Cabin Upgrades at the Pier????

MsDolly

How would one go about trying to upgrading their cabin on the day of boarding? I imagine they either allow this to happen at the pier or offer them up pre-cruise with whatever criteria they have.

Does anyone know for sure?:confused::confused:

Bel

Princess does not do pier upgrades. Any available upgrades are randomly assigned by the computer to bookings indicating they will take an upgrade, and most occur well before sailing. Not all, but most. Upsells sometimes occur, but not often. Most upgrades just happen.

How would one go about trying to upgrading their cabin on the day of boarding? I imagine they either allow this to happen at the pier or offer them up pre-cruise with whatever criteria they have.

Does anyone know for sure?:confused::confused:

Here's the "for sure": Book the cabin you want.

The check-in people do not have access to the booking system or cabin availability so no upgrades at the pier. You can go to the Passenger Services Desk and on the very odd chance that there's a cabin available that you want to upgrade to, you will be charged the difference between what you paid for your cruise and the current fare for the new cabin.

If last-minute bargains are offered, they are a "Flash" sale and are for new bookings only. You would have to cancel, pay the cancellation penalty and rebook.

That's the definitive answer. :)

But what if I use my puppy eyes?

Thanks for the insight. I have booked he room I want, and I didn't say I was open to upgrades so I guess I'll stay put, although I do like the idea of using my "Puppy eyes"....lol;)

Bel

But what if I use my puppy eyes?

It would be fun to stand back and watch you try the puppy dog eyes.

These ships try to sail at 100% full and the last minute upgrade you seek is automatically a last minute downgrade for somebody else. And the net gain is ZERO for the cruise company to go to that hassle. Remember, the cabin fares cover only the basic costs. The profit is made on selling you all the little things like drinks and photos.

Archived