up & coming new 123 offer not available in UK AGAIN!

dab1952

We booked very early for our May cruise.

We will now be cruising with passengers paying far less for balcony, with obc and free drinks package which we don't get.:mad:

For the first time ever, we are not booking in advance for 2014. Totally fed up with the unfairness - and they have the cheek to say book early for the best deals??:confused::confused:

I will enjoy my cruise but this whole business leaves a bad taste and to do the offer again and not for UK passengers when they know what bad PR it was last times amazes me. It feels like they couldn't care less what we think --

Exactly...after what happened previously it is very surprising they are doing this again and shows a complete disregard for UK customers.

For the first time ever we are also not booked yet for this summer. We are going to take our chances and if nothing comes up go on a land based trip instead.

We booked very early for our May cruise.

We will now be cruising with passengers paying far less for balcony, with obc and free drinks package which we don't get.:mad:

For the first time ever, we are not booking in advance for 2014. Totally fed up with the unfairness - and they have the cheek to say book early for the best deals??:confused::confused:

This is exactly how we feel for our cruise later this year.:mad: many will not book in advance and this will necessitate cheaper prices for those who wait.

This is exactly how we feel for our cruise later this year.:mad: many will not book in advance and this will necessitate cheaper prices for those who wait.

We've already decided that we are going to Cyprus for our Summer 2014 holiday and after that will check out P&O / Princess and maybe go from Southampton for a change. If nothing comes up we also have Scicily penned in for a future holiday ! We love cruising but can live without it.

Inbetween we will enjoy the Silhouette - one thing they won't do is take away the excitement for my next cruise.

I still challenge someone from Celebrity to come on here and justify their policy / explain it to us ...................

We've already decided that we are going to Cyprus for our Summer 2014 holiday and after that will check out P&O / Princess and maybe go from Southampton for a change. If nothing comes up we also have Scicily penned in for a future holiday ! We love cruising but can live without it.

Inbetween we will enjoy the Silhouette - one thing they won't do is take away the excitement for my next cruise.

I still challenge someone from Celebrity to come on here and justify their policy / explain it to us ...................

Celebrity do not respond on other social networking sites, so don't hold your breathe for a response on here. All this does is to confirm to me how little they value and respect UK residents.

I am a Brit, presently living in the UK, but have lived in the USA for a number of years. You might say I am bi-partisan. I appreciate that some Brits continue to be upset at the apparent unfairness of Celebrity's policies. I also appreciate the comments from Brits who are being "realistic." Let me just add that the UK is so very small when compared to the USA, and so the number of our cruisers pales when compared with the number of Americans. Unfortunately, companies will often do more for its major market than for one that is smaller.

I am a Brit, presently living in the UK, but have lived in the USA for a number of years. You might say I am bi-partisan. I appreciate that some Brits continue to be upset at the apparent unfairness of Celebrity's policies. I also appreciate the comments from Brits who are being "realistic." Let me just add that the UK is so very small when compared to the USA, and so the number of our cruisers pales when compared with the number of Americans. Unfortunately, companies will often do more for its major market than for one that is smaller.

I am in absolute agreement with you here. Market forces will always dictate the actions that a company will take. I was quite happy to accept that the offer wasn't relevant to me until they contravened their own T&C.

I have purchased the on board credit after another poster said that you could get the credit at $1.62 to the pound. I will now make sure I spend that plus the $s I still have on having a fabulous time. None of this debate will actually spoil my cruise :)

I am in absolute agreement with you here. Market forces will always dictate the actions that a company will take. I was quite happy to accept that the offer wasn't relevant to me until they contravened their own T&C.

I have purchased the on board credit after another poster said that you could get the credit at $1.62 to the pound. I will now make sure I spend that plus the $s I still have on having a fabulous time. None of this debate will actually spoil my cruise :)

Good for you! Have a wonderful time!

