Oceania Rolls out new menus!!

LEESRE

Cruise Industry News published this article yesterday 28.1.13.

Good news for those who are sailing soon.

Oceania Cruises announced the successful completion of a new menu rollout featuring 85 new dishes for its Grand Dining Room on the line’s newest ship, Riviera.

The remainder of the Oceania Cruises fleet will incorporate the new menus over the next three months.

“Since the founding of Oceania Cruises 10 years ago, we have held a reputation for serving cuisine that is the finest at sea and even rivals the best restaurants ashore,” said Kunal S. Kamlani, the line’s president. “Our latest innovations in the Grand Dining Room are inspired by classic European fare, with a contemporary, creative touch. They reflect our ongoing commitment to provide an exceptional dining experience that starts with a thoughtful and meticulously researched menu concept, the highest-quality ingredients and the perfect execution of traditional culinary techniques.”

f, Oceania Cruises has an entire team at the helm of its culinary program, including its executive culinary director, renowned master chef Jacques Pépin.

Fleet Corporate Chef Franck Garanger led the team in conceiving the new menus. The Oceania Cruises culinary team has spent the past eight months designing and rigorously testing the new menu items. As the menus in the Grand Dining Room change daily, the rollout features a total of 85 new dishes, including three new lobster dishes and 10 new pastas and risottos.

New creations include dishes such as Pancetta-Wrapped Jumbo Shrimp with Kalamata Olive Sauce and Vegetable Julienne, Roast Segovian Suckling Pig with Rosemary Fingerling Potatoes, and Diver Scallops over Orange-Braised Endive with Vanilla Vinaigrette Salad. The new dishes also feature unique, high-end ingredients such as Castilla–La Mancha saffron, Lessatini olive oil from Nice and Ibérico de Bellota pork.

There is also a selection of new Canyon Ranch dishes, including Dover Sole Meunière in Lemon Butter Sauce with Sweet Leek Puff Pastry and Steamed Potatoes, as well as Pulpo a la Gallega: Octopus on Warm Potato Salad with Sweet Spanish Paprika de la Vera.

The rollout includes an array of new wines by the bottle as well as an extended list of wines by the glass.

CI

Lyn,

You can always go to Barristas and grab a tuna sandwich;)

Do not like tuna & you can only eat so many burgers

Not everyone that sails Oceania are "foodies"

If I wanted to eat burgers & tuna sandwiches I could save money & go on another line :D

Lyn

Hope they have some dishes for us folks that like simple food :(

Shame on you, Lyn, everyone on Oceania is supposed to have an sophisticated palate! :p;) However, if they ever considered turning WAVES into a BBQ rib joint in the evening, I might sneak in there once in a while...:cool:

Cruise Industry News published this article yesterday 28.1.13.

Good news for those who are sailing soon.

Oceania Cruises announced the successful completion of a new menu rollout featuring 85 new dishes for its Grand Dining Room on the line’s newest ship, Riviera.

The remainder of the Oceania Cruises fleet will incorporate the new menus over the next three months.

“Since the founding of Oceania Cruises 10 years ago, we have held a reputation for serving cuisine that is the finest at sea and even rivals the best restaurants ashore,” said Kunal S. Kamlani, the line’s president. “Our latest innovations in the Grand Dining Room are inspired by classic European fare, with a contemporary, creative touch. They reflect our ongoing commitment to provide an exceptional dining experience that starts with a thoughtful and meticulously researched menu concept, the highest-quality ingredients and the perfect execution of traditional culinary techniques.”

f, Oceania Cruises has an entire team at the helm of its culinary program, including its executive culinary director, renowned master chef Jacques Pépin.

Fleet Corporate Chef Franck Garanger led the team in conceiving the new menus. The Oceania Cruises culinary team has spent the past eight months designing and rigorously testing the new menu items. As the menus in the Grand Dining Room change daily, the rollout features a total of 85 new dishes, including three new lobster dishes and 10 new pastas and risottos.

New creations include dishes such as Pancetta-Wrapped Jumbo Shrimp with Kalamata Olive Sauce and Vegetable Julienne, Roast Segovian Suckling Pig with Rosemary Fingerling Potatoes, and Diver Scallops over Orange-Braised Endive with Vanilla Vinaigrette Salad. The new dishes also feature unique, high-end ingredients such as Castilla–La Mancha saffron, Lessatini olive oil from Nice and Ibérico de Bellota pork.

There is also a selection of new Canyon Ranch dishes, including Dover Sole Meunière in Lemon Butter Sauce with Sweet Leek Puff Pastry and Steamed Potatoes, as well as Pulpo a la Gallega: Octopus on Warm Potato Salad with Sweet Spanish Paprika de la Vera.

