New 2013 inclusive beverage program details

Bill Leiber

I have also been to the Cruise Show, which was much smaller than the one I attended a couple of years ago. I wasn't expecting much but it happened to be on my route to Greenwich. I didn't see the talk referred to by English Tim but did ask the Azamara expert (apparently he has just returned from an Azamara cruise therefore knew more than others on the stand).

Interestingly he used the term "all inclusive" several times, as did the staff member on the desk, when I enquired about available included drinks.

I was shown their one and only written list which appeared to largely co-incide with Bill's list but they could not give me a copy .

I was particularly interested in whether any of the 'included' wines could be requested even if it was not specifically that days offering, during a meal or more importantly from the bar. I was told "yes".

I also asked about the cost and variety of wines in their wine package but they insisted they had not yet received this information from Miami despite requesting it specifically for this Show. I was told that they had had a large number of enquiries specifically on the "inclusive" topic but were unable to answer with their limited information.

For beer drinkers the list I saw did mention one draught beer as well as the three bottled ones but no idea what it is.

I am delighted that regular cocktails are included and the list I saw certainly satisfies me but then we are not spirit drinkers.

The last thing the Rep said was they hadn't even had confirmation regarding whether the inclusive product would be available on its Far East cruises in 2014

Which rather surprised me!

Thanks to Mrs Miggins and English Tim for the info/update.

Noooooo, not another change!

Bill are you there?

Does 'Far East' include from Mumbai cruises please?

Yvonne:eek:

Mrs Miggins, only the early birds got to hear the talk, as it was first up at 10.45!

I'm not surprised the main question was what does all inclusive mean!

I think it very sad, that the subject is dominating enquiries on what, otherwise, seems to be an excellent experience.

I have also been to the Cruise Show, which was much smaller than the one I attended a couple of years ago. I wasn't expecting much but it happened to be on my route to Greenwich. I didn't see the talk referred to by English Tim but did ask the Azamara expert (apparently he has just returned from an Azamara cruise therefore knew more than others on the stand).

Interestingly he used the term "all inclusive" several times, as did the staff member on the desk, when I enquired about available included drinks.

I was shown their one and only written list which appeared to largely co-incide with Bill's list but they could not give me a copy .

I was particularly interested in whether any of the 'included' wines could be requested even if it was not specifically that days offering, during a meal or more importantly from the bar. I was told "yes".

I also asked about the cost and variety of wines in their wine package but they insisted they had not yet received this information from Miami despite requesting it specifically for this Show. I was told that they had had a large number of enquiries specifically on the "inclusive" topic but were unable to answer with their limited information.

For beer drinkers the list I saw did mention one draught beer as well as the three bottled ones but no idea what it is.

I am delighted that regular cocktails are included and the list I saw certainly satisfies me but then we are not spirit drinkers.

The last thing the Rep said was they hadn't even had confirmation regarding whether the inclusive product would be available on its Far East cruises in 2014

Which rather surprised me!

English Tim and Mrs Miggins,

Thanks for posting re the cruise show.

I believe the cruise that doesn't include the Azamazing Evening is the November transatlantic from Europe to the U.S.

I thought the enhancements were part of the deal from now on, but from what Mrs Miggins has been told this may not be the case.

Bill, would you be able to clarify please?

[quote=Mrs Miggins;37692523For beer drinkers the list I saw did mention one draught beer as well as the three bottled ones but no idea what it is.

I believe the list Bill posted showed Beck's in both bottle and on tap. So I don't believe this is a new beer offering.:(

The list I saw didn't specify which draught beer it just said " one draught beer" but of course Bill's list did specify Becks so I assume that is right. I am not a beer drinker so I was just hoping that it might be something more palatable for those who are unhappy about the bottled beers specified.

Nevertheless I am confident our cruise will be great and we will forget all these minor niggles.

