A Visit from the Upgrade Fairy!!

paylady

After 22 cruises on RCL, it finally happened!!

There I was, unable to fall back to sleep so I decided to peruse the shore excursions for our cruise leaving on Adventure. I opened our reservation and literally gasped. :eek: DH who was already snuggled in bed for a cold winters night, asked "Are you all right?" They upgraded us from a GS to an OS!

I really love the configuration of the GS on Adventure. I guess we will just have to suffer ;) with the smaller balcony. The dining table, separate shower stall, etc. might make up for the "inconvenience". :D

The one time I wasn't paying attention to whether we got a last minute upgrade it happened. If it happened to me, it can happen to you.

I just had to share.

There I was, unable to fall back to sleep so I decided to peruse the shore excursions for our cruise leaving on Adventure. I opened our reservation and literally gasped. :eek: DH who was already snuggled in bed for a cold winters night, asked "Are you all right?" They upgraded us from a GS to an OS!

I really love the configuration of the GS on Adventure. I guess we will just have to suffer ;) with the smaller balcony. The dining table, separate shower stall, etc. might make up for the "inconvenience". :D

The one time I wasn't paying attention to whether we got a last minute upgrade it happened. If it happened to me, it can happen to you.

I just had to share.

Congratulations! Enjoy!

awesome Marla, so happy for you - have a wonderful time

Thanks, Mel. You have a wonderful trip as well. You will probably be on your cruise by the time we return, so enjoy. Regards to Don and say hello for us to Danny and Donna.

I just had to share.

Congratulations! Can I ask you if you booked through RCCL or used a ta? I thought for sure we would get an upgrade on our upcoming Oasis cruise as we have been D+ for over a year now and there were many cabins available above our cabin level for weeks. No such luck! Wondering if using an online ta would be the reason we are never chosen? Have heard the chances for an upgrade on the Oasis class is greater than other class of ships. Thanks!

Congratulations! Can I ask you if you booked through RCCL or used a ta? I thought for sure we would get an upgrade on our upcoming Oasis cruise as we have been D+ for over a year now and there were many cabins available above our cabin level for weeks. No such luck! Wondering if using an online ta would be the reason we are never chosen? Have heard the chances for an upgrade on the Oasis class is greater than other class of ships. Thanks!

Look for upgrades for your cruise 3-7 days out. You still have time. Good luck!

No, any kind of category is eligible. However, the probability of an upgrade is very low.

yes any category is eligble due to we had it happen the first time in 18 cruises this past one on the Liberty and we had just an inside cabin and was upgraded to a balcony and yes it was only about 5 days before we was leaving that it showed up on RCCI site and then they sent me a new confirmation with out telling me why but noticed the number was different....after awhile...I always do my reservations with RCCI on website or call the one agent there I tend to use to do all my reservations and issues!

I booked directly through RCL.

Just on the RCl site. I have yet to receive an email.

just call and ask for a new confirmation to be sent to your email and they will have no problem to do it....and that will show you . You doin't even have to explain...I have asked for it to be sent after the first one. Do enjoy your upgrade...

Archived