Splendor is almost "home"

Cyber Kat

Yes it has the out door movie screen, coverd pool if Nec. I have been watching her for the last month, Can't wait till 6 am to turn on the river cam and watch her come into the Harbor.

leaving on Aug 13th 8 day,, Aft wrap can't wait!, so nice to have a New Carnival ship out of NY loved the Miricle but how many times to do the same ship and I don't go North...

Never mind half of those reviews, Us NYer's will have the staff jumping! they will LOVE us to death! and treat us like gold!

Sorry you lost me at the swiss.

Mustard goes on it as every NYer will tell you. Than on the side a nice sour pickle.icon7.gif

So you wouldn't like a nice Reuben? A little corned beef, a little melted Swiss, some sauerkraut? ;)

Definitely mustard and a pickle.

I had a boss who would always ask us to bring him back a sandwich when we went out to lunch. We would ask what he wanted and he would always answer "Surprise me!" One day we put the bag on his desk and he asked what it was. We told him corned beef on white bread with mayo. You should have seen the look of horror on his face!

We will be heading to Bermuda in April on the Splendor! So excited...will post a review!!:):):) Looks like there is only one cruise to Bermuda for the Splendor!

LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! Bermuda! Have you been there before? It's the most beautiful place I've ever been.

Yes...deck 9 and 10 have outter walkways from fore to aft. Splendor does NOT have a mongolian wok.....burritto yes....sushi.....yes...taste of Nations...I do not recall seeing. Fish and Chips no....Rotisserie...yes.

Thanks! I saw the Mongolian Wok on the deck plans but then I heard about the Burrito bar and it sounded like it had replaced the MW. Did they have any Asian station? I loved the Spring Rolls and cellophane noodles.

Would have liked Fish and Chips but the Rotisserie sounds good too.

I'm making myself hungry and I've already eaten dinner!

Thanks everyone!

Thanks! Do you know if they are doing Sushi at the Sushi bar or are they doing the Taste Bar thing? I've heard conflicting reports.

Also I've heard they have a Burrito bar. Where is it and did it replace the Mongolian Wok? I want both! ;)

I think the Splendor has both. I found these pictures on a review:

555771_4188248632427_780032928_n.jpg

382245_4188245432347_849578479_n.jpg

Maggie

So excited to be going on the splendor. Dislike the spirit class layout and both of my cruise on the Miracle went very poorly. Hoping the splendor will be a better experience since it has the conquest layout I like. :-D 8 days, can't wait!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Had coffee WAY too late tonight and simply can't sleep. Been watching the Splendor bridge cam as she heads into NYC.

Also doing more research on the ship trying to get a feel for what's on board and where things are. Looking forward to reviews from the first lucky bunch of cruisers going out on her.

So excited for my first Carnival cruise. Only my 4th cruise and I so wish I had discovered it sooner.

Sooo excited its home and I can hopefully start hearing some reviews of the first Splendor trip out of NY! We have never cruised before at all so this is all new to us. We leave April 23rd :)

Your first cruise AND sailing out of NYC! It's an awesome sail away! Make sure you go up to the highest deck. You will be able to see both the NY skyline and the Statue of Liberty and you will have a great spot for sailing under the Verrazano bridge.

Read these boards - you'll get lots of tips. Also join the roll call for you sailing! Have a great first cruise - you will be hooked!

Very excited to embark from New York! Most of past cruise experiences have been port intensive, so I'm a bit worried about the 4 total sea days. But excited nonetheless!

The 4 sea days are why I LOVE cruising from NY. The first 2 give you time to unwind before you hit the ports. The second 2 give you time to relax - or have fun on the ship before you have to go back to work.

If you want a spa day wait for the last 2 days - they always have sales. I love the sea days. Sit by the pool or on our balcony. Get to know the ship. Play a game. Gamble some. It's just a great time!

PS. My niece and nephew call my sister the Chicken because my father always called her the Little Red Hen after the children's story :)

So excited to be going on the splendor. Dislike the spirit class layout and both of my cruise on the Miracle went very poorly. Hoping the splendor will be a better experience since it has the conquest layout I like. :-D 8 days, can't wait!

Sorry to hear that you had a bad time on the Miracle. We loved her and will miss her, but I'm looking forward to the Splendor! I have to wait until June 10 - but I'm ready to go now.

Did I miss her entrance?

Yes - I did too. I woke up and thought I could watch on my Nook - but the cam page uses Flash and the Nook doesn't :(

By the time I fired up my laptop she was already up past the tip of Manhattan. I had to content myself with the satellite map. She's docked now. If you check the ship web cam, you will see the bridge cam is showing the NY Skyline.

The 4 sea days are why I LOVE cruising from NY. The first 2 give you time to unwind before you hit the ports. The second 2 give you time to relax - or have fun on the ship before you have to go back to work.

If you want a spa day wait for the last 2 days - they always have sales. I love the sea days. Sit by the pool or on our balcony. Get to know the ship. Play a game. Gamble some. It's just a great time!

PS. My niece and nephew call my sister the Chicken because my father always called her the Little Red Hen after the children's story :)

Kath, I am the same way. I can't IMAGINE going on another kind of itinerary where you don't have 2 sea days at the beginning and then 2 at the end. It's just absolutely perfect. Cripes, the more I read your emails the more it seems like we are twins seperated at birth! :eek: Ditto NY sailaway. You don't want to miss seeing the Lady, but the NY skyline is so awesome. I have cruised out of Manhattan on most of our cruises, plus we live "right here" but seeing the Lady still gives me goosebumps and brings tears to my eyes. I have so many pictures of sailing out past the Twin Towers too. :(

Got up too late. Splendor must be docked already. Gonna go check again. It's a beautiful day for a sail in and sail out even tho it's a little chilly!

We will be heading to Bermuda in April on the Splendor! So excited...will post a review!!:):):) Looks like there is only one cruise to Bermuda for the Splendor!

Michele

Been to Bermuda 7X on both land vacations and cruise vacations. It is a beautiful little island. NOT your typical Caribbean island! Just a word of warning: friends of ours went on an RCI ship April, 2011 and last April also and their only complaint was it was chilly in Bermuda. Just a heads up on what to pack. Course, weather is a crap shoot, but just to let you know what they experienced. :cool:

Archived