Fellow cruisers: do/do not courtesies to your shipmates

MermaidWatcher

My guess is that the person who wrote that meant "heating up." Serving tongs can get hot if left in a serving dish. What usually happens, though, is that they slide down into the dish and the handle gets covered with food.

I guess you're missing the point that the tongs need to be put back in its original bin and not just placed nearby. If you want to be considerate, don't just serve yourself and be sloppy about placing the serving item back. If you find that it's dropped into the food or it's covered with food, bring that to the attention of the staff there so they can replace the serving utensil. If you feel it's too hot to the touch, then they are using the wrong type of utensil.

Same thing with those who leave their balcony doors open. This messes with the climate control system on board.

Here we go with the Balcony door item again.:rolleyes: On some of the ships we have been on when the door is opened the A/C or Heat goes off until the door is closed again. No problem there. On others the bath carpet at the bottom of the door or a cloth napkin over a door vent solves the problem there. We love having the door open at night and the fresh air coming in, hot or cold. When we lived in Tahoe we kept the bedroom window open in the winter and the door closed, slept great and no danger of Heater Gas malfunctioning poisoning us at night, as happened to a friend there. When we are not in the room we draw the drapes and close the door so the system works normally. When we took the detailed tour of one of the ships we spoke with the Chief Engineering Officer in the Engineering Control Room and he said this was not a problem on the ships. The most common alarm received in Engineering is from people leaving the bath door open and taking a shower, the steam will activate the room alarm signal down in engineering. So close those bath doors or you might get a knock on the room door to see if all is alright, and if you don't answer the knock you could find someone standing in your room when you stepped out of the shower.:D

Sailing out of Venice on the Grand Canal, everyone was on deck on the Ruby Princess. So beautiful! Andrea Bocelli playing in the background...a wonderful moment. I asked if the woman at the rail would let us in. (She had both arms and legs spread wide and holding onto the railing, apparently saving space for someone). I was polite. She wasn't and said, "too bad, you should have been here earlier like us" She didn't budge. What a witch!!!!!

Sailing out of Venice on the Grand Canal, everyone was on deck on the Ruby Princess. So beautiful! Andrea Bocelli playing in the background...a wonderful moment. I asked if the woman at the rail would let us in. (She had both arms and legs spread wide and holding onto the railing, apparently saving space for someone). I was polite. She wasn't and said, "too bad, you should have been here earlier like us" She didn't budge. What a witch!!!!!

Is it possible that the person needed that space to help balance herself? The reply says otherwise. But it is possible that someone needs more space for balance issues.

Is it possible that the person needed that space to help balance herself? The reply says otherwise. But it is possible that someone needs more space for balance issues.

No, she was just rude,rude, rude. I was really taken aback.

Saw her again with her husband and she was loud and complaining to the staff.

This happened on our first cruise: we were on a hallway that had several cabins of what appeared to be an extended family. They all kept their doors open all day so the kids could run back and forth and we could all hear the fussy babies 24 hours a day. I love kids- I have four- but that group deprived the rest of us of a relaxing time. (Yes I called security several times when it went on late at night.). They also delighted in periods of slamming the doors, hearty games of hide and seek and tag, and yelling at each other.

That's why I get up at 4:15 AM to remove all such towels so as to give everyone who actually shows up at the pool a chance to get a lounger.

Changing the time of the lounger crawl to 4:16 am.

:rolleyes:

By the way, never left a towel on lounger, always afraid someone would heist it and I would have to pay the towel gods the penalty fine.....Only take a beach bag and leave by the perimeter of the ship, and if I need to cool down I sit on the rim of the pool-- Too much to do to lay in the sun on a cruise for me.

Sea Ya

I saw one passenger in December on the Monarch who avoided that entire issue by taking the whole plate of cookies from the WJ buffet to his table. Uggh.

On a Carnival cruise, a passenger took an entire steam table container of fried chicken wings to her table for her group. The poor server just stood there with his mouth open for a minute and then went and got another container.

How about people who are finished eating lingering in the buffet when it is crowded while others are walking around looking for a place to sit. There are plenty of places to sit and visit.

Of course, plopping down with your food at such a table vastly hastens their departure...

Here's one: Please lower your voice in the ship library. I have been shocked at how loud people can be in what should be a quiet space. Same goes for the chapel, muster drill, films, shows, etc.

...those passengers who overfill their plate(s) at the buffet. No need to do that...you can go back for seconds. Worse, these same passengers leave a ton of food on their plate. :confused:

I'm guilty, sorry!

My eyes are bigger than my stomach, as they say in French.

After a few days onboard I adjust and get better about this. :)

Changing the time of the lounger crawl to 4:16 am.

:rolleyes:

By the way, never left a towel on lounger, always afraid someone would heist it and I would have to pay the towel gods the penalty fine.....Only take a beach bag and leave by the perimeter of the ship, and if I need to cool down I sit on the rim of the pool-- Too much to do to lay in the sun on a cruise for me.

Sea Ya

Changing my time to 4:18, a couple of extra minutes sleep will be welcome.

Off Freedom 1/27.

Many times saw people use their hands to grab food off the buffet table.

HELLO, there is a reason for those black tongs, people!

But, I've always wondered...is it better to grab a cookie or roll type item, with your hands, (not touching others), or touching tongs that 300 people have already touched? Things that make you go....hmmmmmm

I have to go along with balcony and cabin door slamming. I was recently in a balcony cabin for 28 days, and the slamming was pretty consistant on both sides of me. I honestly think that guests really don't think about it.

Archived