New Wine & Dine package online

Daghis

I missed that when I looked at my reservation. It shows that I've purchased "New! Wine and Dine Platinum 7 Bottle". It's confusing that it says both "New!" and references the "Platinum" package.

I have pretty much no idea what to expect will be available to me in the package when I sail in March.

We love this selections on the "new" list. I'm curious where you found it. We'll wait until we get onboard and, hopefully, the onboard Platinum list will be the same as the one you posted. :)

When I open the PDF for the March reservation it shows the "old" package but when I open the PDF for my May Serenade reservation it shows the "new" listings you shared. Now I'm really confused. :confused: It does say "Typical Wine Selections for Platinum Wine Packages" above the printed list and next to the PDF so I guess that's the key.....and the wines can be whatever they select.

We'll have to compare notes after our March cruises......

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

In addition to the Premium Beverage Package that you can now pre-purchase online, they've updated the wine package to an updated Wine & Dine Package. It looks as though the list of wines has changed somewhat and now includes:

• Sparkling Wines
    • Caposaldo, Prosecco, Brut (Veneto, Italy)
    • Domaine Ste. Michelle, Brut (Washington)

[*]White Wines

• Moscato, Castello del Poggio (Pavia, Italy)
    • Pinot Grigio, Attems (Venezia Giulia, Italy)
    • Sauvignon Blanc, Kim Crawford (Marlborough, New Zealand)
    • Sauvignon Blanc, Caliterra (Central Valley, Chile)
    • Chardonnay, Penfolds, "Koonunga Hill" (Australia)
    • Chardonnay, Glen Carlou (Paarl, South Africa)
    • Chardonnay, Aussières Blanc by Barons de Rothschild - Lafite (Languedoc, France) (on old package)
    • Chardonnay, Mer Soleil, Santa Lucia Highlands (California, United States)
    • White Zinfandel, Beringer (California) (on old package)

[*]Red Wines

• Pinot Noir, Spy Valley (Marlborough, New Zealand)
    • Merlot, Charles Krug (Napa, California)
    • Carmenère, Arboleda (Colchagua, Chile)
    • Tempranillo, Torres, Ribera del Duero, "Celeste" (Crianza, Spain)
    • Malbec, Familia Rutini, "Trumpeter" (Mendoza, Argentina) (on old package)
    • Shiraz, Peter Lehmann, "Weighbridge" (South Australia) (on old package)
    • Sangiovese, Marchesi de' Frescobaldi, Chianti Rufina, "Castello di Nipozzano" (Riserva, Italy)
    • Cabernet Sauvignon, Penley Estate, "Phoenix" (Coonawarra, Australia)
    • Cabernet Sauvignon, Robert Mondavi Winery (Napa, California, United States) (maybe on old package - not listed as "Solaire" as it had been)
    • Cabernet Sauvignon, Aussières Rouge by Barons de Rothschild - Lafite (Languedoc, France) (on old package)

Comparing this to the previous Platinum package which it seems to replace, it seems that there are lots of changes with only a few wines remaining from the old Platinum package. Pricing is, however, the same as the Platinum package had been.

Royal Caribbean had previously told people that those of us who had ordered a package before this new one rolled out would be grandfathered in, but I have to wonder whether they're discontinuing carrying the wines that are absent from this list.

We haven't been on a cruise in ages, so forgive my questions....if we get a bootle of wine at dinner, can we take the rest back to our cabin or does it have to stay in the MDR? Also, is the above wine list only those covered on the package? There are other wines available correct? Thanks!

We haven't been on a cruise in ages, so forgive my questions....if we get a bootle of wine at dinner, can we take the rest back to our cabin or does it have to stay in the MDR? Also, is the above wine list only those covered on the package? There are other wines available correct? Thanks!

Yes, you can take one or more partial or full bottles back to your stateroom.

Yes, the wines in the package are only a portion of the wines available on board.

