Why no Princess Sales

Pete69

Does anyone know why Princess doesnt really have sales like NCL or RCCL? We have been waiting for a sale on a pacific coastal cruise - but they never seem to have sales?

The only reason for a sale would be to fill a ship for an itinerary that isn't selling. My SIL got a great last minute deal for a Caribbean cruise that sailed last week. She got an email 2 weeks before sailing and jumped on the deal. The spring break sailings seemed to be slow sellers this year.

Does anyone know why Princess doesnt really have sales like NCL or RCCL? We have been waiting for a sale on a pacific coastal cruise - but they never seem to have sales?

No sales is a good sign! It makes me think we picked the right Cruise Line! Now let's hope we get what we paid for.

Why no Princess sales?

Could be people ditching Carnival and stepping up a grade or two.

Lot of that happening, I should think ---myself included!

With increased demand, they don't need to offer sales.

There are plenty of Princess sales. I get at least 1 (if not 2) emails per week and 1-2 fliers per week from Princess. Some of these prices are rock bottom. Some one mentioned spring break sales for this month and there were a ton of $349-$399 inside sailings and $649-$699 balconies.

There are also the sales that Princess seems to have every other week that includes non-refundable deposits. Right now there is a "Spring to Savings Sale".

The coastal sailings sell well...if you are interested put a deposit on to grab your cabin, and then check the sales for lower prices, which is what most of us do. Sometimes prices go down, sometimes not. I did a coastal last fall, put it under deposit nine months before sailing and price never went down.

The coastal sailings sell well...if you are interested put a deposit on to grab your cabin, and then check the sales for lower prices, which is what most of us do. Sometimes prices go down, sometimes not. I did a coastal last fall, put it under deposit nine months before sailing and price never went down.

We did a spring coastal last May (moving Sapphire Princess from LA to Vancouver) that was pretty much sold out a year in advance (we reserved 16 months in advance). A few cabins opened up after final payment but I don't think they ever had/needed a sale to fill the ship. I gather that isn't unusual for the wine country coastals.

The email I received has discounts on insides ($549) and outside ($599) Pacific Coastals For April 6, 13, 27 and May 4th and then Wine Country discounts on May 11 from LA to Vancouver for insides ($599) and balconies ($1099).

Not sure if this is tied to my Captain Circle number or not.

They do have sales, but maybe not advertised the way some lines do. If we are interested in a cruise, I start looking at the Princess web site; usually I can find a rock-bottom price for that cruise at some point; then I just hold it to see if I can find air. Of course, you have to be flexible and willing to not go on a certain cruise if prices don't fluctuate.

Example; on a recent Hawaiian cruise we booked at $1299pp; a few weeks later the same balcony cabin was listed at over $5000. What? Prices fluctuated thousands of dollars for months for this cruise. I knew from watching prices that the $1299 was probably the lowest we would see for that particular itinerary. You have to be watching, have a price in mind, and jump on it because that price may last only hours.

I also feel that for *some* itineraries Princess is cheaper than other cruise lines to start--especially 7 day Caribbean cruises. It's easy to have a "sale" if you start out higher. Kind of like buying cars, furniture or clothes; you are foolish if you pay the sticker price, since it will almost certainly be discounted a lot.

On the other hand, Princess seems much higher for European itineraries. And, they don't seem to have the big OBC's that other lines sometimes have, or other perks like specialty dining.

On the other hand, Princess seems much higher for European itineraries. And, they don't seem to have the big OBC's that other lines sometimes have, or other perks like specialty dining.

Princess allows agents to discount the cruises. On other lines, they can't. But what they can do is provide OBC in exchange for not being able to discount.

So on Princess, an agent can "discount your cruise fare by "X dollars". You see the savings right away. On other lines, agents will instead of discounting as they can't, will "rebate their commission as OBC or perks such as speciality dining". Some agents on Princess do this also but it is easier for them to take it off the cruise cost.

Princess Sales seem very frequent the past

few years ?

Not always for the cruise you must have

and most often non refundable deposits.

Most sales are for sailings in the next few

months , needing help .

OP , tell your TA to keep you alerted for

these very frequent Sales.

increased demand' date=' they[i'] don't need to[/i] offer sales.

With the amount of emails I am getting, Princess is offering quite a bit of sales! Some very good pricing on Caribbean and Exotic sailings.

As Coral said, there is a huge price drop on the Pacific Coastals for the month of April. I booked an outside cabin for $599, and they are usually quite a bit more expensive.

You just have to keep on checking the fares and your personalizer. Check the "view deals" tab.

I do believe those sales were offered to certain past passengers so they are tied to your captain circle.

I do believe those sales were offered to certain past passengers so they are tied to your captain circle.

Yes - some are tied to Captain Circle number.

Also, check with a TA. They are offered Flash specials which are not available by calling Princess direct.

Also, check with a TA. They are offered Flash specials which are not available by calling Princess direct.
Coral is absolutely correct. There are sales. You need to contact your TA to find out what sales are available and even with the sale price, what discount. Princess TAs are not allowed to promote discounted fares but if you call, they will offer them to you. Even with a Flash sale, I've saved money.

Coral is absolutely correct. There are sales. You need to contact your TA to find out what sales are available and even with the sale price, what discount. Princess TAs are not allowed to promote discounted fares but if you call, they will offer them to you. Even with a Flash sale, I've saved money.

I agree with both Carol and Pam. We receive sales brochures from Princess, probably tied to our Captains Circle membership, sometimes a regional sale. The brochure prices are often better than those advertised for past passengers on the Princess website. There are promo and/or campaign codes listed in the brochures...usually on bottom of the last page. Call your TA and ask him/her to call Princess using the brochure codes. My TA has said that sometimes a cruise line has many sales codes out there at the same time...it's difficult for even a good TA to keep track of them all. So pay attention to your email and snail mail offers and those promo codes listed in them. We just received a substantial price drop (fully refundable and transferable) plus additional on board credit for our Oct Med cruise because I asked our TA to check out a brochure price code. Best wishes to all for many great fares and price drops!

Have a cruise booked on the new Royal Princess in November and watch the pricing every day. Was able to get $440 off and $100 obc. The sale lasted about 4 hours so you have to be there when it happens.

• 4 weeks later...
Can someone tell me why the price in the new brochure( received in the mail today 4/17) is different than what is showing on line? :cool: Same featured date - Ship - Etc

brochure is quoting a lower price.

When you look online, is it for the absolute lowest cabin in that category? If the lowest cabin in a category is booked already, then the brochure may be advertising the lowest cabin in a category that is already sold.

When you look online, is it for the absolute lowest cabin in that category? If the lowest cabin in a category is booked already, then the brochure may be advertising the lowest cabin in a category that is already sold.

Lowest cabin (inside is higher on line as well as all the other cat)

All cabins are available.

Brochure states $1399 online $1609 :rolleyes::cool: for balcony cabin

Lowest cabin (inside is higher on line as well as all the other cat)

All cabins are available.

Brochure states $1399 online $1609 :rolleyes::cool: for balcony cabin

That's weird; almost always I find better deals online; in fact I feel like the brochures are usually inflated and mostly purchased by people who don't know that much better prices can be found by checking out other resources.

Archived