Pam

Hi Tim,

That I know of, there's 1 sailing where an AzAmazing evening is not offered, so the *every sailing* comment (at this point) is inaccurate. Whether Azamara will resolve this, is unknown. With all due respect, Azamara should find a way to add an event to the sailing that currently does not offer it. I find it hard to imagine there isn't an easy solution for this.

Should Azamara not be able to offer an AzAmazing evening, and that's their final word, they should arrange a special party/event onboard the ship. I realize it doesnt completely resolve the issue, but it would certainly be a welcome gesture.

Yes, it's the November 13 Quest trans-Atlantic that has no so-called Azamazing Evening, and we were not told this when we booked it on-board Quest.

You are absolutely correct, Andy, that Azamara should do something special for passengers to make up for this oversight. Welland suggested this to Bill Leiber here on Cruise Critic, who then passed the suggestion to Azamara management. But, in their recently typical tone-deaf style, they said "no deal." The only overnight on this cruise is in Bermuda and apparently there's no venue there for an appropriate special evening. We all can understand this--but why weren't we told, and why wasn't it prominently displayed on the Azamara web site? I suspect the White Night party will be held that night in Bermuda, as they're usually held on an overnight or late night in port.

But, on our Quest trans-Atlantic this past December, the only overnight or late night was the night before disembarkation in Rio, not exactly the best night for a White Night party. So the captain, hotel director, and cruise director put their heads together and found a way to hold the White Night while Quest was at sea. The captain slowed the ship so the party could be held on the pool deck, and it was a real success. Passengers who wanted to samba or whatever on their overnight in Rio were able to do so without missing the White Night.

It's not clear to me why something similar couldn't be done on this year's November 13 trans-Atlantic. Plan a special "Bermuda Moonlight" party on the pool deck the evening of the overnight, bring on-board some typical Bermuda entertainment, and have the White Night on an earlier evening while the ship is at sea. How much could this cost? How much good will would it generate with passengers who otherwise will wonder where their Azamazing Evening went? How shortsighted to simply do nothing?

Edited by marinaro44

It's not clear to me why something similar couldn't be done on this year's November 13 trans-Atlantic. Plan a special "Bermuda Moonlight" party on the pool deck the evening of the overnight, bring on-board some typical Bermuda entertainment, and have the White Night on an earlier evening while the ship is at sea. How much could this cost? How much good will would it generate with passengers who otherwise will wonder where their Azamazing Evening went? How shortsighted to simply do nothing?

Hi Marinaro44,

Here's a suggestion : I'm willing to bet that if guests mention it when boarding Quest, perhaps it will get the attention of Senior officers, and they will try to make something happen. We're all well aware of how Azamara's incredible Officers & Crew are eager to please !

In the meantime, let's *hope* that Bill & Azamara's Management team might revisit this, and see if any other options are possible. There's still plenty of time. Though I'm not on your sailing, I totally understand your frustration, and hope it has a favorable outcome !

Edited by Host Andy

Had decided not to get involved in this thread until now, but I just asked my wife to read Bill Lieber's statement, and comment on it. Her response - "ridiculous!. Anything that is so long and complicated as this will not be understood by the staff, and will confuse and upset the patrons".

My wife likes to drink a cosmo before dinner. Will she have to ask for a glass of cranberry juice, a shot of triple sec and a shot of vodka, as well as to borrow a cocktail shaker...?

Maybe they should have only published a list of what is not included. It would certainly be much shorter.

Hi Marinaro44,

Here's a suggestion : I'm willing to bet that if guests mention it when boarding Quest, perhaps it will get the attention of Senior officers, and they will try to make something happen. We're all well aware of how Azamara's incredible Officers & Crew are eager to please !

That's exactly what I was planning to do, Andy. It might depend on which set of senior officers is on board in November. Ryszard and Russ would figure something out with Captain Carl. I don't know Philip, so can't say anything with accuracy there. The rotation through July makes it look like Ryszard, Tony, and Captain Carl will be on board in November, but it might not work out that way.