I admit I was very disgruntled over the fact that my wine choice is no longer available and I purchased the package solely on its availability, so I called RCCL and after being on hold forever while supervisors were spoken to, I was informed that if you purchased the package before it changed, they WILL honor a wine selection off of the old list. I asked for confirmation in writing and was told I wouldn't need any because they would honor our choice. I told her that although I believed her, my server at any given venue might not be so inclined to agree. She wouldn't send me anything in writing since I booked through a TA and said my TA would have to call to get it on writing. So, on the phone I went again to speak with my TA who agrees that it needs to be in writing. In her words, "It's necessary, after all in God I trust... but with everyone else I want proof in writing." :D She hopes to have an email to me on Monday... I will post a copy once I get it.
I'll see what they say here in the UK later when I call them. I bet they deny all knowledge of a change. They normally do!

I missed that when I looked at my reservation. It shows that I've purchased "New! Wine and Dine Platinum 7 Bottle". It's confusing that it says both "New!" and references the "Platinum" package.

I have pretty much no idea what to expect will be available to me in the package when I sail in March.

My email documentation just says Wine & Dine Platinum but the note about OBC has disappeared and online it now says as yours does with 'New!' preceding the description.

I really don't like the changes. We used to exclusively drink the red and white Kendall Jackson. Does anyone have a wine list from the Navigator Main Dining Room that shows what is offered by the glass? That may have to be the way to go.

I admit I was very disgruntled over the fact that my wine choice is no longer available and I purchased the package solely on its availability, so I called RCCL and after being on hold forever while supervisors were spoken to, I was informed that if you purchased the package before it changed, they WILL honor a wine selection off of the old list. I asked for confirmation in writing and was told I wouldn't need any because they would honor our choice. I told her that although I believed her, my server at any given venue might not be so inclined to agree. She wouldn't send me anything in writing since I booked through a TA and said my TA would have to call to get it on writing. So, on the phone I went again to speak with my TA who agrees that it needs to be in writing. In her words, "It's necessary, after all in God I trust... but with everyone else I want proof in writing." :D She hopes to have an email to me on Monday... I will post a copy once I get it.

We were on the Enchantment with the Platinum wine package. About half way thru the cruise they were running out of some of our favorites. Now I see that they're not on the "new" list. So I don't think they will honor the wines on the old list - they just won't have them for you to select. As always, just my opinion.

We were on the Enchantment with the Platinum wine package. About half way thru the cruise they were running out of some of our favorites. Now I see that they're not on the "new" list. So I don't think they will honor the wines on the old list - they just won't have them for you to select. As always, just my opinion.

I agree with above................

Trying to come up with an alternative plan to the wine packages. Now that we can bring on two bottles we may forgo the package as our favorites are gone. Thinking of purchasing at Vintages and then bringing the open bottle to dinner? Is that allowed? I saw a picture of the Vintages specials board and some of the lower priced options seemed nice. Anyone happen to have a full Wine list from Vintages?

Trying to come up with an alternative plan to the wine packages. Now that we can bring on two bottles we may forgo the package as our favorites are gone. Thinking of purchasing at Vintages and then bringing the open bottle to dinner? Is that allowed? I saw a picture of the Vintages specials board and some of the lower priced options seemed nice. Anyone happen to have a full Wine list from Vintages?

Yes, you are allowed to bring bottles from Vintages to the dining room, or specialty restaurants. Royal no longer charges corkage fees for wines purchased onboard and brought to the dining room.

I bought the platinum wine package for our upcoming cruise based SOLELY on the availability of a Riesling. They've dropped the Chateau St Michelle Riesling! I like a light sweet wine (Gwurtztraminer, Riesling) and find moscato a bit too sweet. I don't see a wine varietal on this list I like :mad:. I'm ticked...actually beyond ticked as I truly wanted to enjoy a bottle of wine each night at dinner :mad:. Anyone have a suggestion off the list that I might like? Something that would be a close second to my now missing Cht. St. Michele?

That was the reason we purchased the package as well.

I didn't know there were specials at vintages. That's a great plan, IMO.

On some of my past cruises, I have purchased bottles from the wine list in Vintages and had them sent to the MDR. There was never a corkage fee.