Celebrity don't always strictly enforce the Ts & Cs. When the drinks included offer for sailings from Southampton was introduced, it also stated it was for new bookings only, but when I called Celebrity they said they were allowing passengers who already had reservations to switch to the new deal at current rates. However, I had early booking perks and my cabin category had increased by £800 pp, so it was not worth switching. In fact, even if I had been eligible for all three parts of 123 Go, it would not have been worth changing!;) In some cases, booking early does pay!:)

Maybe they don't want our business then? Princess might....:D

There have been many posts that have theorised that the UK is exempt due to British law. No one has been able to quote the legislation that prohibits Celebrity UK from making this offer to UK residents. I understand that different countries have different laws. I simply want a reference to the oft mentioned legislation. I am uncertain as to what influence this additional 'protection' has on the ability of Celebrity UK to make the offer to us.

When the offer came out originally UK residents were not excluded that bit was added later. If the posts on here are to be believed Celebrity did not abide by their own T&Cs. As I have posted before I do not begrudge anyone else their good fortune. Good luck to them. I don't believe that you will find a post that I have made where I have been derogatory about our cousins across the pond or anyone else for that matter.

The latest flyer does not exclude UK residents, but as someone has already posted they have been told that the offer will exclude UK residents once more. Will it stop me booking with Celebrity - no. I like their product. I enjoy their ships. I am not complaining I am making valid observations.

I concur with your comments. I, too, do not understand what difference it makes when you can book the same product on-line. What added protection would I get from booking the cruise only section of my vacation in the UK than booking it through the USA (using a CC and having adequate personal travel insurance)? I ask as I honestly don't know? Wouldn't I be able to claim either way under my travel insurance or CC provision provided I was covered for the situation :confused:? I'm not referring to air travel as that's a totally different ball game!

So, with regards to this new offer, even if we book using a US travel agent, will we still be eligible for the free package as we're not US residents? Previously I've not had to quote an American postal address when booking through a US TA, so would I qualify for the offer or not?

Accordng to this article in Travel Weekly RCCI has relaxed their rule about allowing TAs to discount

http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/Articles/2013/02/28/43305/royal+caribbean+takes+more+relaxed+stance+on+discounts.html

Interesting. Obviously UK travel agents are angry and must have seen a decline in bookings. There are amazing late offers out there. I have never seen prices so low and so many cruises available. Although Celebrity is our line of choice we also use Princess, Cunard and P&O - check out some of those Cunard deals!:eek:

Of course, you do need flexibility in time, not need a specific cabin and a little movement regarding ports of call but you will be cruising:D

No booking for 2014 for us - waiting and making late bookings.

What are the chances of bring back 10% discount on drinks package ??

I think it is about as likely as me marrying George Clooney :)

I have bought some of the onboard credit that works out at 1.62 dollars to the pound and unless the price drops on the drinks package then I won't be buying one. At nearly a thousand pounds it is too expensive and with the cruise being port intensive I am not sure that I will drink that much.

Pamela

For me the drinks package is less about the amount consumed but about making our holiday All Inclusive, and more importantly stress free. We have a very limited budget and need to know that there are no hidden extra's or the risk of a high bill at the end of a wonderful holiday!!

On this occasion it would make the difference between an inside and balcony for us.

I can see no exclusion on the flyer for UK, where did the information come from? I can't remember now!!

For me the drinks package is less about the amount consumed but about making our holiday All Inclusive, and more importantly stress free. We have a very limited budget and need to know that there are no hidden extra's or the risk of a high bill at the end of a wonderful holiday!!

On this occasion it would make the difference between an inside and balcony for us.

I can see no exclusion on the flyer for UK, where did the information come from? I can't remember now!!

I agree about the all inclusive and how it makes things stress free. We bought the Premium package for our cruise last year and I tried lots of cocktails that I might not have done if I had been paying per drink.

Someone posted a link to the flyer and I copied and pasted it to one of my previous posts and the exclusion of UK residents is not mentioned. However, that was the case on the original offer and then they added the exclusion for UK residents. I believe someone has contacted Celebrity UK and they have informed them that we will be excluded once more Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

This is a very emotive subject, because some posters think that by criticising Celebrity others are begrudging other nationalities the opportunity to avail themselves of what is a fantastic offer. Nothing could be further from the truth on my part. There have been many suppositions on why UK residents have been excluded yet Celebrity have not actually provided an explanation. I am still waiting for a response from Captains Club and I won't hold my breath for an answer.

