What accessory to you need on Seabourn to make your life easier?

Ceepot

Apologies if this has been covered before. I am a first time Seabourn cruiser and have the following questions.

Is there a hair dryer provided, and Ladies, is it any good?

Are there just US power sockets, and how many are there? (Thinking...camera, 2 phones, kindle etc)

I have to have my peppermint tea when I wake up. Will they let me have a small kettle, or will I have to order hot water(why does it always taste of last nights coffee when you order hot water on room service in a hotel?:p)

What other little things do you take with you to make life easier?

Many thanks :)

Ps I am getting EXCITED!!

.....Are there just US power sockets, and how many are there? (Thinking...camera, 2 phones, kindle etc)

What other little things do you take with you to make life easier?......

Whenever we are abroad we always pack a 'Power Board' and 1 Power Socket becomes 6!!

Yes there is a hairdryer and for me it is ok, not super powerful, but not too bad either, certainly not enough for me to consider taking my own.

I also love peppermint tea, but wait until breakfast usually, but you could order it from room service, I have never heard of anyone having a kettle in their suite, but no doubt someone else can answer that query.

There are an adequate number of plugs, but be sure to take an international converter plug with you to cover all possibilities.

The amenities are Moulton Brown,, but I always take my own body lotion because I find the one provided not enough and dries my skin, otherwise the other products are fine.

I hope this helps you and have a wonderful cruise, which ship are you going on and when?

The outlets, or should I say outlet as there is only 1, is european 220w. Yes there is a hair dryer provided but I still bring my own as I need turbo power.

I also bring my own espresso machine and coffee. The first time it was withheld with security until the hotel manager gave the ok after checking the safety of the machine (it's a Nespresso model without a hot plate). If you bring a kettle, check first on the safety features.

I always take binoculars.

In the Med I also take rubber swim shoes as the beaches and sea can be rocky.

I also place several dryer sheets in my luggage so that it doesn't smell musty.

Have a great time, my husband and I are taking the same cruise later on in the season.

We've always had a 100 outlet but I strongly second the suggestion of a power strip. If you have that, you don't need the converter/plugs.

Most ships are understandably highly fire conscious. You can call room service for coffe or tea 24/7.

Binoculars, a small umbrella that carries in your purse, a battery pen or larger light, reef shoes, a pad of paper for notes all are good ideas.

You also can ask for extras of any toiletry supplies but if you prefer a certain shampoo,etc you should take it.

Ditto on the rubber swim shoes if going in the water at beaches is your thing. If so, you might want to take one of those little plastic waterproof cases on a lanyard to protect your cash, credit cards, and room key. That way you do not leave valuables on a beach towel while swimming. A disposable waterproof camera is great for those champagne in the surf moments.:D

I always take a handful of "handy" lightsticks ~~when you retire for bed just break a couple and hang these in your bathroom ~excellent 'lit nightlights! Then toss ~

Also the Crew loves these as well ~for their Crew Bar/parties.:p I usually order 100 and take them as Crew "thank you's."

Martita B

You beat me to that one! We just almost close the bathroom door; doesn't stop us sleeping.

My favorite accessory is a smile and a relaxed attitude. It is amazing how much easier a trip,always fraught with uncertainty and challenges, is when you use those " accessories."

Ditto

After cruising solo for nearly 25 years, l now never embark without a husband.

The problem l now face is selecting which one.

They can be very usefull on long or back to back cruises and l rate them way up there with the butlers and free laundry.

We always pack a small travelling kettle - Mrs June does like her cups of tea!

It is much more convenient than having to order from room service.

And it gives me the opportunity to be a useful husband - putting the kettle on first thing in the morning, making English Breakfast tea and serving it at the bedside. We order a jug of milk every now and then from room sevice and keep it in the fridge.

Don't forget the tea-bags!

We always pack a small travelling kettle - Mrs June does like her cups of tea!

It is much more convenient than having to order from room service.

