Crown and Anchor Pin Question

davenew

As kc320 stated you should get it sometime during your next cruise but Mark_K is also very correct in saying that you may not get it. If you do not have it by the 3rd day pop in and see the Loyalty Ambassador. They have a supply of them.

This is one area where RCI is very inconsistent.

Heh... wouldn't you know it? Mere seconds after I posted that picture, I remembered where my Platinum pin was.

Okay, so I was wrong. It does look different from the Emerald one. It's silver instead of gold and doesn't have a crystal at all.

normal_P1020746.JPG

I haven't received my platinum, diamond, or diamond plus pins. There also seems to be inconsistant stories on how to get them. I didn't care that much about the platinum one but I wanted the diamond one. It never showed up so I called C&A who told me I should ask for one onboard. I tried that a couple times and was told I needed to call C&A. I never got a diamond pin. Last cruise I was diamond plus and tried again - same story. LA onboard says call C&A, C&A says I was supposed to get it onboard. Diamond plus members were supposed to get luggage tags. I called C&A about those a few times and never got them - they were always "on backorder" and they would put me on the list when they were available. I never got them and now C&A changed it so you have to be Pinnacle to get the luggage tags. I doubt I'll ever get them.

Funny though - I sailed with Celebrity when I was a Platinum C&A member so I have a Captain's Club number. C&A and Cap Club have reciprocating benefits. Platinum status in C&A gives you Select status in Cap Club and Diamond C&A is Elite for Cap Club. When I made Diamond for C&A, Celebrity sent me a "Welcome to Elite Status" package that included pins and luggage tags for Celebrity.

I haven't received my platinum, diamond, or diamond plus pins. There also seems to be inconsistant stories on how to get them. I didn't care that much about the platinum one but I wanted the diamond one. It never showed up so I called C&A who told me I should ask for one onboard. I tried that a couple times and was told I needed to call C&A. I never got a diamond pin. Last cruise I was diamond plus and tried again - same story. LA onboard says call C&A, C&A says I was supposed to get it onboard. Diamond plus members were supposed to get luggage tags. I called C&A about those a few times and never got them - they were always "on backorder" and they would put me on the list when they were available. I never got them and now C&A changed it so you have to be Pinnacle to get the luggage tags. I doubt I'll ever get them.

Funny though - I sailed with Celebrity when I was a Platinum C&A member so I have a Captain's Club number. C&A and Cap Club have reciprocating benefits. Platinum status in C&A gives you Select status in Cap Club and Diamond C&A is Elite for Cap Club. When I made Diamond for C&A, Celebrity sent me a "Welcome to Elite Status" package that included pins and luggage tags for Celebrity.

Agree with you....never received ANY kind of pin until I asked the Loyal Ambassador. Never even gave it a thought until we were in the CL with other diamond+ and asked ' where is your diamond+ pin?'. Others told us to go and ask. ASK AND YOU SHALL RECEIVE!! 'Elite' on Celebrity and have received nothing from them either.

Doesn't really bother me except the others that had the pin said 'you get recoginition by wearing the pins'.....:)

We've been diamond+ for a while now and since securing the pin....see no difference in how we are treated. Royal Celebrity crew are just as nice as when we first cruised with them 18 years ago.:D Judy

Agree with you....never received ANY kind of pin until I asked the Loyal Ambassador. Never even gave it a thought until we were in the CL with other diamond+ and asked ' where is your diamond+ pin?'. Others told us to go and ask. ASK AND YOU SHALL RECEIVE!! 'Elite' on Celebrity and have received nothing from them either.

Doesn't really bother me except the others that had the pin said 'you get recoginition by wearing the pins'.....:)

We've been diamond+ for a while now and since securing the pin....see no difference in how we are treated. Royal Celebrity crew are just as nice as when we first cruised with them 18 years ago.:D Judy

I never thought of wearing it for recognition, I just collect lapel pins. I have a display of pins at home and quite a few on my baseball hat collection.

ctcruiser - no block for me either. I made diamond status before they converted from points per sailing to days sailed. After they did my conversion, I had more than 140 points so I didn't get a block. Because of the way they converted (7 days per point whether a 3-night or 12-night and I had extra points for JS's for most of my cruises), they weren't sure which cruise should count for my 140th point. Now I have to wait until I get to 210 points for the block, which won't be for a while since I only have 186 now and no RC cruises in the near future.

Almost all the C&A stuff , rci stuff is on eBay for sale, including the pins, just keep visiting the site till you see what you want, even the crystall blocks show up. You can become an instant diamond or +.....:D

Just google royal Caribbean on eBay.

We have never received a pin for any level until this past Jan. when we were on the Allure and we received our Emerald pin!!

Same for us, got our Emerald pins on Allure. Had never known about them before that! They showed up in our cabin on about the 3rd day.

There is a lot of inconsistency about the pins, but the way it is supposed to work is like making the next level. On your next cruise your new pin "should" be waiting for you in your cabin. I guess I must have lucked out because this is how I and my daughter have gotten our pins (at different times). However, for the D+ pins, these are mailed out to you along with an ID card and 2 plastic D+ luggage tags. I have heard they have been backordered, but keep asking. I have also gotten all of my crystal blocks starting at 140 points. I look forward to getting another block on Mariner next month.

We are Emerald and never received any pins...period. We do have multiple pins from our old days with Princess even one from our Carnival days. Royal Caribbean pins would be nice, but I would rather have ships like the Oasis class and Freedom class than all the pins in China... and that's a lotta pins!

Hey maybe we will get an Emerald pin when we sail the Allure in June!

We are Emerald and never received any pins...period. We do have multiple pins from our old days with Princess even one from our Carnival days. Royal Caribbean pins would be nice, but I would rather have ships like the Oasis class and Freedom class than all the pins in China... and that's a lotta pins!

Hey maybe we will get an Emerald pin when we sail the Allure in June!

Talk to the Loyalty Ambassador on board Allure and mention that you never got your pins.

Emerald was the only status change where we've actually had them delivered to us in the cabin. It was on the first cruise after we turned Emerald, not the cruise that gained us enough points to become Emerald.

When we turned Gold and Platinum the pins were never delivered to us. We did go to the Loyalty Ambassador, though, to get each of them and they grabbed them out of a large stash they had in a closet.

Thanks for all your replies.

I guess the bet is 2:1 you don't get one :)

I am sure you will get a pin if you ask LA on your next cruise. We mentioned being Emerald and our pins with certificates turned up in our stateroom a couple of days later. They do make nice keepsakes.

Archived