Celebrity Captain's Club Survey

richsea

I received an email today inviting me to take a survey regarding the Captain' s Club benefits. Some of the points they covered were how I feel about the present way CC levels are reached vs. having them depend upon dollars spent. They also wanted to know what benefits we think are most important to us, & the drink voucher vs. CC lounge system they were also interested in knowing how important the CC is in our deciding what cruise line to book, what other loyalty programs we belong to, & how we think they compare to the CC.

I thought it was a very interesting survey,with good questions asked, however there was no mention of possible additional levels to theCaptain's Club. They did ask what additional perks would we would like to see included.

Souns like something is in the wind!

I received the sruvey also. The survey allowed you to insert comments in a couple of sections of the survey. I noted that it would be nice to see real reductions in cruises, depending on what level one is. In addtition I noted the inequality of some being able to get to elite level after only a few short cruises, compared to someone like my husband and I who have taken much longer cruises. Anyway, it was an interesting survey, and as was noted by OP there was no question about adding another level or anything like that.

I received the sruvey also. The survey allowed you to insert comments in a couple of sections of the survey. I noted that it would be nice to see real reductions in cruises, depending on what level one is. In addtition I noted the inequality of some being able to get to elite level after only a few short cruises, compared to someone like my husband and I who have taken much longer cruises. Anyway, it was an interesting survey, and as was noted by OP there was no question about adding another level or anything like that.

I believe you can receive more credits if you take longer cruises. Did you not?

three 4 day cruises in CC class gets you 6 point where as one 12 day cruise in CC class gets you only 3. Half the amount of points yet you are paying substantially more money for the longer cruise.

The point system needs to be revised to distinguish a short cruise from the 7 day or longer ones. Price is only one factor but they could easily start by limiting the amount of points given for short cruises ...why not 1/2 point or one point for two 5 day or less cruises below CC class and 1 point for CC and above.

I actually paid just $10 more per person for my 14 night Reflection cruise in October than my upcoming seven night cruise to Bermuda in May. Both were in CC cabins. The Reflection cruise price dropped four times from the time we booked it for a total drop of $2000 for the two of us. Price is so ever changing that it would be difficult to base the allocation of loyalty points on it.

three 4 day cruises in CC class gets you 6 point where as one 12 day cruise in CC class gets you only 3. Half the amount of points yet you are paying substantially more money for the longer cruise.

The point system needs to be revised to distinguish a short cruise from the 7 day or longer ones. Price is only one factor but they could easily start by limiting the amount of points given for short cruises ...why not 1/2 point or one point for two 5 day or less cruises below CC class and 1 point for CC and above.[/quot

There is a word going about that in future the points will be day based, with a small points addition for a balcony, then more points for a suite. Also possibly with the addition two levels above Elite - The RCL way? - But I know nothing - Only guessing!

The point system needs to be revised to distinguish a short cruise from the 7 day or longer ones. Price is only one factor but they could easily start by limiting the amount of points given for short cruises ...why not 1/2 point or one point for two 5 day or less cruises below CC class and 1 point for CC and above.[/quot

There is a word going about that in future the points will be day based, with a small points addition for a balcony, then more points for a suite. Also possibly with the addition two levels above Elite - The RCL way? - But I know nothing - Only guessing!

I'm also hearing of 2 new CC levels but nothing else about where they are being slotted in... I'm guessing above Elite and quite rightly so.

I just finished taking the survey this morning. From the specific questions that were asked, it was apparent that X is making an effort to modify the CC program by seeking input from their customers regarding the present perks that they value most, or would like to see added. One of my suggestions was to add a higher tier level above Elite. Don't think calling it Snob Plus would have much of an appeal though. ;)

I haven't received the survey, but I've posted my suggestions many times and will not repeat them here. The skeptic in me says that they've already made a decision and are just placing themselves in a position where they can say that the decision was based on a customer survey

Actually the 2 5 day cruises priced together I just took in FEB cost substantially more than the 14 day one we took in NOV. C1 on one cruise, C2 on the other

I'm also hearing of 2 new CC levels but nothing else about where they are being slotted in... I'm guessing above Elite and quite rightly so.