Edited by tneah

I'm considering purchasing the wine package for my upcoming cruise - my first with Royal, and I have a couple of questions. Can we obtain the wine from any location other than the MDR? What about if we have dinner (or lunch) in the WJ, can we get wine there? What about Chops? If we don't finish a bottle, will it be saved for us or do we have to take it with us?

Thanks for the info.

Can we obtain the wine from any location other than the MDR?

You should be able to get the wine from the main dining room, Windjammer, and specialty dining restaurants.

What about if we have dinner (or lunch) in the WJ, can we get wine there?

You should be able to, but I did have a problem getting a bottle from my package in the Windjammer, and they directed us to go down to the main dining room to get it ourselves. That seemed a bit odd.

What about Chops?

Yes, that's not a problem.

If we don't finish a bottle, will it be saved for us or do we have to take it with us?

You can do it either way. They'll gladly hold it until the next evening, or you can take it with you back to your cabin or any other bar/lounge.

Interesting thread. Had not heard about the changes, even when we were on the Allure two weeks ago. Went to RCI's "My Cruises" to see what is being offered on our March cruise. Received a message saying "Alcoholic Beverage Packages not yet available for your cruise; check back when less than two months until cruise date" (or aomething to that effect. Since we sail in less than six weeks, that doesn't sound right either. Why am I not surprised?

If what I am understanding from this thread, the "new" Wine & Dine package is replacing the "old" Platinum Level Package? If that is correct and the price-point is close, this seems to be a bit of an up-grade. Does anyone know the price of the new package?

Ray in NH -- getting thirsty reading this :D

Interesting thread. Had not heard about the changes, even when we were on the Allure two weeks ago. Went to RCI's "My Cruises" to see what is being offered on our March cruise. Received a message saying "Alcoholic Beverage Packages not yet available for your cruise; check back when less than two months until cruise date" (or aomething to that effect. Since we sail in less than six weeks, that doesn't sound right either. Why am I not surprised?

If what I am understanding from this thread, the "new" Wine & Dine package is replacing the "old" Platinum Level Package? If that is correct and the price-point is close, this seems to be a bit of an up-grade. Does anyone know the price of the new package?

Ray in NH -- getting thirsty reading this :D

Hi Ray.....your understanding of this is the same as mine........and I'm hoping it's happening soon. As I mentioned above, for my March reservation I can order a package, but the PDF shows the "old" Platinum package. When I got to the May Serenade cruises I get the message you're getting but can click on the PDF and it shows the "new" wine list.

Today I was having trouble booking a shore excursion online so I called the number on the Pre-cruise for technical assistance....800 398-9819. I asked the young lady who helped me if she could answer a question about ordering the wine package. She confirmed that the package was changing to a Premium Platinum package and that was all you could order online. She did not "see" the wine list but did tell me the price was $166.75 for the 5 bottle package and $224.25 for the 7 bottle package. Both prices included gratuities. If this is the price for the "new" package we'd definitely be interested.

5 bottles - $145

7 bottles - $195

10 bottles - $265

12 bottles - $300

Sorry, I forgot to mention the 15% gratuity that is extra on the above prices. With gratuity, the prices are:

5 bottles - $166.75

7 bottles - $224.25

10 bottles - $304.75

12 bottles - $345.00

In addition to the Premium Beverage Package that you can now pre-purchase online, they've updated the wine package to an updated Wine & Dine Package. It looks as though the list of wines has changed somewhat and now includes:

• Sparkling Wines
    • Caposaldo, Prosecco, Brut (Veneto, Italy)
    • Domaine Ste. Michelle, Brut (Washington)

[*]White Wines

• Moscato, Castello del Poggio (Pavia, Italy)
    • Pinot Grigio, Attems (Venezia Giulia, Italy)
    • Sauvignon Blanc, Kim Crawford (Marlborough, New Zealand)
    • Sauvignon Blanc, Caliterra (Central Valley, Chile)
    • Chardonnay, Penfolds, "Koonunga Hill" (Australia)
    • Chardonnay, Glen Carlou (Paarl, South Africa)
    • Chardonnay, Aussières Blanc by Barons de Rothschild - Lafite (Languedoc, France) (on old package)
    • Chardonnay, Mer Soleil, Santa Lucia Highlands (California, United States)
    • White Zinfandel, Beringer (California) (on old package)

