Splendor is almost "home"

Cyber Kat

Gold Pearl Dining is almost impossible to get to on decks 3 & 4 from front/mid ship. Use the all cabin decks (1, 2, 6 & 7) to cut across the ship in a straight line and that is the easiest way to get to the Gold Pearl dining room (5 works, but is crowded).. take hallways all the way to the back, then elevators or stairs to Gold Pearl on decks 3 & 4.

I am book for Jan 20, 2014 on Splendor. I am on deck 2 forward so it is good to know I can get aft quickly by doing the straight line dash. Sometime you just want to avoid the crowds on deck 5.

I am book for Jan 20, 2014 on Splendor. I am on deck 2 forward so it is good to know I can get aft quickly by doing the straight line dash. Sometime you just want to avoid the crowds on deck 5.

We are also aft on deck 2, 5/17/13 sailing. We have atd & are hoping it is still in black pearl dining room so we should be able to climb the atrium stairs 1 deck up to the entrance. Also looking foward to having a martini before dinner n the Atrium lobby bar!

I WISH I could be on your roll call ;)....I'm on the 6/2 roll call :(...I came very close to cancelling & re-booking the 6/10...but I would have to give up my aft wrap, and that's not happening lol. ~Sigh~

I wouldn't give up my aft wrap either! Are you by any chance in 6485?

Cripes, the more I read your emails the more it seems like we are twins seperated at birth! :eek: Ditto NY sailaway.

LOL - I don't know about twins, but we're close to being neighbors. I sent you a friend contact thing, but I don't know how it works on here. You can also find me here - http://facebook.com/Cyberkat1

Now don't everyone go sending me friend requests :D

Been to Bermuda 7X on both land vacations and cruise vacations. It is a beautiful little island. NOT your typical Caribbean island! Just a word of warning: friends of ours went on an RCI ship April, 2011 and last April also and their only complaint was it was chilly in Bermuda. Just a heads up on what to pack. Course, weather is a crap shoot, but just to let you know what they experienced. :cool:

Bermuda has about the same weather as the Carolinas. It's chilly and often rainy from November until May. We usually go in July - then it's hot, but there is always a breeze. I have been 2x on a cruise and I lost count of how many times land vacation. We stay in a cottage on the south shore.

Bermuda has about the same weather as the Carolinas. It's chilly and often rainy from November until May. We usually go in July - then it's hot, but there is always a breeze. I have been 2x on a cruise and I lost count of how many times land vacation. We stay in a cottage on the south shore.

We stayed at Elbow Beach Surf Club. Cruised there on Horizon and Zenith and Empress of the Seas and they could dock at Hamilton and go thru that little entry way into St. Georges. I know now the ships have to dock at Kings Wharf. We also rented scooters and spent a few nice afternoons at Swizzle Inn-the ORIGINAL one! :D

We stayed at Elbow Beach Surf Club. Cruised there on Horizon and Zenith and Empress of the Seas and they could dock at Hamilton and go thru that little entry way into St. Georges. I know now the ships have to dock at Kings Wharf. We also rented scooters and spent a few nice afternoons at Swizzle Inn-the ORIGINAL one! :D

We are right down the road a bit from Elbow Beach - right before the roundabout that will take you into Hamilton. There is a road the bus turns down before the roundabout - the road that goes to "our" cottage is right there.

Went to Bermuda on the Olympic - way back when. First vacation I paid for and we docked in Hamilton. Also went on Voyager of the Seas and we docked in Kings Wharf. LOVE the Swizzle Inn, Bailey's Bay - careful on those scooters when you Stagger Out!

Splendor is going to Bermuda - I know we have one on that cruise. Any others?

So is the Splendor out of NY going to have the same staff as the Miracle or the same staff as the Splendor on the west coast?

Also anyone cruise out of NY in April? I'm leaving April 23. I'm not expecting to swim the first day, but maybe the second? I have 3 kids (9, 6 and 4) that want to swim! Are the pools heated?

I wouldn't give up my aft wrap either! Are you by any chance in 6485?

Kath, no I'm on 8 starboard side. BTW, one of my cruisemates from the 3/6 Miracle is on your sailing...a fabulous gal, Maria...CC name is Elationismyship. ;)

So is the Splendor out of NY going to have the same staff as the Miracle or the same staff as the Splendor on the west coast?

Also anyone cruise out of NY in April? I'm leaving April 23. I'm not expecting to swim the first day, but maybe the second? I have 3 kids (9, 6 and 4) that want to swim! Are the pools heated?

I just got off the Miracle last Saturday & most of the crew is staying with the Miracle. But CD Malcolm Burn, who used to be with the Miracle until last September, will be joining the Splendor. He's a NY guy. :D.

And I've cruised out of NY countless times in April, and by the 2nd day it's a definite possibility to swim. The pools, however, are not heated.

And I've cruised out of NY countless times in April, and by the 2nd day it's a definite possibility to swim. The pools, however, are not heated.

Oh great to know! Thanks! So what does packing look like for April? Mostly shorts? Pants for night time? I'm afraid of getting cold. Our itinerary is Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay & Nassau. Thanks ;)

We talked to a lot of the crew when we sailed on the Miracle last month and they were staying on the ship. They were very excited to be doing the Alaska itinerary. They all felt it was going to be a lifetime experience! We cruised out of NY on 2/10, 2 days after "Nemo." :eek:It was definitely too cold the lst 2 and last 2 days, but they have the retractable roof over the pool (on the Miracle, but I know it's on the Splendor also) so it wasn't too bad. Mid February to end of April is going to be a big difference in weather, tho!

Oh great to know! Thanks! So what does packing look like for April? Mostly shorts? Pants for night time? I'm afraid of getting cold. Our itinerary is Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay & Nassau. Thanks ;)

Yes alot of shorts, capris, sundresses...but bring at least 1 pr of slacks or jeans & at least 1 sweater or shawl. Have a great cruise!

Yes alot of shorts, capris, sundresses...but bring at least 1 pr of slacks or jeans & at least 1 sweater or shawl. Have a great cruise!

I would add to bring a "rain slicker" just in case and throw in a sweatshirt/jacket too. I always find the decks in the morning and night chilly when at sea. That wind can get thru to your bones! I remember one time we went on a summer cruise to Canada. Left our house (we are about 20 minutes to the terminal in Manhattan) in 100* weather in the shade with humidity so bad we were sweating just putting the luggage in the car. Soon as we got past the VN Bridge and picked up some speed it was freezing on the decks! :eek: Course, there is always the robes in the cabins to keep you warm! :p

I remember one time we went on a summer cruise to Canada. Left our house (we are about 20 minutes to the terminal in Manhattan) in 100* weather in the shade with humidity so bad we were sweating just putting the luggage in the car. Soon as we got past the VN Bridge and picked up some speed it was freezing on the decks! :eek: Course, there is always the robes in the cabins to keep you warm! :p

LOL - we did Canada in June and we had brought some warm stuff with us but not enough. First day out you couldn't get in the clothes shop. Everyone on the ship was looking for sweatshirts. They sold out. My sister and I were lucky to get long sleeved t-shirts.

;). For our 3/6 cruise she was the "organizer extraordinaire" of 2 slot pulls & 1 (70-person!!) Poker Cabin Crawl. :).

She's been telling us about this. She's not having too much luck with the Cabin Crawl thing, but we've had some new people join recently, so we'll see what happens. Sounds like fun.

Archived