Next Cruise Cert

I'm sure this has been asked before but I'm not feeling very "searchey" this morning! :o I am sailing on the Rhapsody in June. I plan on purchasing a NC certificate while on board. Can I apply that certificate for a cruise that I already have booked for 2014?

Thank you! :)

No you can not. You could cancel and re-book using the NextCruise but prices may have changed since you booked it and you could lose your cabin

Oh poop....that's what I was afraid of....:(

Thanks for the quick reply....:)

If prices have not changed then your fine and you won't loose your cabin. You just call Royal and have them cancel and rebook with the certificate right there. I have done it several times without a problem. Key is that the price has not gone up because if it has the OBC may not be worth paying more for the cabin.

BonVoyage

Dawna

If prices have not changed then your fine and you won't loose your cabin. You just call Royal and have them cancel and rebook with the certificate right there. I have done it several times without a problem. Key is that the price has not gone up because if it has the OBC may not be worth paying more for the cabin.

BonVoyage

Dawna

It's definitely worth a try. Thanks!

Also check port fees and taxes before you cancel. Sometimes the amounts change. I have a 5 night booked for Bermuda and the fees went up from $105 to $160 since I originally made my booking. That is a $55pp difference.

If that doesn't work out for you, just a reminder that as of now, those cruise certificates don't have any expiration date, so you're under no pressure to hurry and find another cruise to book within a certain time frame.

Enjoy your cruise!

Just curious..If we want to be able to book 2 rooms for a future cruise in 2015, will I need to buy 2 certificates or just 1 per booking?

Under the old program, you would have just have needed to purchase one certificate and then use the attached Friends & Family Certificate.

Under what we understand of the new program (effective March 16, 2013) you would need to purchase 2 Open Bookings because they no longer offer the F&F Certificates.

Under the old program, you would have just have needed to purchase one certificate and then use the attached Friends & Family Certificate.

Under what we understand of the new program (effective March 16, 2013) you would need to purchase 2 Open Bookings because they no longer offer the F&F Certificates.

I see on my travel docs for our May cruise it has listed The Friends & Family discount..Will they not honor that I guess if it has just recently changed..

Thx for the feedback.. :)

Archived