And it gives me the opportunity to be a useful husband - putting the kettle on first thing in the morning, making English Breakfast tea and serving it at the bedside. We order a jug of milk every now and then from room sevice and keep it in the fridge.

Don't forget the tea-bags!

You mean you don't rely on Lipton's Yellow Label teabags and a pot of not-that-far-above-tepid water? I don't even drink tea, but as a family we have to pack Yorkshire teabags wherever we go, although I think the problem getting just boiled water is just as critical, and does seem to be a particular problem in the US.

Soon after I board I visit with the Night Bell Captain or the Maitre 'D and place a standing order of coffee for 7 a.m. each morning. The waiter never rings the doorbell ~he just tip toes in and places the tray on the coffee table. Usually I'm up and waiting for my early morning coffee and a 'lit visit to hear all the Crew gossip!:p

Happy sailing ~

Martita B

Soon after I board I visit with the Night Bell Captain or the Maitre 'D and place a standing order of coffee for 7 a.m. each morning. The waiter never rings the doorbell ~he just tip toes in and places the tray on the coffee table. Usually I'm up and waiting for my early morning coffee and a 'lit visit to hear all the Crew gossip!:p

Happy sailing ~

Martita B

Now that is one of those stories that reminds me Seabourn 'gets it'. Moreover, they get it and train their staff to get it too.

rols

The waiters or the Night Bell Capt. are always very prompt and sweet in delivering my 7 a.m. coffee ~I love to have several vases of flowers in my "house" so I take corage pins and when they place the tray down I pin a fresh flower boutonniere on their jacket ~~every morning. Then we have our morning gossip visit ~~:D Seabourn spoils me and I spoil the Crews. They are my family!

MB

Jaffa,

Your comment reminds me of another way SB is so helpful. A few years ago my husband and I were cruising with two other couples.On the way to the port we all split up into two taxis -- he in one and I in another. When his had not arrived shortly after the one I was in I stood on the gangplank nervously waiting for him. After 25 minutes one of the crew members asked if they could do anything to help me. I said, "No, I'm just worried about my husband getting here." He replied, " Don't worry Mrs. S -- if doesn't make it we'll find you another one." I don't recall reading about SB's matchmaking services in their brochure.

rols

The waiters or the Night Bell Capt. are always very prompt and sweet in delivering my 7 a.m. coffee ~I love to have several vases of flowers in my "house" so I take corage pins and when they place the tray down I pin a fresh flower boutonniere on their jacket ~~every morning. Then we have our morning gossip visit ~~:D Seabourn spoils me and I spoil the Crews. They are my family!

MB

Martita, you just sound so lovely it is no wonder that they take good care of you, you obviously take good care of them.:)

Hope to meet you someday :)

Martita, you are the first one I thought of with news of the sale. I hope you are already booked on several trips. We only have one in our future on the Spirit so I may try to hurry and find another before they are all booked and then sold!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

One travel tip is to take a few (empty!) airsick bags with you, They are in the plane loos if not at your seat. I find that the concept of 'doggie bags' is relatively unknown in Europe and often, when in podt and dining, the portions are huge and left behind. You can take some of the leftovers back to the ship for snacking later on. Large 1qt sealable baggies work too. I often bring back cheeses, bread, and sometimes fruit. seems a shame to ait and often the concept of a small portion is lost on the wait staff.

One travel tip is to take a few (empty!) airsick bags with you, They are in the plane loos if not at your seat. I find that the concept of 'doggie bags' is relatively unknown in Europe and often, when in podt and dining, the portions are huge and left behind. You can take some of the leftovers back to the ship for snacking later on. Large 1qt sealable baggies work too. I often bring back cheeses, bread, and sometimes fruit. seems a shame to ait and often the concept of a small portion is lost on the wait staff.

Apologies, but I disagree with your tip.

1. I've never found the portions in European restaurants to be "huge."
  2. It's a bit insulting to the chef/restaurant staff when someone brings food on board - like bringing a sack lunch to a banquet.

If you need a snack between meals, call room service.

Archived