All Things Adventure of the Seas

The Adventure deck 11 plan layout shows something called "ISLAND GRILL". It's shown right at the back of Windjammer. What exactly is that?

That's just the cook's station in the WJ where they make the eggs in the morning or things like stir fry or carving station at night

The Adventure deck 11 plan layout shows something called "ISLAND GRILL". It's shown right at the back of Windjammer. What exactly is that?

That's just the cook's station in the WJ where they make the eggs in the morning or things like stir fry or carving station at night

No, Island Grille is the back section of the Windjammer where they also have serving islands and seating. It is far more than just the "cooks' station". During dinner hours the food selection is different from the food selections in the front of the Windjammer. During breakfast you can get made to order eggs and omlets. During lunch the foods available in the front of the Windjammer and the back (Island Grille) tends to be the same.

Thing is they can't expand the ship, so these retrofits I think tend to be more of a shuffle/rebranding than anything. I believe the Allure is getting rid of one restaurant, to expand another, for example.

In the case of Adventure, they will get rid of the two story night club. In it's place will be staterooms on the lower deck and a restaurant on the upper deck.

In the case of Adventure, they will get rid of the two story night club. In it's place will be staterooms on the lower deck and a restaurant on the upper deck.

Do you know which restaurant they will put there? Is there a list somewhere of the enhancements for the 2016 drydock? Looks like it will take place in Oct/Nov 2016.

Do you know which restaurant they will put there? Is there a list somewhere of the enhancements for the 2016 drydock? Looks like it will take place in Oct/Nov 2016.

If like Voyager, it will be Giovanni's Table.

Is Giovani's better than Portifino?

We prefer Portofino but not because of quality of food. Both were very good in our opinion. For us, it was the amount of food. Giovani's is a family style dining so every one orders an appetizer, entree, and dessert. Giovani's was just way too much food.

I'm going on the AOS April 5, 25 days.Been on the Explorer twice but never on this one.Anything I need to know or tips for cruising on this ship? Much appreciated!!

Adventure is a virtual twin of Explorer. The only difference that comes to mind is Giovanni's vs Portofino.

Can anyone tell me if the new Grape & Grain package is (or is going to be) offered on Adventure?

Also, did all of the beverage packages go up in price in the last week or so? I'm booked in Canadian dollars and the packages all went up about $10 day. I don't know if this is because of our dollar exchange rate or because the US price went up.

Can anyone tell me if the new Grape & Grain package is (or is going to be) offered on Adventure?

Also, did all of the beverage packages go up in price in the last week or so? I'm booked in Canadian dollars and the packages all went up about $10 day. I don't know if this is because of our dollar exchange rate or because the US price went up.

US price of that packages has not gone up ... yet.

Can anyone tell me if you can still stand on the helipad? I saw a picture and it said winching only. Is that meant for the helicopters or for us too? I would sure miss my helipad... Thanks

Cindy

The helipad on Adventure is still open to all, as long as conditions are safe.

Hello!

We are currently booked for Jan 2016, but it looks like we are going to be pushing that back to Sept/Oct 2016 for our honeymoon! We are looking to do a back to back. Anyone have any tips or advice? We have been on one cruise before and absolutely loved it, so I don't think 14 days on the ship will be a problem, especially since we will be visiting 9 ports.