Suite sizes and categories

jonj

Looking at the westerdam and the Neptune suites. There is a big difference on the room size. Description says 500-712 sq ft. Which category is which size? Is the price difference only based on location?

Thanks

This is from HAL's site

2 lower beds convertible to 1 king-size bed, bathroom with dual sink vanity, full-size whirlpool bath, shower and additional shower stall, large sitting area, dressing room, private verandah, 1 sofa bed for 2 persons, floor-to-ceiling windows. Approximately 500–712 sq. ft. including verandah.

As far as I know all the Nep. suits are the same size, def. in price is where they are. bill

All the "SA" cabins are the same size but not the same as all of the "SB" and "SC". The "SB" and "SC" suites vary in shape and size of both the cabin and the verandah.

We book "SA".

We do not care for aft cabins though some have very large verandahs.

We like to be near Neptune Lounge which is approx mid-ship. We don't want to be forward in "SB". The "SA" cabin is very much to our liking. :)

I do, however, understand those who love the large wraparound "SC" veranda cabins. There are those folks who love them but we are not among them. :o

Looking at the westerdam and the Neptune suites. There is a big difference on the room size. Description says 500-712 sq ft. Which category is which size? Is the price difference only based on location?

Thanks

These sizes are NOT INCLUDING the Verandah/Balconys, just the Interior of the staterooms themselves.

Deck 4 SC 4180 & SC 4185 - 324 sq. ft. (Aft Wraparound)

Deck 5 SC 5190 & SC 5191 - 365 sq. ft. (Aft Wraparound)

Deck 6 SC 6164 & SC 6175 - 311 sq. ft. (Aft HC Stateroom)

Deck 6 SC 6166 & SC 6177 - 311 sq. ft. (Aft Wraparound)

Deck 6 SB 6084 SB 6086 & SB 6088 - 393 sq. ft. (Midship Port Side)

Deck 6 SB 6093 SB 6095 & SB 6097 - 393 sq. ft. (Midship Starboard Side)

Deck 7 SA 7047 & SA 7053 - 391 sq. ft. (Midship Starboard Side)

Deck 7 SA 7048 & SA 7086 - 391 sq. ft. (Midship Port Side)

Deck 7 SA 7057 & SA 7091 - 391 sq. ft. (Midship Starboard Side)

Deck 7 SB 7088 & SB 7093 - 270 sq. ft. (Bend of Ship)

Deck 7 SB 7142 & SB 7151 - 315 sq. ft. (Aft Wraparound)

Deck 8 SB 8140 & SB 8147 - 300 sq. ft. (Aft Wraparound)

The difference between the 500-712 is the location of the stateroom. The Aft Wrap Around Staterooms have larger verandahs than the SA's. The SA, SB and SC's are all Neptune Suites.

Joanie

Thanks

Are the rooms at the back larger or the same size but a larger balcony? Basically looking at SB or SC

jonj, the difference in the room sizes (500-712 square feet) is mostly created by the balcony sizes.

Below are two photos of the stern part of SC-5191's 400+ square foot balcony on the Zuiderdam.

Some of us happily live with a five-minute walk to the Neptune Lounge

so we can have these huge wrap-around balconies.:):)

BALCONY3.jpg

BALCONY2.jpg

Our balconies on the aft Neptune Suites have held more than 25 visitors for our sail-away parties. I would say that they are at least two to three times as large as an SA balcony. They also include more furniture, to include loungers.

We had an aft SC on the 4th deck and loved it. The room is definitely smaller than the pictures for the Neptune suite. It is closer in size to the Signature Suite photos, but does still have the separate dressing area. I loved the room.

It is 248 steps, using the stairs, to get to the Neptune Lounge. A minute or two walk.

The size of the sofa in the SC is smaller than the SA which may account for the lower occupancy rating. I have found the SC cabins to be smaller than the SA ones I walk by on my way to the Neptune. I only prefer the SC because of their wonderful balconies. I spend more time on the balcony that in the room. Personal preference... so depending on what is more important to you i.e. inside space or outside space will help you make the best decision in which category to book.

jonj, the difference in the room sizes (500-712 square feet) is mostly created by the balcony sizes.

Below are two photos of the stern part of SC-5191's 400+ square foot balcony on the Zuiderdam.

Some of us happily live with a five-minute walk to the Neptune Lounge

so we can have these huge wrap-around balconies.:):)

These pictures pretty much tell the whole story.

The size of the sofa in the SC is smaller than the SA which may account for the lower occupancy rating. I have found the SC cabins to be smaller than the SA ones I walk by on my way to the Neptune. I only prefer the SC because of their wonderful balconies. I spend more time on the balcony that in the room. Personal preference... so depending on what is more important to you i.e. inside space or outside space will help you make the best decision in which category to book.

very astute post IMO - DH likes the verandah but doesn't spend a lot of time there so inside space is important to him. He also doesn't like noise so we opt for SA - they aren't necessarily better - just more inside space which is important for DH:D It's all about what you want:D and what is important for YOU:D

We have put on hold SC deck 5 room 5190 with the larger balcony on hold

Thanks everyone for the information

Where are you going?

That stateroom is absolutely fantastic for Alaska:) It is alsso great for anywhere you go, but you can invite all your fellow family and friends to join you on the verandah during Sail Aways, Glacier viewing and so much more, even when the weather outside is pouring down upon everyone else:)

Glad that you have booked Neptune Suite SC (Soon to be Neptune Suite SB 5190!!

I think you will be happy:)

Joanie

Archived