I am surprised that Pellegrino and Perrier are no longer free. It seems they are forgetting those of us who do not like wine or other spirits. We seem to have to pay for our Nepresso and water!!!

Is the tap water on board undrinkable??

Dear Sue a gin drinker !

Azamara treats you like an adult, there are no restrictions as to what you can take aboard, so if the list does not appeal, stop by the duty free en route. Otherwise, if you want to drink with others rather than on your balcony, follow the less T and more G route

A

Thanks, Ann. What good advice!

We'll probably have some of our duty free Bombay Sapphire left after our few days in Venice prior to the cruise so we'll drink that on the balcony and then have a more G, less T at the bar!

Cheers,

Sue

Might bring some Campari with us too!

I cannot believe how irate some people have become and the nonsense being spouted!

The Azamara experience is what we all enjoy and the welcome and staff etc - if you are all so worked up about a particular drink not being available etc - then take it on board - it really is so petty and unworthy.

I cannot believe how irate some people have become and the nonsense being spouted!

The Azamara experience is what we all enjoy and the welcome and staff etc - if you are all so worked up about a particular drink not being available etc - then take it on board - it really is so petty and unworthy.

Maybe it is to you, as you have experienced the Azamara product, but due to the recent aggressive marketing campaign by UK TA's, Azamara now have lots of new clients, who don't have the benefit of your experience and may well have booked, expecting an all inclusive product, as promised.

I understand your point that the policy seems to be inequitable. Perhaps the "powers that be" think that people who don't drink alcohol or who drink only a little and yet sign up for a mostly inclusive cruise are really not bothered about such perks and are on the cruise for very different reasons. Let's face it--inclusive cruises will always be "inequitable." My husband tends to be a one glass of wine per day drinker and so, on the surface, he is supporting others who like to drink a heck of a lot more. I may drink a couple of glasses. That inequity does not bother us at all. We choose to be on such a cruise and it is not a problem for us.

Indeed, I think I will be asking Royal to give me some money back on my family cruise next year as I do not use the flowrider, or go to the shows, or watch the outdoor cinema, or go to the aquatics show, yet they have included all that in the price I pay. Scandalous!

Whilst I think the reaction to the drinks that are included has been a bit over the top, I do feel we should make a protest at the beers which are poor. Where is a Guinness or a Bitter for us Brits? Where is a decent lager as opposed to the **** water offered?

Who'll join me at the beeracades???

We are happy with the drink package Azamara is offerening also feel the price list for Ala carte drinks if we want a premium brand is resonable.

Dale, I am afraid to say there is no place on here for such a reasoned attitude. Consider this a yellow card, one more outburst of sensibility like that and you're off! :rolleyes:

Yesterday I met up with someone I often talk about cruises with. Unknown to me, because I have rabbited on so much about Azamara, they are about to sail with them (they are experienced cruisers elsewhere). In trepidation, I thought I would test their understanding of all inclusive (we are UK based) so saying nothing, I sent them the drinks list Bill posted here

I have just received a note from them that they think the list is great, covers the brands they wanted and indeed it is longer than they were anticipating.

Just thought I would post that perspective, not to diminish the strength of feeling by others, but just to say it looks like not all new UK cruisers are looking for full all inclusive

Maybe it is to you, as you have experienced the Azamara product, but due to the recent aggressive marketing campaign by UK TA's, Azamara now have lots of new clients, who don't have the benefit of your experience and may well have booked, expecting an all inclusive product, as promised.

You are absolutely right Tim. .

We don't need to be reminded how very "lucky" we are even to be going on vacation, we appreciate and celebrate everything life has given us, but we have worked very hard for our pennies and as a customer, we ought to expect to receive what we have been promised. I don't think that is being grumpy or petty - it's the way selling/buying works!

If you purchased an HD TV, you wouldn't be very pleased to receive a TV that didn't have HD and you also wouldn't appreciate being told that you are lucky to have a TV at all!!!! You would expect to receive what you were sold and what you paid for.

