Le Cirque Dinner

jmkennett

Is the Le Cirque dinner worth it or would you prefer the regular Pinnacle Grill dinner? Thanks!

As dobiemom says, you will get many answers, both positive and negative. That goes for in families also...

I happen to think that Le Cirque is the best doggoned food/meal on the ship. Hubby on the other hand says it is not worth it to him.

Give me Le Cirque every night and I will be there. Hubby will be either in the MDR or Lido...Go figure:D

Best way to get a real answer is for you to try it once:)

We do not do wine or alcohol wherever we are, so I cannot answer about the value of the wine pairing.

Joanie

Is the Le Cirque dinner worth it or would you prefer the regular Pinnacle Grill dinner? Thanks!

I perfer normal Pinnacle menu over Le Cirque, if you like good wine do not get the wine parring. ( will do Pinnacle at least 3 times on next cruise)

I enjoyed Le Cirque dinner on the Westerdam last month. DH thought it was one of the best meals he's ever had. We'll probably do it again because DH loved it so much, whereas I wouldn't mind trying the regular Pinnacle menu on our next HAL cruise. (We ate at the Pinnacle Grill once on the Maasdam on our first HAL cruise, but that was seven years ago.) We both enjoyed the Pinnacle lunch menu one day when the regular dining room was not open.

If you asked 50 people. 25 would tell you it was great. The other half would say not worth the time an effort.

If it really interests you, try it out. Then decide for yourself. You may not have a chance to experience that again.

We have thoroughly enjoyed the Le Cirque dinner on several different ships. It is a very limited menu, so check before you book that there will be items which appeal to you.

We have booked again for our upcoming cruise on the Ryndam in May. This time we will have our children (21 and 26!) with us and they are looking forward to their first Le Cirque dinner, as we have raved about it every time!

I went to a demo of the lobster starter and we were told that in the restaurant in NYC that starter costs $39, which makes the cost of the whole dinner on board (especially the superb chateaubriand steak) ie $39 a real bargain.

Can't comment on the wine pairings as we don't do those. We always save our welcome aboard bottle to enjoy with the Le Cirque dinner.

Le Cirque Menu -- it is $39 per person -- held in the Pinnacle Grill -- can be booked online, on the ship or through Ship Services at 1-800-541-1576

Appetizers:

Lobster Cocktail - poached lobster with haricot vert and citrus

Le Trio - caviar, smoked salmon and Pate foie gras

Caesar Salad - interpretation of the classical salad

Soup:

Butternut Squash with Huckleberries - with sage chantilly

Chilled Yogurt and Mellon - with shrimps

Main Courses:

Seared Alaskan Black Cod - leek, red wine beurre rouge

Rack of Lamb - goat cheese panisse, artichokes and arugula

Chateaubriand - horseradish flan, sweet and sour baby beets

Three Cheese Ravioli - fresh basil tomato

Chicken Under a Brick - sauteed vegetables ginger honey jus

Dessert:

Creme Brulee Le Cirque

Chocolate Souffle - traditional chocolate souffle with vanilla gelato

Napoleon with Fresh Berries

Assortment of Sorbets

We have done Le Cirque on the Westerdam and Eurodam and enjoyed it both times. The service was excellent. Every effort was made to provide you with a lovely dinning experience. We enjoyed the food. We have already booked it again on our next cruise, The Maasdam in April. I would say give it a try.

Archived