Saturday, January 26, Is Eight Enough, Sail Away....

PathfinderEss

[quote name='PathfinderEss'][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkred][B]Don't you just love puppy mills, not............[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[B][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkred]I still would have thought that ACE promazine (sp) would have taken some of that energy down. All in all sounds like your doing good, I know what a handful energetic.
dogs can be.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
[B][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkred] [/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="3"]thanks Melodie - I will ask at our next vet visit. anything to make my life easier!:rolleyes::D Since we go at least 2 - 3 times a week i will find out very quickly. My vet is very good as well - so i am going to ask. she's wearing me to a frazzle (the dog - not the vet) (not to mention interfering with my cruise planning).

I have no tolerance for puppy mills - by now I suspect you all know I work with the SPCA - I was actually one of the ones helping with this seizure (big mistake;)) she's been a lot of work, getting her to trust, not being scared - she's come a long way - and been worth every bit of the effort:D

My big white mountain dog adopted her and she's taken on a lot of his attributes. Since we lost him last May, I keep being amazed - I believe a part of him is with her. ok - another thread drift - I'm sorry:o[/SIZE]

Nope, the Grand provided her 3 toots.

I said that I would be here until Celebrity Eclipse, and so I am. Beautiful ship and am very anxious to try a cruise product that is different from what I have experienced in the past.

I plan to post and make a review of what I have found.

[quote name='rkacruiser']Nope, the Grand provided her 3 toots.

I said that I would be here until Celebrity Eclipse, and so I am. Beautiful ship and am very anxious to try a cruise product that is different from what I have experienced in the past.

I plan to post and make a review of what I have found.[/QUOTE]

We'll look forward to it - it's been a while since I've been on that line and I'm sure others like I would appreciate it.

I hope you enjoy your cruise on her:D:D

[quote name='kazu'][SIZE=3]thanks Melodie - I will ask at our next vet visit. anything to make my life easier!:rolleyes::D Since we go at least 2 - 3 times a week i will find out very quickly. My vet is very good as well - so i am going to ask. she's wearing me to a frazzle (the dog - not the vet) (not to mention interfering with my cruise planning).[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]I have no tolerance for puppy mills - by now I suspect you all know I work with the SPCA - I was actually one of the ones helping with this seizure (big mistake;)) she's been a lot of work, getting her to trust, not being scared - she's come a long way - and been worth every bit of the effort:D[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]My big white mountain dog adopted her and she's taken on a lot of his attributes. Since we lost him last May, I keep being amazed - I believe a part of him is with her. ok - another thread drift - I'm sorry:o[/SIZE][/quote]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=darkred][B]Yeah, I know all about puppy mills as our breed club rescues and has been involved in some pretty large puppy mill seizures. [/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[B][SIZE=3][COLOR=#8b0000][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
[B][SIZE=3][COLOR=#8b0000]You are a good person to take on a dog that has been abused. It takes alot of love and devotion to turn them around but well worth the effort.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=darkred][B]I can understand about not giving her to much pain medication, because you want her to be a little uncomfortable so she knows something hurts, but ACE just takes the edge off the craziness. [/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkred][B]Its a tranquilizer.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=darkred][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='PathfinderEss'][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkred][B]Yeah, I know all about puppy mills as our breed club rescues and has been involved in some pretty large puppy mill seizures. [/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[B][SIZE=3][COLOR=#8b0000]You are a good person to take on a dog that has been abused. It takes alot of love and devotion to turn them around but well worth the effort.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=darkred][B]I can understand about not giving her to much pain medication, because you want her to be a little uncomfortable so she knows something hurts, but ACE just takes the edge off the craziness. [/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkred][B]Its a tranquilizer.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[/quote]

Thanks Melodie so much.

she's feeling better so even on a tight leash trying to 'dance' - not good.

this sounds perfect for her as she is getting into full mode again:eek:

Really appreciate the advice and caring. and yes, you are right - she is not the same dog that came here. she was a lot of work - but she is a little (compared to my big dog) gem - the changes in her are astronomical since she came here and the time and effort are more than worth it.

Thanks again:D and now back to our regularly scheduled sail a way:D

[SIZE=3][COLOR=darkred][B]You know her horns sound alot like Hal's[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=darkred][B]Poesia, 4 nice long, long toots. Thanks Poesia, great way to end another wonderful sail away.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

All of my dogs (now four) are or have been rescues. Rescues are special. I have a good friend (their "uncle") who stays with them when I cruise. Right now it is day to day with my 15-year old shepard-chow mix. I know I will not have him much longer, but I thought at the beginning of 2012 I would not have him at the end or the year, but he's still here.

I do not have what it takes to go on cruelty calls or ASPCA raids.

[quote name='PathfinderEss'][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkred][B]Nice ports, its been along time since we were in the Caribbean. You'll love the Maasdam, she is a great ship.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]I know I'll love the Maasdam. I've sailed her three times.
[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='lka1012']All of my dogs (now four) are or have been rescues. Rescues are special. I have a good friend (their "uncle") who stays with them when I cruise. Right now it is day to day with my 15-year old shepard-chow mix. I know I will not have him much longer, but I thought at the beginning of 2012 I would not have him at the end or the year, but he's still here.

I do not have what it takes to go on cruelty calls or ASPCA raids.[/quote]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=darkred][B]lka, your special having all those rescue dogs.:)[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[quote name='mamaofami'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]I know I'll love the Maasdam. I've sailed her three times.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/quote]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=darkred][B]Sorry Mamaofami, I should learn to look down at signatures, I see where you have sailed on her a few times, so you already know what a great ship she is.:o[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[B][SIZE=3][COLOR=#8b0000]Well today has been a mix bag of problems with my computer, me, or whatever. From not being able to get into CC or PE to no sound. Lastly a frozen screen. Hope tomorrow goes better.:D[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Archived