Saturday, January 26, Is Eight Enough, Sail Away....

PathfinderEss

Civilians standing in the Oasis's Port Bridge Wing! I thought the new regulations issued by the CLIA after the Costa Concordia accident prohibited such visits during critical manuvering times. I would think a port departure, particularly from such a busy port as Port Everglades, would qualify for such a time.

[quote]If you have any suggestions for tours, etc. I'll happily take them. We know St. Martin but not the other islands.

[/quote]

[B]I'm not the best one to ask about tours anymore. We've been to the islands so many times over 35+ years that we really don't do tours anymore. I can't speak for the quality etc of the tours they offer today. But I'm certainly happy to answer any questions when I can. :)

[/B]

[quote name='rkacruiser']Civilians standing in the Oasis's Port Bridge Wing! I thought the new regulations issued by the CLIA after the Costa Concordia accident prohibited such visits during critical manuvering times. I would think a port departure, particularly from such a busy port as Port Everglades, would qualify for such a time.[/quote]

We too, were surprised to see those folk on the bridge.

[quote name='PathfinderEss'][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkred][B]Mamaofami, where are the other ports your going to?[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Melodie, we're going to St. Kitts, St. Vincent, St. Martin where we've been, Barbados, Martinique(been there) St. Croix, and HMC.
[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='mamaofami'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Melodie, we're going to St. Kitts, St. Vincent, St. Martin where we've been, Barbados, Martinique(been there) St. Croix, and HMC.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/quote]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=darkred][B]Nice ports, its been along time since we were in the Caribbean. You'll love the Maasdam, she is a great ship.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='PathfinderEss'][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkred][B]I'm surprised they didn't give you some ACE to slow her down, keep her calm, etc.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[/quote]

[SIZE=3]even the pain meds were low - after all the more you give her the more she thinks she can do:eek:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]I don't think any meds will slow this dog down. It's a matter of surveillance, commands and (sometimes) the kennel.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]She is a mix of a sheltie, chow and terrier at our best guess.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]she would normally dance for a cookie, jumps to go 'outside' and prances when people come home.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]the orthopaedic surgeon that I was lucky enough to get to do the job is the best in the province, Atlantic Canada and I don't know for sure but I would guess in Canada. She is very skilled.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]If the dog gets too many pills, then she may slip and break the leg. No cast as she has to start using it.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]She is part of the SPCA huge raid - 60 dogs - starving - eating wood - and being beaten - a horrible puppy mill. Even worse - there were another 200 in Quebec:eek:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]anyways I digress from the sail a way with apologies. she's a tough little girl - very sweet and worth every effort:D[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]apologies again for the thread drift:o[/SIZE]

[quote name='kazu'][SIZE=3]even the pain meds were low - after all the more you give her the more she thinks she can do:eek:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]I don't think any meds will slow this dog down. It's a matter of surveillance, commands and (sometimes) the kennel.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]She is a mix of a sheltie, chow and terrier at our best guess.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]she would normally dance for a cookie, jumps to go 'outside' and prances when people come home.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]the orthopaedic surgeon that I was lucky enough to get to do the job is the best in the province, Atlantic Canada and I don't know for sure but I would guess in Canada. She is very skilled.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]If the dog gets too many pills, then she may slip and break the leg. No cast as she has to start using it.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]She is part of the SPCA huge raid - 60 dogs - starving - eating wood - and being beaten - a horrible puppy mill. Even worse - there were another 200 in Quebec:eek:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]anyways I digress from the sail a way with apologies. she's a tough little girl - very sweet and worth every effort:D[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]apologies again for the thread drift:o[/SIZE][/quote]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=darkred][B]Don't you just love puppy mills, not............[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[B][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkred]I still would have thought that ACE promazine (sp) would have taken some of that energy down. All in all sounds like your doing good, I know what a handful energetic.
dogs can be.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
[B][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkred] [/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

[quote name='LordSpain']Apparently it's to late to toot for the Eclipse . . . I wonder if there is a toot curfew or something . . .

Bruce[/quote]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=darkred][B]None that we've ever noticed. I heard the Poesia put on quite a show last week and she is alway last to go out.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Archived