Where is it you folks are hearing "this word"? Somebody here on CC posting their opinion on what they would like to see? Or actually someone in Celebrity that would actually know?

I just finished taking the survey this morning. From the specific questions that were asked, it was apparent that X is making an effort to modify the CC program by seeking input from their customers regarding the present perks that they value most, or would like to see added. One of my suggestions was to add a higher tier level above Elite. Don't think calling it Snob Plus would have much of an appeal though. ;)

Thats what I thought also when I answered the survey.I believed they will change the CC program very soon and another tier level above Elite is very likely.

I like the idea of the points being day based - it rewards frequent cruisers and is not based on how much spent.

I'm also hearing of 2 new CC levels but nothing else about where they are being slotted in... I'm guessing above Elite

Where is it you folks are hearing "this word"? Somebody here on CC posting their opinion

And I second that "opinion"... ;) must be an echo onboard somewhere..

Or actually someone in Celebrity that would actually know?
At a sales presentation in Dec. Michael Bayley mentioned something will happen in the 3rd quarter... but gave absolutely no details.

At a sales presentation in Dec. Michael Bayley mentioned something will happen in the 3rd quarter... but gave absolutely no details.

Is that the third quarter of Celebrity's fiscal year or the third quarter of calendar 2013?

Bayley told us here on CC way back in October that changes were in the works. Here it is 5 months later and still no announcement.

Interesting that they are finally sending out surveys. No one in my family received one (we each have over 140 credits):)

The hign level shipboard staff have been leaking change info for months....

We just got back - we took a 5 night, but more because I am so sick of the other ports than anything else. One thing we did learn though is that Celebrity totally lost track of our ealier cruises. It was unusual that they gave us credit for the RCL cruise (we only cruised with them once) in 1997, but totally skipped the 1996 Century and 1998 Galaxy. I wasn't going to make an issue out of it seeing as we became Elite anyway after this cruise, but maybe I will now.

The one useless perk, which they ended up giving us because we knew that they left things off, was the breakfast in Ocean Liners. The only thing worse than that was the breakfast the last day at Michael's, which I wouldn't even call breakfast. On HAL, if you cruise in a suite, you get a full breakfast at their specialty restaurant, and their lounge has a great continental breakfast - so much better than what Celebrity is offering.

I can see them asking about other perks though. I thought the best was the discount on internet. A few items from the laundry is not bad either. As far as the pre-boarding went, that was kind of useless, they only had 1 person handling the Captain's Club, so it took a long time.

For the record, the survey link takes you to http://kumar.futuremr.com who it seems is doing the "survey"

Here's the first page.... I went no further

Welcome to the CRUISE survey! Thank you for agreeing to take this survey about your opinions and experience with Celebrity Cruises and its Captain’s Club loyalty program. Your honest responses are very important to us, so please pay close attention to every question. Remember, there are no wrong answers to any of our questions.

Please be aware that after you have entered a response and have chosen to move forward to the next question, you will not be able to return to the previous page of the survey.

Please review each question and your responses carefully before proceeding.

Please click the continue button to begin.

Interesting that they are finally sending out surveys. No one in my family received one (we each have over 140 credits):)

They know that once you're hooked there is no reason to ask why you keep on coming back. It's the people who are not addicted to Celebrity yet that need that extra push into "Celebrity Obsession".

I think that we were skipped for the same reason. :p

They know that once you're hooked there is no reason to ask why you keep on coming back. It's the people who are not addicted to Celebrity yet that need that extra push into "Celebrity Obsession".

I think that we were skipped for the same reason. :p

Well, we're Elite and we got one... so not sure about your "hooked" theory. :confused:

Regarding speculation as to why some received the survey and others did not (we did not), research results value the "random sample" making it likely that the surveys might hit multiple demographics to provide varied points of view.

We are leaving for our first cruise with elite perks later this month...I have to smile that just as we reach the top tier, the "top" will likely shift. Ah, well...we are fortunate to be able to cruise, the rest is just icing on the cake!

Archived