Rant over! We are really looking forward to our first experience of Azamara and I am sure it will be wonderful with or without the refreshments!

I also hope they offer a better quality Tonic water that the 'Club' brand offered by Celebrity. Lets keep in mind a G&T is 75% tonic water, so a quality Tonic would be great.

My question is based around the 19 wines, are there only two (plus rose) available each day? if so surely that does not bode well for food matching.

If there is a wine that is served on day two for example ( which floats your boat) can you re-request the same wine on the follow days?

I thought they would offer closely what is offered with the Celebrity Classic package which includes various wines (such as a Pino Grigio daily) as well as Baileys (I like it in my hot chocolate), and better bottled water, since their sister company has tested these extensively. But it sounds like this is not the case.

This is what is in the Celebrity package so when the list comes out it will be interesting to see how it differs.

But as part of RCCL they have access to all of these brands.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/planAndBook/tabLanding.do?pagename=onboard_beverage_packages#onboard_beverage_packages_premium_classic_tab/onboard/asrPanel.do%3Fpagename=onboard_beverage_packages_premium_classic

"Beverage Package Selections

Celebrity Cruises proudly partners with following brands to offer you, our guests, greater pleasure and value. Package selections include, but are not limited to the following brands:

Coke, Diet Coke, Fanta Orange, Coke Zero, Sprite, Diet Sprite, Barqs, Aqualina, Coffee, Tea, Cranberry, Pineapple, Tomato, Apple, Grapefruit, Coors Light, Becks, Heineken, Amstel Light, Corona, Heineken Light, Franziskaner, Dos Equis, Red Stripe, Samuel Adams, Leffe, O'Doul's Non-Alcoholic, Johnny Walker Red, Dewars White Label, J & B, Cutty Sark, Canadian Club, Seagram's VO, Seagram's 7, Jameson, Jim Beam, Jack Daniel's Courvoisier VS, Carlos 1, Metaxa 5 Star Classic, Hennessy VS, Beefeaters, Tanqueray, Absolut, Smirnoff, Stolichnaya, Three Olives, Bacardi, Malibu, Captain Morgan Original Spiced, Jose Cuervo, Disaronno Amaretto, Bailey's Irish Cream, Frangelico, Drambuie, Sambuca, Kahlua, Bolini, St. Francis, J & H Selbach, Southern Right, Paul Jaboulet, Jean Luc Colombo, Beringer, Heron's Nest, Tenuta de Nozzole, Rutherford Ranch, Marques de la Concordia."

Edited by Jade13

Dale, I am afraid to say there is no place on here for such a reasoned attitude. Consider this a yellow card, one more outburst of sensibility like that and you're off! :rolleyes:

To funny I will try and not get a red card I promise

Will you impose a red for "simulation" if I personally pretend to be astounded that not all drinks aboard, including "premium", are covered by "inclusive" or "all inclusive"?

Good morning Laraine,

Having read your latest and previous posts I get that you love Oceania. You are absolutely right their food is excellent and they rightly attract 'foodies'

But I believe that you have not yet sailed with Azamara although I think you may have future bookings with the line.

If I am correct I am not sure that you are able to express an opinion about the quality of food or anything else if you have not experienced it.

It may be after your Azamara sailings you may decide that Oceania suits you better or you may not..................

Whatever you decide I hope your Azamara cruises are as wonderful as mine have always been.

My partner and I have sailed on both Regent And Silver Sea and have to admit that our Best dinner we have had at sea was on Azamara Quest in Prime C, The best! JMO

Shouldn't you be Blaiming the UK TA's and Not Azamara for the Wrong Information that is being said? ie, All Inclusive Product?

Shouldn't you be Blaiming the UK TA's and Not Azamara for the Wrong Information that is being said? ie, All Inclusive Product?

As this has been advertised as 'All Inclusive' for the past 4 months in the UK, I think it highly unlikely that Azamara have not known that it was being advertised as such. If they didn't know, it is just one more example of the vast difference in quality between the on board experience and the shoreside management.