If Celebrity change their mind I will be first in the queue to try to get the package. i will probably cave in at some point and use a woman's perogative to change her mind and buy the package on the ship just to have that 'peace of mind'

I agree about the all inclusive and how it makes things stress free. We bought the Premium package for our cruise last year and I tried lots of cocktails that I might not have done if I had been paying per drink.

Someone posted a link to the flyer and I copied and pasted it to one of my previous posts and the exclusion of UK residents is not mentioned. However, that was the case on the original offer and then they added the exclusion for UK residents. I believe someone has contacted Celebrity UK and they have informed them that we will be excluded once more Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

This is a very emotive subject, because some posters think that by criticising Celebrity others are begrudging other nationalities the opportunity to avail themselves of what is a fantastic offer. Nothing could be further from the truth on my part. There have been many suppositions on why UK residents have been excluded yet Celebrity have not actually provided an explanation. I am still waiting for a response from Captains Club and I won't hold my breath for an answer.

If Celebrity change their mind I will be first in the queue to try to get the package. i will probably cave in at some point and use a woman's perogative to change her mind and buy the package on the ship just to have that 'peace of mind'

Perhaps it has nothing to do with one's nationalities or Corporate Celebrity and is something unique to UK Celebrity.

I wonder if everyone that would book with UK Celebrity would be excluded or if it onlytrueif you book with UK Celebrity and are also a UK resident.

Perhaps it has nothing to do with one's nationalities or Corporate Celebrity and is something unique to UK Celebrity.

I wonder if everyone that would book with UK Celebrity would be excluded or if it onlytrueif you book with UK Celebrity and are also a UK resident.

My understanding is that we are not excluded, but we would have to pay today's rate, which was + £650 in mid Feb( I originally booked June 2012)

I enquired about our TA in October, thinking that it would be sensible, as there are so many sea days.

I was told ( mid -Feb 2013) I could cancel and re book the same cabin, but it would mean loosing our early booking bonus of £200 p.p. + our OBC of $150, so that would mean that a difference of £900+p.p, which would actually be more than the cost of the package.

At the advice of the agent ( at Celebrity UK) I would be better leave the booking as it is & pre - ordering the package on line.

My understanding is that we are not excluded, but we would have to pay today's rate, which was + £650 in mid Feb( I originally booked June 2012)

I enquired about our TA in October, thinking that it would be sensible, as there are so many sea days.

I was told ( mid -Feb 2013) I could cancel and re book the same cabin, but it would mean loosing our early booking bonus of £200 p.p. + our OBC of $150, so that would mean that a difference of £900+p.p, which would actually be more than the cost of the package.

At the advice of the agent ( at Celebrity UK) I would be better leave the booking as it is & pre - ordering the package on line.

To qualify for the 123go! Offer, the following requirements must be satisfied: Cruise must be booked Jan. 7-Feb. 18, 2013 (the "Offer Period") and must be a 3-night or longer cruise, excluding Celebrity Xpedition®, that departs between Feb. 2013 and April 2014. Offer excludes Feb. 2013 sailings booked on or after Jan. 28, 2013, and all Celebrity Xpedition sailings. Offer only available for Ocean View or higher staterooms and for cruises sold at a Fivestar or Group X price program rate and cannot be combined with any other offer, promotion or price program. Offer is applicable to new individual bookings and to staterooms in non-contracted group bookings which staterooms are named and fully deposited during the Extended Offer Period. Bookings that meet all of these requirements are "Qualifying Bookings." Qualifying Bookings for a European sailing may choose any two of the following options (all other Qualifying Bookings may choose any one of these options): Classic Beverage Package for Two, Free Gratuities, or Onboard Credit. Limit of one Offer per stateroom. You must notify Celebrity of the option(s) you chose by Jan. 27, 2013, for Feb. 2013 sailings, or by Feb. 18, 2013, for all other sailings. All guests in stateroom must select the same option. Residents of the United Kingdom are not eligible for this offer. - See more at: http://www.celebritycruises.com/

Residents of the UK were excluded from the 123 offer. Only those who booked through a US agent could cancel/rebook at the same cabin price. They did lose any OBC etc but did not pay for the package. This was done by many on my forum who booked through. uS agent

Archived