Carnival Stock Sinks Again!

yogimax

CCL now down 74 cents today.

In comparison, RCL is only down 11 cents.

The same disparity was true yesterday as RCL performed much better than CCL.

Many on these boards are CCL shareholders, including myself. We should be up in arms and screaming at the Carnival "Beards" who have cut back so much on everything from entertainment to food.

If they have also cut back on maintenance and training, shame on them! It's about time, Carnival owners (that's the shareholders) demanded better (and an independent investigation)

End of rant!

Oh baloney.

Nobody is losing more money on CCL stock than Uncle Mickey.

Baloney back at ya!

Thousands on these boards own Carnival stock.

"Uncle Mickey" can afford to lose $$$

For many here, that is not the case.

Then it shouldn't be in the stock market, period.

Precisely!

Unfortunately, many bought Carnival stock simply because of the OBC. When I read threads like...

"How do I buy Carnival stock?" I cringed and warned against buying without having any knowledge of the stock market. Yet, I was flamed for daring to state the obvious.

Nevertheless, the simple fact is that thousands of CC members own Carnival stock and are being betrayed by the "Beards" who are still getting their massive salaries and pensions while the owners (stockholders) will suffer because of their mismanagement!

Baloney back at ya!

Thousands on these boards own Carnival stock.

"Uncle Mickey" can afford to lose $$$

For many here, that is not the case.

Uncle Mickey was also criticized for paying himself an enormous bonus. He didn't do that, either. It was a special dividend all shareholders received.

Nobody likes to lose $$$. Uncle Mickey's money is where his mouth is, and could potentially lose far more than the plebeians. People whine when he makes money and people whine when he loses. Those people probably shouldn't be in the stock market.

Uncle Mickey was also criticized for paying himself an enormous bonus. He didn't do that, either. It was a special dividend all shareholders received.

Hogwash!

Micky Arison is worth 5.7 BILLION DOLLARS.

You praise him for not taking a bonus?

Does someone who is worth 5.7 BILLION DOLLARS NEED A BONUS???

Micky was a dropout at Miami University. He was given his $$$$$ on a silver platter and now cares NOTHING for the little guy (and gal).

Let him take some of his BILLIONS and invest it in SAFETY for his ships and PLEASE STOP THE NONSENSE DEFENDING A MULTI BILLIONAIRE WHEN HIS SHIPS ARE FAILING!

$0.75 or 2% is not sinking. When I was doing my tax the other day and checking the transactions about the 600 Yahoo shares I sold last year for $15.xx/share, I found I bought them back to 2000, for $150/share! That's sinking.

Precisely!

Unfortunately, many bought Carnival stock simply because of the OBC. When I read threads like...

"How do I buy Carnival stock?" I cringed and warned against buying without having any knowledge of the stock market. Yet, I was flamed for daring to state the obvious.

Nevertheless, the simple fact is that thousands of CC members own Carnival stock and are being betrayed by the "Beards" who are still getting their massive salaries and pensions while the owners (stockholders) will suffer because of their mismanagement!

Maybe they got lessons from 'uncle sam' - it's the way they work!!!

hogwash!

Micky arison is worth 5.7 billion dollars.

You praise him for not taking a bonus?

Does someone who is worth 5.7 billion dollars need a bonus???

Micky was a dropout at miami university. He was given his $$$$$ on a silver platter and now cares nothing for the little guy (and gal).

Let him take some of his billions and invest it in safety for his ships and please stop the nonsense defending a multi billionaire when his ships are failing!

oh my lord!!!

Please list any/all corporations that do not fall into this description with special emphasis on banks and brokerage houses.

Owning stock is for 'heads up' people. Buying stock for ancillary benefits adds a level of risk that most do not understand.

Still, it is an open market, anyone can get in. Ignorance of the workings of the market is no reason to moan if your investment loses value.

Precisely!

I bought for the OBC, and am now over 500 dollars ahead in stock value, plus 175.00 in dividends plus over 1000.00 in obc

I hope the "beards" continue to "betray" and make me suffer !!!:rolleyes:

If you want to send me a sympathy card, I will furnish my address. Please toss in a few pennies if your heart is in the right place.:p

Yep. It is a gamble. And this is where some politicians want to invest our retirement? Shame on them.

Nice!

You have succeeded in your attempt to divert the discussion from Carnival and Arison to the politicians.

And shame on you!

MICKY ARISON IS WORTH 5.7 BILLION DOLLARS.

You praised him for not taking a "Bonus."

Why haven't you responded to this instead of trying to blame "politicians?"

Actually, no one has lost any money until they sell the stock. Until then, the loss is only theoretical. It could very well go back up.

Good Point! While I don't buy stock in things that "fly" or "float", I do like to follow CCL.

The 52 week low was 30.44 ... high 39.95. At 35.22 (about where it is now) it's still midway between.

Maybe those who bought in 2010 at 49 aren't so happy. Probably those who bought at 2008 at 15 are still quite pleased.

Whatever, you haven't actually lost or made money until you sell it.

LuLu

~~~~

Nice!

You have succeeded in your attempt to divert the discussion from Carnival and Arison to the politicians.

And shame on you!

MICKY ARISON IS WORTH 5.7 BILLION DOLLARS.

You praised him for not taking a "Bonus."

Why haven't you responded to this instead of trying to blame "politicians?"

I did NOT praise him for not taking a "Bonus". There was no bonus to take.

You are sounding increasingly envious of Mr Arison's wealth. :rolleyes: Envy is a sin. Shame on you.

CCL now down 74 cents today.

In comparison, RCL is only down 11 cents.

The same disparity was true yesterday as RCL performed much better than CCL.

Many on these boards are CCL shareholders, including myself. We should be up in arms and screaming at the Carnival "Beards" who have cut back so much on everything from entertainment to food.

If they have also cut back on maintenance and training, shame on them! It's about time, Carnival owners (that's the shareholders) demanded better (and an independent investigation)

End of rant!

Theres a little bit of irony here....

CCL pays out dividends. Its entirely possible that some of the money supposed to go to maintenance has gone out as dividends to make the shareholders happy.

Its your classic corporate short term thinking.

I did NOT praise him for not taking a "Bonus". There was no bonus to take.

You are sounding increasingly envious of Mr Arison's wealth. :rolleyes: Envy is a sin. Shame on you.

Ha! You are sounding more and more like Colonel Klink rather than Sargent Schultz!:rolleyes:

And, I admit I was wrong. Uh, can you do that? I doubt it!

Arison is worth at least 5.9 BILLION DOLLARS NOT 5.7 BILLION DOLLARS.

So why did you bother to make the point that he didn't receive a bonus?

Bottom line is simple... Carnival is now the "Disaster if the Seas"

Carnival cares little for its passengers...

Carnival is only propped up only by its executives ("Beards and JH") and cheerleaders...

Sad, sad indeed!

You sound really jealous...if it's that important to you then don't sail Carnival to line the pockets you so hate. I for one have no problem with him being worth that kind of money. So I don't make as much as he does, that applies to a lot of people. But I still like the value of the Carnival product and therefore will continue to book my cruises with the company.

Archived