Coffee Card Good for Lattes?

gemz

Wondering if the 15 cup coffee cards are good for lattes onboard Ruby Princess.

Thank you!

I love my latte each day from the speciality coffee areas.They use the ground coffee instead of the yucky liquid stuff they use in the'Court and Dining Room'.

The coffee card is good for all specialty coffees in the IC. Regular brewed coffee and tea is served just showing the card. Special coffee drinks receive a punch on the card.

If there are any punches left on the card at the end of the cruise, you can use them on the next cruise. :D

I just signed up for a Princess cruise to Alaska, so can you tell me what a coffee card is? If I wanted a latte every day of a 7 day cruise, would it make sense to get a card or just pay individually?

From the Princess web site: Enjoy 15 espresso-based hot or cold specialty coffee drinks with complimentary brewed coffee and premium tea for the duration of your cruise. $31.

Unused specialty coffee punches can be used on a future Princess cruise. The free fresh brewed is only good on the voyage you purchased the card.

(Note: Yes, there is free coffee in the dining rooms, buffet and from room service. It is made from a type of coffee syrup and is not fresh brewed.)

I just signed up for a Princess cruise to Alaska, so can you tell me what a coffee card is? If I wanted a latte every day of a 7 day cruise, would it make sense to get a card or just pay individually?

If thats all you are ordering then don't get the card. ;)

A couple of days you could have 2 and still be ahead.

I love my latte each day from the speciality coffee areas.They use the ground coffee instead of the yucky liquid stuff they use in the'Court and Dining Room'.

My BF doesn't mind the yucky coffee because he drinks it with vanilla creamers. Do they have those or should I bring a couple of bottles so he is happy?

Also the tea that is available free onboard, do they have caffeine free herbal teas or can you only get those with the card?

If thats all you are ordering then don't get the card. ;)

A couple of days you could have 2 and still be ahead.

No. Mathematically it works out cheaper per drink to have the coffee card. And the punches are good forever. It's the soda card that you may be thinking of, which is voyage-limited and isn't a good deal unless someone drinks a bazillion (okay, more than three) Cokes a day.

No. Mathematically it works out cheaper per drink to have the coffee card. And the punches are good forever. It's the soda card that you may be thinking of, which is voyage-limited and isn't a good deal unless someone drinks a bazillion (okay, more than three) Cokes a day.

I have told you a bazillion times not to exaggerate!

At the International Café and some lounges:

Brewed coffee is $1.25/cup, most specialty coffees are $2.50-$2.75 for a regular size, espresso $1.75.

$33.35, including gratuity, buys a coffee card with fifteen punchouts for specialty coffees, and unlimited brewed coffee at the cafes and lounges that have brewed coffee. You can also use it in the dining rooms for specialty coffees. The server is directed to take two punch outs for double shot orders, some do, some don't.

Since the coffee card is for a discrete quantity it's not time limited. If there are punch outs remaining at the end of the cruise the card will carry over to the next cruise. The unlimited brewed coffee does not carry over.

If you are accustomed to good quality coffee, you definitely will want a coffee card. The vile concoction in the Horizon Court (buffet) is syrup based. Room service and dining room coffee are also syrup based. I must say the dining room coffee tastes a tad better. Maybe the kitchen staff cleans their machine.

Not that syrup-based coffee is always a bad thing. My hometown source, http://www.javacoffee.com/, informs me there are different grades for syrup coffee, just as with ground coffee. Regardless of grade, the taste of syrup based is always going to be somewhat inferior to an equivalent grade of ground. Based on flavor, Princess must use the lowest grade (cheapest) available.

You'll find brewed coffee from grounds at some lounges, and in the International Cafe. Not all ships have the Int'l Cafe. They do, however, have a Coffee Bar for regular and specialty coffees.

I am a little confused since I never cruised with Princess before. Where can I use the card for brewed coffee (not specialty drinks) and NOT get it punched? MDR?

Not in any dining room or restaurant.

On the ships with an International Cafe, it is at the bar next to it.

On other ships it is at the lobby bar.

On the Ocean and Pacific, it is at the Club Bar and at the bar at the buffet area.

Again, the brewed coffee without a punch is only for the voyage on which you purchase the card

Not in any dining room or restaurant.

On the ships with an International Cafe, it is at the bar next to it.

On other ships it is at the lobby bar.

On the Ocean and Pacific, it is at the Club Bar and at the bar at the buffet area.

Again, the brewed coffee without a punch is only for the voyage on which you purchase the card

Thank You. We are going to be on the Sapphire cruising Alaska in Spring.

We had frozen vanilla bean lattes on Ruby. Yummy. Not sure of other flavors. The only reason I knew of this one, was that a lady had one and it looked so good I asked her what it was. Went directly to IC and ordered it. Was last day so never tried another.

Archived