New Wine & Dine package online

Daghis

This is where I am pleasantly surprised, for all of our recent Mediterranean sailings (the last on Mariner in August 2012) we've always purchased the 'old' Platinum package and it was more expensive than the price we've paid this time. Last August it was $225 plus 15% gratuity for the 7 bottle package, a total of $258.75 which worked out at around £162. This time I was only charged £141 so a saving of £21 or $33!

There was no additional tax added to the price of the package when we were on Mariner as it departed from Italy, unlike when we sailed from Spain as they add an extra 8% tax onto all beverages.

Don't get your hopes up. We found that the wine package (and wines by the bottle, and all the cocktails, too) in Europe to be good 15% higher than charged in the US (and they added the 15% on top of that, which they didn't do in Australia). So I imagine that you'll see a different price, unless ordering in advance on the website would save you the surcharge.

Hmmm. I have a sailing off Southampton in May. My "Wine and Dine Package" seem to be priced differently.

5 bottles

*190.00 USD

7 bottles

*250.00 USD

10 bottles

*345.00 USD

12 bottles

*385.00 USD

A 15.0% gratuity charge will be added to each package price listed above.

Interesting... I'm seeing increased prices for my upcoming cruise as well. The pricing I see for the Independence of the Seas in March (out of Fort Lauderdale) is now:

• 5 bottles: $165.00 USD
  • 7 bottles: $220.00 USD
  • 10 bottles: $300.00 USD
  • 12 bottles: $335.00 USD

All these prices have a 15% gratuity charge added as well.

I'm glad I ordered mine before the price went up!

Edited by Daghis

Interesting... I'm seeing increased prices for my upcoming cruise as well. The pricing I see for the Independence of the Seas in March (out of Fort Lauderdale) is now:

I had checked out the packages on my cruise planner for our upcoming sailing on Grandeur in September and it was origianally the exact prices for the Platinum packages that we have paid on other cruises, except in the Mediterranean. I just checked today and the prices had increased to what you are showing. Granted, some of the wines are from the Diamond package and cost $52 per bottle onboard and are $17-$22 in a wine store near home, but then you have the Beringer White Zinfandel, which costs about $5 in a local wine store (can't remember what the onboard price is).

Edited by MAHA

Hmmm. I have a sailing off Southampton in May. My "Wine and Dine Package" seem to be priced differently.

5 bottles

*190.00 USD

7 bottles

*250.00 USD

10 bottles

*345.00 USD

12 bottles

*385.00 USD

I just checked and these are the prices I see. And the list does not show the really good wines from the diamond package - like Charles Krug Merlot. I hope the list is just not updated....

5 bottles

*190.00 USD

7 bottles

*250.00 USD

10 bottles

*345.00 USD

12 bottles

*385.00 USD

For our upcoming Serenade cruise out of Barcelona we see these prices and the "new" wine list.

For our Vision cruise in March and Rhapsody cruise in July we see the prices above and the "old" list. :confused::confused:

It will be interesting to see what list we see when we board Vision March 8.

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

• 1 month later...

I am really confused now with all the different rates of packages. My Med cruise in May shows the high price of $190 plus 15%. Big difference from $165 and $145 plus 15% also quoted on this website.

I worked out a 5 bottle package would work out at $43.70 a bottle including the 15%. I can currently order a gift of wine (White Zinfandfel) for $31.05 and have it delivered to the dining room. No mention of the 15%.

That is a saving of over $10 on one bottle! I realise it all depends on the price of the bottle chosen.

I am away to order a bottle now to test it!

• 2 weeks later...

I just realized my new favorite Chardonnay is on this list, and at $28 a bottle, if I go to the store & get it, the 5 bottle deal makes it just $33. I'm worried though they will be out of it, I keep hearing complaints about that but perhaps that was because they were phasing out the old list.

Has anyone cruised recently with the new wine package? Was everything you wanted available? I LOVE the Mer Soleil Chard, I would drink 3 bottle of it myself on a 7 day cruise ;)

I had no intention of getting a package but now I'm considering it, Help!

• 1 year later...

I'm about to reserve the wine and dine package for our upcoming Allure Cruise, but it won't let me pick it up at the restaurant we have reserved (instead, it has us beginning on night 1 in the MDR, when we have Chops reserved.) Do I just need to go to the MDR on day one and tell them we're starting at Chops? Thanks!

I'm about to reserve the wine and dine package for our upcoming Allure Cruise, but it won't let me pick it up at the restaurant we have reserved (instead, it has us beginning on night 1 in the MDR, when we have Chops reserved.) Do I just need to go to the MDR on day one and tell them we're starting at Chops? Thanks!

We have always been able to get wine from the package at specialty restaurants. We just ask the people at Chops to get us one of our wines.

I had to do that on our recent Liberty sailing before we went to dine in Chops in order to get the sticker on my sea pass card. The waitstaff sorted it and then I could go to chops.

We are 53 days out from sailing Oasis and the Cruise Planner does not show any wine packages at all...just normal beverage packages. IS the package only on certain ships?

The package used to be on all ships, but it sounds like they are phasiing it out.