More Bad News

gelo7

Mobile doesn't have regular cruise ships anymore, does it?

They likely don't have enough customs agents stationed there to process thousands of people at once. They'll have to bring more in.

Regardless, it seems bizarre that Carnival plans to bus all those passengers 2 hours to New Orleans instead of putting them up in Mobile. :confused:

Mobile Mayor Sam Jones questioned the plan to bus passengers to other cities late Wednesday, saying the city has more than enough hotel rooms to accommodate passengers and its two airports are near the cruise terminal.

“We raised the issue that it would be a lot easier to take a five-minute bus ride than a two-hour bus ride” to New Orleans, Jones said. Jones said Carnival employees will be staying in Mobile, adding he was not told of the company’s reasoning for putting passengers on extended bus rides after their experience at sea.

“I don’t know if the passengers even know that,” Jones said.

news story

Carnival is not going to allow anymore bad publicity. They even said on our news last night this cruise will effect the impact of the company.

Carnival is having extra security in the port to handle everything. The last thing they need is a boat full of passengers who had endured what they had to to be on that boat any longer.

Yes there will be news from all over the world. People will be anxious to tell their side . But I would imagine that Carnival is having them sign something in order to receive their compensation.

Note to CNN: The Carnival Triumph is not a yacht (as your anchor just called it). With the live chopper shots from CNN now all over the media world, I wonder if Carnival wishes they'd just taken the Triumph to Mexico and flown everyone home. ALso, with the headwinds and it taking so long to get to Mobile, did they check one the weather before they made the decision to go to Mobile instead of Progresso?

The media reports they are getting are horrible.

Just my oppinion, but everyone could come off the ship with nothing but glowing reports of how the situation has been handled, (and I'm not saying it has), and the press would turn it into a negative media circus. They are just salivating for a story like this all of the time.

Just my oppinion, but everyone could come off the ship with nothing but glowing reports of how the situation has been handled, (and I'm not saying it has), and the press would turn it into a negative media circus. They are just salivating for a story like this all of the time.

That is true. While the conditions are awful, many onboard have already stated the staff and crew have been amazing during the midst of it all.

Mobile doesn't have regular cruise ships anymore, does it?

They likely don't have enough customs agents stationed there to process thousands of people at once. They'll have to bring more in.

Regardless, it seems bizarre that Carnival plans to bus all those passengers 2 hours to New Orleans instead of putting them up in Mobile. :confused:

news story

Customs agents were taken out to sea this morning to board and have everyone through customs hours before they arrive in Mobile.

Those people will get off the ship immediately upon arrival.

Also read that Carnival cannibalized their Florida embarkation staffs and sent them ahead to Mobile, so they are already in place and ready to get these people off.

I'm sure the press trying to stop everyone for their stories will delay these poor people more than Customs, security or Carnival will.

Bill

Why can't everyone just quit kvetching and spinning conspiracy theories and await the arrival. Human nature I suppose.

Depending on various personality traits, we will hear both extremes and the truth will be somewhere in the middle.

To the passengers and crew, we are all anxiously awaiting your safe return and the end to this miserable experience.

What do you wanna bet customs will refuse to come clear the ship until morning, trapping all those poor people on board another night?

That is an interesting question concerning customs. If they did not port in Mexico do they still have to go through customs just because the ship left US waters?

That is an interesting question concerning customs. If they did not port in Mexico do they still have to go through customs just because the ship left US waters?

I thought they stopped in Cozumel, then the engine fire occurred on the voyage home.

Archived