Luggage Tags

Is it true, as an RCL diamond member, I can not order luggage tags for my up coming cruise? If so it might be the straw that broke the camel's back!

After 10 years of RCL cruising, and trying to understand all the changes RCL has made, for the cost of 4 mailed luggage tags, I plan to use another cruise line! I hope to have 20 more years of cruising...no longer with RCL!! The cost of 4 luggage tags!!!! Great idea RCL!!

Dean

Is it true, as an RCL diamond member, I can not order luggage tags for my up coming cruise? If so it might be the straw that broke the camel's back!

After 10 years of RCL cruising, and trying to understand all the changes RCL has made, for the cost of 4 mailed luggage tags, I plan to use another cruise line! I hope to have 20 more years of cruising...no longer with RCL!! The cost of 4 luggage tags!!!! Great idea RCL!!

Dean

True. Unless you are in a full suite, or are Pinnacle level, or pay $35 for paper documents, you no longer get mailed luggage tags.

Really ? You have cruised for long enough to become diamond but having to print your luggage tags would make you cruise another line :confused:

Still that said i dont know what happened before as you said it was the straw that broke the camels back so i won't jump to conclusions :)

I'm not a fan of printing the luggage tags...it was so nice to have them delivered in the mail.

That being said, Royal is not the only cruise line doing this. When I sailed Princess it was the same. I haven't sailed NCL for awhile so I can't say if they do or not, but I am guessing they don't. I have heard the same for Carnival.

I know some of the "higher" class lines are still printing the luggage tags, but I'm not sure I would expect that to last for too long either.

I don't think I would make a choice to stop cruising a specific line because of luggage tags, especially if I had made it to the more elite ranks. But that is me...

Dean

I'm with you Dean. You would think when you're spending anywhere from $2k to $5K for a cruise, they could work the cost of a few luggage tags into the price. It won't stop me cruising with them but it's a pretty cheap move.

I was a bit surprised by this too....but it's not a deal breaker for me. I just ordered from cruise critic the laminated sleeves to put those self printed luggage tags in ... they attach to your luggage just like any luggage tag. They were inexpensive, are re-usable, and they were delivered in less than a week. All is good!

It takes less than a minute to get them from the porter at the pier.
So true.

Celebrity mails luggage tags to passengers before a cruise, but since they are provided at the pier we see no need to bother with bringing luggage tags along from home.

I wonder if any of the people who complain about not getting cruise luggage tags mailed to them before a cruise also complain about not getting airline luggage tags mailed to them before a flight. :D

I have done this several times and it is easy peasy!

I was a bit surprised by this too....but it's not a deal breaker for me. I just ordered from cruise critic the laminated sleeves to put those self printed luggage tags in ... they attach to your luggage just like any luggage tag. They were inexpensive, are re-usable, and they were delivered in less than a week. All is good!

I have these and used them my last cruise. Again no problem.

The irony is that because I fly in a day early for a cruise I never put the cruise luggage tags on until I am leaving the hotel for the pier in the morning. The easiest thing is probably to wait until I get to the pier and have a porter do it.

The only downside of not receiving luggage tags in the mail is not being able to do the document dance.

Is it true, as an RCL diamond member... ...I plan to use another cruise line! I hope to have 20 more years of cruising...no longer with RCL!!

I'm sure you are just blowing off steam at this point, and understandably so. But you are DIAMOND - and you would give that up? OK. :rolleyes:

The writer must be Joking correct?

He is just kidding!

Why would anyone after reaching Diamond will go someplace else just because luggage tags?

Anyway it will be Rude awakening once he figures out that almost no other cruise line in the same category as royal Are currently printing them anymore!

Maybe there is a new market opportunity here!

Someone can offer the label printing for small fee and mail them to people that cannot be bothered by either printing or waiting 2 minutes at pier for porter to place labels!

I think to some extent all of the cruise lines are doing this. Last year, we sailed Holland America and Celebrity cruises; the luggage tags had to be printed - and this was while you could still get luggage tags from Royal.

So perhaps Royal is one of the last lines to do so?

Royal was one of the last mainstream lines to eliminate the mailed luggage tags - Either print them or get them at the pier. I really don't get all the whining about this.

But then this is the RCI forum and this group sure doesn't like change:D

It is amusing to see people proclain that they are leaving a cruisline over minor stuff like the elimination of printed and mailed luggage tags. :confused: Notice these folks do not complain about cruise prices remaining relatively stable over the years. :eek: To maintain price levels without comprimising revenue cuts are inevitable. If you want the same luxury cruise experience of years gone by, it is out there for two times the price or more. Oh you don't want to pay extra? Gee what a surprise! :rolleyes:

Dean

So, you won't be cruising anymore at least on the following 3?

Can't switch to Carnival, Princess, NCL

I'm a mere Emerald.

Please promise me that when I get to Diamond I won't lose sight of the really important things..... and that the trivial will pass me by.

I doc dance when the edocs arrive..... I love printing off my own tags and playing with the folds and then popping them in my own holder.

I have no idea what it would take for me to abandon a cruise line but it would have to be something really really bad.

Agreed. I've shown up at the pier without luggage tags, and it was not an issue at all. A porter looked at our SetSail pass, tagged our bags appropriately, and off we went to the check-in line.

Archived