All Things Adventure of the Seas

We're on the 26th too

The refurb is actually scheduled on this cruise and the changes will be effective for the 2nd leg starting May 3rd

The main change is Giovanni's/Portofino

I'm sure they will do some carpets etc.

The dry dock will be later in the year to get rid of the in line track and put in a flowrider

They changed to Giovanni's during the dry dock in April 2014. Here's the dry dock thread. Midway down the page the person talks about eating at Giovanni's.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2018790&page=13

We have been in cabin 1690 which would be the same as 1390. Almost as large as a junior suite and the balcony is MUCH deeper than any others, being that is in the aft section of the ship. We loved it. We also love being in an aft cabin and watching the wake of the ship as we traveled. Only downsides; metal bar railings. And being able to see the balconies & crew smoking area below you.]

The crew smoking area is below this cabin?

How bad was the smell of smoke. This is a HUGE concern for me!

It also looks completely covered. I would assume you basically had zero sun on the balcony? This is not so much of a big deal but just curious.

Thank you for sharing pictures of this cabin. I have been searching for a while.

The crew smoking area is below this cabin?

How bad was the smell of smoke. This is a HUGE concern for me!

It also looks completely covered. I would assume you basically had zero sun on the balcony? This is not so much of a big deal but just curious.

Thank you for sharing pictures of this cabin. I have been searching for a while.

We never notice the smell or any noise. The aft section of the ship is slightly tiered, so each balcony can see a little bit of the balcony below and so on, including the crew's break area. Trust me when I say that the view of the wake of the ship will keep your attention. Still my favorite area of the ship. It is also under significant cover, as are all the balconies on Adventure as I recall. The ship has to be in just the right position to get sun on any of the balconies.

Is there a Ben and Jerry's menu with prices?

I have read that current bar menus do not have prices. I am interested in knowing the drink prices for beer (corona, heineken, bud), pina coladas/daiquiris, rum and cokes, and white russians. Also, is there the option to request for well rums and liquors to lower the prices?

I have read that current bar menus do not have prices. I am interested in knowing the drink prices for beer (corona, heineken, bud), pina coladas/daiquiris, rum and cokes, and white russians. Also, is there the option to request for well rums and liquors to lower the prices?

Yes, we use the word "house" to ask for the least expensive version of a drink. For example, a "house margarita" on the rocks was $5.50 at the pool bar. Asking for a "margarita" resulted in around a $9 cost.

If everyone would ask every bar server the price before they order, maybe the drink prices will be put back on the menus.

Yes, we use the word "house" to ask for the least expensive version of a drink. For example, a "house margarita" on the rocks was $5.50 at the pool bar. Asking for a "margarita" resulted in around a $9 cost.

If everyone would ask every bar server the price before they order, maybe the drink prices will be put back on the menus.

Thanks for the tip! I will use that.

Type in a search for 2015 drink prices Royal Caribbean.

Click on shipcruise.org for the prices. They list most drink prices. I'm not sure where they get the prices or if they're accurate.

Tom

Edited by tsconley19

My husband uses a CPAP machine. Does anyone know where the plugs are in the cabin? We will be in a promenade cabin. If there isn't a plug close enough do they have extension cords if you ask? The machine uses distilled water. My husband thinks the ship water is distilled. Does anyone know if it is?

My husband uses a CPAP machine. Does anyone know where the plugs are in the cabin? We will be in a promenade cabin. If there isn't a plug close enough do they have extension cords if you ask? The machine uses distilled water. My husband thinks the ship water is distilled. Does anyone know if it is?

Contact Special Needs at [noparse]special_needs@rccl.com[/noparse]. They will arrange an approved extension cord and distilled water.

Contact Special Needs at [noparse]special_needs@rccl.com[/noparse]. They will arrange an approved extension cord and distilled water.

You can send an email as Bob stated above or you can submit a request on the RCCL.com website. They will provide an extension cord and gallon of distilled water. In most instances those will be in the cabin waiting on you. If not there on arrival just remind your cabin attendant and he/she will obtain.

For those of you that have purchased the drink packages can you tell me when you go to a bar and order a beer for example a bud light do they give you a draft only? If, not do they always open them? I'm wondering if you can get a can/bottle unopened to bring back to your room?

Thanks for your help

Lol, the Ben and Jerrys ice cream was one of the selling points for taking Adventure!

I do have the sign with Ben and Jerrys prices in my Enchantment Review linked in my signature. I don't know that pricing is consistent across the whole fleet, but I've found it to be in the ball park of those prices on any cruise I've been on with a Ben and Jerrys. Since I'm a teatotaler, I can't help with drink prices, but I do wish they offered a 12 step meeting for my ice cream addiction! :o

For those of you that have purchased the drink packages can you tell me when you go to a bar and order a beer for example a bud light do they give you a draft only? If, not do they always open them? I'm wondering if you can get a can/bottle unopened to bring back to your room?

Thanks for your help

They do open the bottles.

On the LOS, we could ask them not to open it. We would order a beer and put it in the fridge. We would do this on our way back to our cabin. Then we always had a beer or two to enjoy on the balcony when we were getting ready for dinner!

I don't suppose anyone has a photo of the room service menu on AOS. We are considering having hors d'oeuvre for a group in our suite and I was curios what the offerings might be?

Same room service menu on all ships except Quantum, thanks to Linda:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=36762748&postcount=5

Edited by clarea

Same room service menu on all ships except Quantum, thanks to Linda:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=36762748&postcount=5

Thank you, it looks like we will have to speak with te consierge to coordinate/ purchase some hors d'oeuvre platters of some type? I assume they will be able to do that, we have done similar things on princess.

Thank you, it looks like we will have to speak with te consierge to coordinate/ purchase some hors d'oeuvre platters of some type? I assume they will be able to do that, we have done similar things on princess.

Yes, the Concierge can arrange that.

If we're having a couple of people for some wine, we've been able to order cheese plates from room service for no extra charge. However, if you want something more elaborate and/or have more people, then you should probably talk to the Concierge.

You can send an email as Bob stated above or you can submit a request on the RCCL.com website. They will provide an extension cord and gallon of distilled water. In most instances those will be in the cabin waiting on you. If not there on arrival just remind your cabin attendant and he/she will obtain.

Thank you both for the info. Very helpful. Makes me feel better to know ahead.

I heard that you get a 20% discount if you book Giovanni's the first night. Does anyone know if you can book it online before sailing or do you wait until you board?

You can book it on line in the "Cruise planner" area of the website one you have logged on to your cruise reservation.