Why no Princess Sales

Pete69

And yet another Princess Sale begins

May 1st . Rate Code R85.

Alaska & Europe .

OBC's , lower rates , but new bookings only, non refund deposits , ect.

This sale may be better than most of

these very frequent Princess so called

sales as it is closer in to sailings.

Your TA should have the details shortly .

How do you find out sales and details ahead of time?

Just got a sale flyer today for 3-4 day coastal sailings from Los Angeles. I get sale flyers all the time. Not sure why the OP doesn't think Princess has sales. :confused:

I wish I could stop all of the snail mail junk mail from Princess with all of the big "sale" information.

How do you find out sales and details ahead of time?

My TA forwards me promos for cruises that may interest me as soom as he gets them.

These Princess Sales , although frequent , may not be great deals compared to Standbye or FLASH rates after Final passes , but may be good for those that like to choose their cabin or assure they will be onboard.

I just had standby fares. 7 day Alaska May 18 for 249 plus 155 taxes

I just booked my first PRINCESS cruise on a FLASH sale - 7 day Alaska May 11 for $302 plus $165 taxes. Couldn't pass this up. Looking forward to a different cruise line (23 on Carnival). :)

To do this you need to log on to your My Princess account, then go to either the onboard or vacation preference page by clicking on these on the right hand side and register for the StandBy Program by clicking on this in the header near the top of the web page.

You can also use the View Deals button on your My Princess page to bring up current sales which will include any StandBy Deals available.

Here is a link to the StandBy deals that came out last Friday. I believe you need to be logged on to your My Princess account in order to see the StandBy deals using the online booking process .

http://princess.dynamicmessenger.com/?jlxR.6drIffJpNLFn7j.rgMPki25icAPj

I too am signed up for 1-2 wks notice of deals with a variety of ports to sail from. I have been watching and waiting for a British Isle 12 day tour to drop down and according to the link you posted above from last Friday, the prices were $1099 for a balcony. I haven't gotten an email with anything even close to that price :eek:..$1599 to $1999 over the past few months.

Here is the list of my most recent emails which I copied and pasted from my personal perference link.:confused:

Don’t wait! CLEARANCE SAVINGS on Summer 2013 sailings!

Read Details >> Wed, 1 May 2013 15:14:00 GMT

Accepting an invitation to dinner ... in Hungary

Read Details >> Wed, 24 Apr 2013 02:07:00 GMT

Celebrate in new ways, Short Cruise Getaways & more!

Read Details >> Tue, 23 Apr 2013 00:03:00 GMT

Make your $$ go farther with up to 50% off!

Read Details >> Sat, 20 Apr 2013 01:51:00 GMT

Only hours left before this SALE flies away!

Read Details >> Thu, 18 Apr 2013 22:41:00 GMT

Any reason anyone can think of why the difference if emails? As you can see from my signature, I will be taking my last cruise next week as a Platinum to reach the elusive black card 'status'....whoo hoo.:D

remydiva, the email I got last Friday shows the Caribbean Pr. Br. Isles cruise has balconies available for $1199pp and Princess web site shows this is still the price for the May 12 and 24 sailing. You have to be signed in to your My Princess account to get these flash special prices.

I don't know why you wouldn't get the same email as I.

I tried to do a screen capture but it wouldn't post here but when I am logged into my princess and do that cruise for those dates, the balcony price for

May 12 is $1599 and

May 24 is $1599.

June 5 is sold out,

Jun 29 is $1999 and

July 11 is $2399.

I can't do the May dates (dog sitting if you can believe it) so was aiming for the other 3 dates.

Totally unfair and I don't understand it!

How did you get to post the screen capture so large? I could only get the tiny thumbnail using the paperclip link and uploading it. Are you using Flickr or some other photo program?

yes I saw that cruise too but not sure I want to do so many stops in Norway. We did Oslo 2 yrs ago and it was wonderful so it is a consideration...

thanks for the pics...

I uploaded the screen shot to my photobucket account and posted a image link to that picture. If you ever want to know where an online shot is linked to or comes from just right click on it and select properties to show the online address (URL) of the shot.

For my shot it's URL is

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd112/robtulipe/CBjune13_zps18719252.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I guess becuase Im in Australia I dont get these sales. Even the standby rates are not on my princess page. We do ocassionaly get sale info but usually only for Australian Cruises - I want more US/Canadian cruises

Received an email "balcony Bonus sale"

Looking at say the

Eastern Caribbean Voyager 10 days -- Balcony $1299

When I click on it... the price goes up to $1339 :cool:

I clicked on several sailings....each one went up hundreds of dollars.

