Is it RCI or Cabin Steward that Thinks I'm Stupid

datone

Just got off an 11-day South Pacific cruise on Radiance of the Seas. There was one thing that really annoyed me and that was on the last couple of days of the cruise every time the cabin steward serviced our room he turned on our tv to the channel showing the departure video - 4 times in total. Don't know if it was RCI policy to do this or he decided to do it himself, but I'm not stupid - I got it the first time.

I would assume that they had been told to do that by their Supervisor, so thats what they would have to do. Its the same thing as when you walk into your stateroom for the first time and the TV is on Welcoming you aboard , then telling where and how you can find all the things they want you to buy:D

:D just turn it off after all it wasn't much effort...gosh enjoy your hoilday and don't let such silly things spoil it :D afterall there are more important things to reflect on! :)

yes -- I would suggest reflecting on the fact that is just an accident of birth (it's location) that you and your cabin steward have the life roles that you both have. have you seen those movies where people wake up and find that they have swapped bodies with someone else - I am sure your cabin steward would love to experience the conditions of your life. Would you like to be him/her??? :rolleyes:

Barry

I understand the need to have the video but I don't think it was about the disembarkation procedure itself. We had not pre-paid our tips and I'm sure he didn't want us to forget - he even went as far as moving the tip envelopes which were sitting part-way under some papers and a book on the desk to the top of the pile. Don't think he should have been looking through our things.

As soon as I boarded Voyager I went and changed my dinner reservation from set dining to My time dining so I had to pre-pay my gratuities which I did on the spot. Every day in my cabin, I received a form about signing up for these grats until I finally had had enough and spoke to the cabin steward. She then had to tell the hotel supervisor that I had already organised it. Finally (on day 10) they stopped coming :rolleyes:.

I understand the need to have the video but I don't think it was about the disembarkation procedure itself. We had not pre-paid our tips and I'm sure he didn't want us to forget - he even went as far as moving the tip envelopes which were sitting part-way under some papers and a book on the desk to the top of the pile. Don't think he should have been looking through our things.

Carnival USA do the same:) the TV shows a disembarkation proses on one of the channels but included is an announcement from the service crew with lots of happy smiling staff asking you to come back again soon as they will miss you lol with a very big hint to make sure you pay your gratuities:)

This was on channel from half way through the cruise just after the last shore tour information was no longer needed and steward had it playing every time the room was cleaned,we had already pre paid our Grats but knowing how many Americans I spoke to who were not going to pay Grats I can see why they put it on all the time.

I think its a great proses to give disembarkation info so early! I am glad RCI does the same! I cant believe how easy it was getting off the Splendor with that amount of people with no waiting around at all!

So if you were a cabin steward you wouldnt look through peoples things:confused: :D:D:D

Last cruise the Steward wrapped the towel animals in clothing that was packed away in drawers:D He even got my sunnies out of my backpack!

They are human they snoop,I am pretty sure they do a bit of a dress up at times as well:p

I think on a cruise it would be easy to simply turn the tv off.

I think the whole point here is not just "Oh turn it off again and forget about it" but the fact it was possibly put on everyday to remind OP the cruise was ending so here is the tip envelopes;););)

OP had already pre paid Gratuities and in this case staff should not be "actively" seeking an extra cash tip for their service.

Some people may feel they are being put into a situation of guilt if they dont tip some cash at the end.

He may of course just have been turning on TV under instruction to do so? but I doubt it:D

I think the whole point here is not just "Oh turn it off again and forget about it" but the fact it was possibly put on everyday to remind OP the cruise was ending so here is the tip envelopes;););)

:D

Lots of assumptions and attributions there. And there was no mention of envelopes anyway. Just wondering why it was taken personally (Does he think I'm stupid) when he would be doing exactly the same thing in every cabin he serviced.

Lots of assumptions and attributions there. And there was no mention of envelopes anyway. Just wondering why it was taken personally (Does he think I'm stupid) when he would be doing exactly the same thing in every cabin he serviced.

Did you not read post #6 from OP:confused:

Actually I didnt read it right anyway! OP "had not" pre paid tips so steward moved envelops into plain view.

The op wasn't concerned about the envelope as it was a once off thing (although op didn't like that their stuff was touched). It was the repetitive video that annoyed them.

We had mtd so pre paid but we still got the envelopes.

I think some passengers need the TV info on 24/7!:D

Some of the complaints I heard from passengers on our recent cruise were mostly due to their inability it seemed to read the information provided.

It appears some people board a ship with having done zero reading of even the cruise brochure, then complain when they weren't specifically told there were XYZ facilities on board.:rolleyes:

People lined up to check their account balance at the customer relations desk when they can see it on the TV anytime they like & complained about missing the ice show when it was plastered all through the cruise compass in their cabins & on the TV info channel.

It seems some people leave their brains at the dock on embarking! :D

So if you were a cabin steward you wouldnt look through peoples things:confused: :D:D:D

Last cruise the Steward wrapped the towel animals in clothing that was packed away in drawers:D He even got my sunnies out of my backpack!

They are human they snoop,I am pretty sure they do a bit of a dress up at times as well:p

Sorry den I am laughing so hard at this as I imagine a cabin steward in your lovely wife's clothes playing dress up.

Sorry den I am laughing so hard at this as I imagine a cabin steward in your lovely wife's clothes playing dress up.

Well let me tell you:) On our last Pac Sun cruise the Steward mentioned how much he liked Tracey,s shorts:confused: We hunted high and low for them when packing they were her favourites!Tracey will tell you to this day that he definitely took them:D:D:D (probably stretched them then had to hide them:D)

How was your cruise!

Den

The problem was just solved.

RCCL just made tips charged automaticly on your account.

Now you well only have to decide on any extra tips you wish to give for good service.

You think so lol.

when this was first reported from The UK and thought only for The UK I could hear the clapping of joy from those in The States all the way here in Australia! Hoorah for the Brittish stiffers being charged upfront Hoorah!

Now it is "FLEET WIDE" The whole world can here Americans crying about it:D:D:D

No No this is so wrong I pay cash only "But always over and above mind you" I will never cruise RCI again! Its my money I will tip cash only lol I dont eat in MDR why should I be forced to tip! lol

Archived