[*]Red Wines

• Pinot Noir, Spy Valley (Marlborough, New Zealand)(on old Diamond pkg $53)
    • Merlot, Charles Krug (Napa, California)(on old Diamond pkg $49)
    • Carmenère, Arboleda (Colchagua, Chile)(on old Diamond pkg $38)
    • Tempranillo, Torres, Ribera del Duero, "Celeste" (Crianza, Spain)
    • Malbec, Familia Rutini, "Trumpeter" (Mendoza, Argentina) (on old package)
    • Shiraz, Peter Lehmann, "Weighbridge" (South Australia) (on old package)
    • Sangiovese, Marchesi de' Frescobaldi, Chianti Rufina, "Castello di Nipozzano" (Riserva, Italy)
    • Cabernet Sauvignon, Penley Estate, "Phoenix" (Coonawarra, Australia)
    • Cabernet Sauvignon, Robert Mondavi Winery (Napa, California, United States) (maybe on old package - not listed as "Solaire" as it had been)
    • Cabernet Sauvignon, Aussières Rouge by Barons de Rothschild - Lafite (Languedoc, France) (on old package)

Comparing this to the previous Platinum package which it seems to replace, it seems that there are lots of changes with only a few wines remaining from the old Platinum package. Pricing is, however, the same as the Platinum package had been.

Royal Caribbean had previously told people that those of us who had ordered a package before this new one rolled out would be grandfathered in, but I have to wonder whether they're discontinuing carrying the wines that are absent from this list.

Just did some more digging and noticed that there are 3 wines on the new list that were on the old Diamond package - this is a good deal as they are more expensive. (I added notes in red above.) I also listed the per bottle price but I got this info from a chart someone posted a while back so not sure how current the prices are (but if anything it may be more now per bottle, not less).

I still think the list needs more work - a better or additional shiraz would be nice, and there's no zin at all. I will be happy with the Pinot Noir and Merlot though.:D

I bought the platinum wine package for our upcoming cruise based SOLELY on the availability of a Riesling. They've dropped the Chateau St Michelle Riesling! I like a light sweet wine (Gwurtztraminer, Riesling) and find moscato a bit too sweet. I don't see a wine varietal on this list I like :mad:. I'm ticked...actually beyond ticked as I truly wanted to enjoy a bottle of wine each night at dinner :mad:. Anyone have a suggestion off the list that I might like? Something that would be a close second to my now missing Cht. St. Michele?

You can still enjoy a bottle of wine each night - my Webshots album that had photos of the full wine list is a thing of the past, but I recall seeing a couple of Reislings on it, and I know there were some offered in Vintages on Mariner as well. That was 2010, but I am sure there will be something available. In your shoes, I would cancel the package and go by the bottle one you are onboard.

When we were on Jewel a few weeks ago, there were new full wine lists - it looked like the same wines at the same prices (I forgot to take pictures but noted a few favorites:o) arranged differently - there were cocktails on the front page, and then the wines were arranged by color and country. The per-glass prices, when available, were next to the full bottle prices.

At first blush, I don't much care for the new list. We liked the Ferrari-Carano Fume and Conundrum, both Diamond wines, which are gone. The Mer Soleil is good, though, so that might assuage us if we're on a cruise where we think a package is a good idea...

The prices for the new package are the same as the previous Platinum package.

5 bottles - $145

7 bottles - $195

10 bottles - $265

12 bottles - $300

This is where I am pleasantly surprised, for all of our recent Mediterranean sailings (the last on Mariner in August 2012) we've always purchased the 'old' Platinum package and it was more expensive than the price we've paid this time. Last August it was $225 plus 15% gratuity for the 7 bottle package, a total of $258.75 which worked out at around £162. This time I was only charged £141 so a saving of £21 or $33!

There was no additional tax added to the price of the package when we were on Mariner as it departed from Italy, unlike when we sailed from Spain as they add an extra 8% tax onto all beverages.

Edited by peteukmcr