Would you call that deceptive advertising???? :rolleyes::cool:

Received an email "balcony Bonus sale"

Looking at say the

Eastern Caribbean Voyager 10 days -- Balcony $1299

When I click on it... the price goes up to $1339 :cool:

I clicked on several sailings....each one went up hundreds of dollars.

Would you call that deceptive advertising???? :rolleyes::cool:

Me too...i gave up looking it was so frustrating :mad:

I just received an email with big reductions for Alaska,Europe and Japan. Along with the discount they were offering 3rd and 4th passenger price as low as $199. There is even a 12 day Grand Mediterranean on the Royal Princess on sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well you are getting better deals and different emails than I am. Interesting...and I suppose very strategic and clever...on Princess marketing staff to send out different deals to different past passengers.

Here are my last 3 emails as copied and pasted from VIEW DEALS part of the MY DREAM DEALS part in the My Princess part of web page.

MY DREAM DEALS

This is a collection of offers selected for you and emailed over the past few weeks. If you see a blank page, offers may be in the works and your deals will be posted soon. Or, if you haven't registered yet, it's easy to sign up. Simply click on "My Profile," check your address and mark your email preference. Offers don't last long, so book your Dream Deal today!

On sale now! New close-to-home sailings for 2014-2015

Read Details >> Wed, 15 May 2013 22:07:00 GMT

FREE balcony upgrades to amazing destinations!

Read Details >> Tue, 14 May 2013 17:09:00 GMT

Standby Deals: Mom-approved savings of up to 65%!

Read Details >> Fri, 10 May 2013 23:53:00 GMT

i'm not very happy to be 'missing out' on some deals...:mad:

I just received an email with big reductions for Alaska,Europe and Japan. Along with the discount they were offering 3rd and 4th passenger price as low as $199. There is even a 12 day Grand Mediterranean on the Royal Princess on sale.

I'm sure this is a coincidence but I just got the same email now....about 1 hr after you did and about 30 mins after I last posted on this thread :)

I got that one yesterday at about 5:30 pm.

I can't believe how inexpensive some of those fares are. They really took some deep discounts. I have paid more for Caribbean itineraries. Some of the sail dates are really good as well. When they stopped sailing in the Caribbean during the summer months I posted my dissatisfaction here. Many said that they go where the money is. With every cruise line pulling out of the Caribbean during the summer to sail Alaska and Europe I guess the market was over saturated which I predicted would happen. Now they are doing some lame short Caribbean itineraries during the summer for more money than some of these 12 day European itineraries. I also noticed that a lot of these discounted cruises are showing the mini suites and full suites sold out and they are trying to fill the lower categories. This just tells me that average middle class US/Canadian passenger was just out priced between airfare and cruise fare when the itineraries came out and Europeans are taking their holiday Euro elsewhere.

Just booked a great "flash sale" this morning for a 12-day Around the British Isles cruise round-trip from London on the Caribbean Princess for $1399 pp for a Caribe Balcony cabin. Great price. The last time we did this cruise on another cruise line it was nearly triple that.

Changing the dates can affect the cruise price. Stateroom locations can also change the cruise price. And once those cabins are gone....they're gone, and the price goes back up. Waiting even a day or two may cause one to miss the sale pricing.

We get the trip cancellation insurance, so if we ever have to cancel, we can. So far - the only trip we've ever cancelled was due to the volcanic eruption in Iceland a couple years ago & we received another cruise of our choice at the full cruise price we had paid, and had up to 2 years to use it.

When we see something on a "flash sale" that we want - we grab it! :D

Smooth Sailing always!

WooHooooo! for flash sales :D I just booked Alaska for DD and me, immediately after we get out of school. I wasn't planning another vacation, but how can I miss these prices? This will be the first time I've *ever* had three vacations planned in one summer:

Alaska (Golden Princess) DD (16) and me, June 16 through June 23

Mexico (Guadalajara and Mexico City) DH and me, June 26 through July 6

Texas and the Caribbean (Carnival Magic) DD (17), DH and me, July 26 through August 5

After we retire, my husband and I plan to travel pretty much full time. I guess I'm just practicing :p

Archived