The rollout includes an array of new wines by the bottle as well as an extended list of wines by the glass.

CI

We have our 1st Oceania cruise this summer, and we are uber-excited. I am going to throw caution at the wind and eat anything and everything. But my wife just started a new diet and will be very health conscious. Does Oceania offer anything on the "Lite & Healthy" side. Vegetarian entrees? Low-fat? That sort of thing.

We have our 1st Oceania cruise this summer, and we are uber-excited. I am going to throw caution at the wind and eat anything and everything. But my wife just started a new diet and will be very health conscious. Does Oceania offer anything on the "Lite & Healthy" side. Vegetarian entrees? Low-fat? That sort of thing.

Cruise Enthusiasts

Yes they do. I believe that they are called "Spa Selections" and include Appetizers, Entree's, Sides and Desserts.

Some people ONLY order from the Spa menu, but mixing and matching with the regular menu is encouraged. Enjoy!

Edited by JimandStan

I often order off the Canyon Ranch menu which is included on the menu in the GDR. It has a lighter version of some of that day's entrees and if I remember correctly, some standard addtional items. I have found them very good. The calorie information is included.

Hope they have some dishes for us folks that like simple food :(

Me too! It's a real challenge on a longer cruise. I like veggies with my meal but they are the same every day in the MDR. I got real excited when peas were served with the turkey on Thanksgiving ;).

I don't like tuna either!!

The secret to not gaining weight is to only have one dessert at Lunch and Dinner!!

I am glad there are new menus coming as after 11 cruises we have them memorized.

Plainer food is always on the menu including the Jacques Pepin items that now includes lamb chops.

The main problem is the waiters who frequently bring extras "just to try" and you end up with two starters or two main dishes.

Your wife will have to be firm or you will have to help her with leftovers.

The secret to not gaining weight is to only have one dessert at Lunch and Dinner!!

I am glad there are new menus coming as after 11 cruises we have them memorized.

Plainer food is always on the menu including the Jacques Pepin items that now includes lamb chops.

The main problem is the waiters who frequently bring extras "just to try" and you end up with two starters or two main dishes.

Your wife will have to be firm or you will have to help her with leftovers.

I have never had a waiter bring extras ???

In the early days of O they had some very good vegetarian dishes on the menus but they seem to have more elaborate in the past few years

DH has one desert at lunch dinner & several at afternoon tea as well as the sweet rolls at breakfast then wonders why he has to spend so much time in the gym or walking track so he fit in his clothes on the homebound trip ;)

If you discuss with the waiter your difficulty in choosing between two dishes we have had him/her bring the second dish, just to try. Doesn't always happen but sometimes. Has usually happened when we have asked for a specific table or waiter so we get a bit of a "relationship" going.

As to pants, that is the reason they make hidden expansion sections:D

I happened to have my physical after my Oceania cruises ... lo and behold, both times all my numbers were much better than before. The doctor was very impressed and congratulated me on my lifestyle changes! I gained two pounds, never went to the gym and ate dessert twice a day. Somehow, the food must be healthy, no hidden fats, no extra sugar, no surplus salt.

The new menu items sound delicious.

The only times we've ever been presented with second dishes is when we've asked for them ... DH has been known to order one of every course, or two of some of them. It's unfair that he remains so slender!

I must admit that I didn't find the descriptions of the new courses that appealing ... they just sounded a bit too "fancified" to me, so I think I'm with Lyn. But we haven't seen the full menu yet and I'm usually willing to try!

As has been said, there are other options!

Mura

I agree!

The new dishes certainly don' t work for those like us who neither eat

pork or shellfish.

Hope they keep all the other great choices that Oceania has been known for.;)

Oh, no! Hope you are right that they keep the other great non-pork and seafood choices else I may need a new travel companion.:)

Sorry, Gary. I retract the statement. Maybe I can fatten him up in time for November. (Right now he's post-eye surgery and is not permitted to exercise so he may have gained 3-4 pounds ...)

To the folks who are concerned that there is only shellfish and pork on the menu -- we were given, what, three samples of the new menu? I would never assume it's all one or two choices! Especially not those two.

Mura

Sorry, Gary. I retract the statement. Maybe I can fatten him up in time for November. (Right now he's post-eye surgery and is not permitted to exercise so he may have gained 3-4 pounds ...)

To the folks who are concerned that there is only shellfish and pork on the menu -- we were given, what, three samples of the new menu? I would never assume it's all one or two choices! Especially not those two.

Mura

Don't think anyone used ONLY..It's just that when all the samples in what they give are those it makes one wonder about the direction of the kitchen. There have always been many other choices and hopefully will continue to be but unfortunately without having spoken to the head chefs of all three R ships I would not have know about all the hidden PORK in many dishes which then also came off the list of edibles for us.