pool & hot tub, excellent breakfast, walking distance to grocery store & restauraunts. Highly recommend!!!

Has no-one used the sofa bed or had a cot/foldaway bed added in a suite....??????

We have booked a two-queen-bed suite to sleep 5 so one will be on the sofa-bed. Has anyone used this type of room and used the sofabed? Do they make it up as a single, using the long sofa seat cushion as the mattress, or does that sofa seat cushion come off and have a pullout frame, spring and matress?

Reason I am asking is that one of the queens will be shared for 2 children. If the sofa cushion is taken off in order to make up the sofa into a bed, perhaps we can put one of the kids on the sofa cushion on the floor?

Other option would be to ask for a cot....is there enough room for that?

Thank you everyone for your positive reviews. Based on that and on the trip advisor reviews, we just booked this hotel for our 2 day pre cruise stay in early October.

Keep the "to do" suggestions flowing!:) We will be there for two days and want to see the Vizcaya Museum, among a lot of other things. Is it worth seeing?

Thank you everyone for your positive reviews. Based on that and on the trip advisor reviews, we just booked this hotel for our 2 day pre cruise stay in early October.

Keep the "to do" suggestions flowing!:) We will be there for two days and want to see the Vizcaya Museum, among a lot of other things. Is it worth seeing?

I really enjoyed the Vizcaya Museum. Really pretty gardens there.

You will have a lot of fun in this area. There is always something going on and lots of places that you will be able to walk to. Miami New Times which is on line is a great place to read some of the things that are going on during the time you are here. Check in prior to heading to the area.

I live most of the time on Brickell Ave can see the JW Marriott, Conrad, Four Seasons and Hampton Inn all from my balcony. They are all great hotels.

I really enjoyed the Vizcaya Museum. Really pretty gardens there.

You will have a lot of fun in this area. There is always something going on and lots of places that you will be able to walk to. Miami New Times which is on line is a great place to read some of the things that are going on during the time you are here. Check in prior to heading to the area.

I live most of the time on Brickell Ave can see the JW Marriott, Conrad, Four Seasons and Hampton Inn all from my balcony. They are all great hotels.

Thanks.

We stayed here the night before our June 22nd cruise on the Breeze. It was perfect!! Heated pool and jacuzzi, comp drinks after check in, rooms were great, location was very convenient, breakfast was just right.

This is our must stay when cruising from Miami.

Enjoy!!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We stayed here the night before our June 22nd cruise on the Breeze. It was perfect!! Heated pool and jacuzzi, comp drinks after check in, rooms were great, location was very convenient, breakfast was just right.

This is our must stay when cruising from Miami.

Enjoy!!

Hello neighbor, I am also from Rancho Cucamonga. I work near Foothill and Haven at the courthouse. I'm glad to hear your review of this hotel because we have a large group going in November. Sounds like it will be perfect for us.

LaVonna

Hello LaVonna. Small world. I live by Day Creek and Baseline.

Glad to pass along a good review! I have no doubt you will be pleased with the hotel.

My wife and I took the metro mover (which is close to the hotel) at 5am to bayside to watch the breeze arrive in to port (too excited - we couldn't sleep). What a sight! The Miami public transportation system is very good.

Have a great time!

David

Archived