up & coming new 123 offer not available in UK AGAIN!

dab1952

To qualify for the 123go! Offer, the following requirements must be satisfied: Cruise must be booked Jan. 7-Feb. 18, 2013 (the "Offer Period") and must be a 3-night or longer cruise, excluding Celebrity Xpedition®, that departs between Feb. 2013 -----

-----Residents of the UK were excluded from the 123 offer. Only those who booked through a US agent could cancel/rebook at the same cabin price. They did lose any OBC etc but did not pay for the package. This was done by many on my forum who booked through. uS agent

There was also a UK offer on sailings out of Southampton & Harwich, booked after December 15th 2012, which was why Celebrity UK decided not to be part of the 123 go offer.

My sailing out of Harwich would have been covered by that, which was why the agent quoted me the figures which I stated in the previous post. I do think it is pot luck; some agents are clued up, others just say NO!

Oh yeah, I just had a conversation with my TA and yes, 123Go is available here in Finland :)

We had previously booked 7-night Southern Caribbean cruise on Summit and now with this promo we are definately changing it to 14-night b2b. :cool:

I just wonder if this offer is valid here in Finland, why not in UK?

To qualify for the 123go! Offer, the following requirements must be satisfied: Cruise must be booked Jan. 7-Feb. 18, 2013 (the "Offer Period") and must be a 3-night or longer cruise, excluding Celebrity Xpedition®, that departs between Feb. 2013 and April 2014. Offer excludes Feb. 2013 sailings booked on or after Jan. 28, 2013, and all Celebrity Xpedition sailings. Offer only available for Ocean View or higher staterooms and for cruises sold at a Fivestar or Group X price program rate and cannot be combined with any other offer, promotion or price program. Offer is applicable to new individual bookings and to staterooms in non-contracted group bookings which staterooms are named and fully deposited during the Extended Offer Period. Bookings that meet all of these requirements are "Qualifying Bookings." Qualifying Bookings for a European sailing may choose any two of the following options (all other Qualifying Bookings may choose any one of these options): Classic Beverage Package for Two, Free Gratuities, or Onboard Credit. Limit of one Offer per stateroom. You must notify Celebrity of the option(s) you chose by Jan. 27, 2013, for Feb. 2013 sailings, or by Feb. 18, 2013, for all other sailings. All guests in stateroom must select the same option. Residents of the United Kingdom are not eligible for this offer. - See more at: http://www.celebritycruises.com/

Residents of the UK were excluded from the 123 offer. Only those who booked through a US agent could cancel/rebook at the same cabin price. They did lose any OBC etc but did not pay for the package. This was done by many on my forum who booked through. uS agent

Obviously an incorrect choice of words since you state that only UK residents who book via UK are excluded. I would guess that a resident of any country that booked with UK Celebrity would be excluded.

This is the wording on the current offer on the US website:

"Prices/offers apply to residents of the U.S. and Canada only. Residents of any other country should contact their local Celebrity Cruises office or travel partner."

I expect it means the same as the previous offer, but it looks better written in this way. So residents of all other countries will have to check with their local Celebrity Office when booking and everyone except UK citizens will probably be included. It has been written above in this thread that it is available in Finland, and Australia. I am a resident in Spain, but already booked through UK as I wanted to travel air inclusive with my cruise partner from UK. I will have to check the situation with booking from Spain.

Accordng to this article in Travel Weekly RCCI has relaxed their rule about allowing TAs to discount

http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/Articles/2013/02/28/43305/royal+caribbean+takes+more+relaxed+stance+on+discounts.html

That is interesting, Jo-b. we have been pricing up our next RCI cruises and have found EVERY agent is quoting exactly the same price, so these agents have either not been informed of this or they like the fact that we essentially have no choice.

One agent told me on Thursday that the pricing policy makes it easier for them. You bet it does! It means they don't need to try very hard to sell cruises.

Another internet TA, said, when I asked them what incentives they were offering to persuade me to book with them, that they were open 7 days a week in case we had a problem!!!!

Archived