Why no Princess Sales

Pete69

That's weird; almost always I find better deals online; in fact I feel like the brochures are usually inflated and mostly purchased by people who don't know that much better prices can be found by checking out other resources.

I rarely look at the mail princess sends. Today I nothing better to do. :o:D

I even signed into my account and off as a guest to compare price. No savings, both were the same.:cool:

Does anyone know why Princess doesnt really have sales like NCL or RCCL? We have been waiting for a sale on a pacific coastal cruise - but they never seem to have sales?

have you signed up for their email notices?

I just received two mailers and an email featuring sales prices on upcoming cruises. the email was for cruises within the next couple of months, the mailers were for future cruises.

I rarely look at the mail princess sends. Today I nothing better to do. :o:D

I even signed into my account and off as a guest to compare price. No savings' date=' both were the same.:cool:[/quote']

This happens to me a lot too--but once in a while I will catch a good deal on the Princess web site that usually lasts only a few days or even hours. Case in point was our recent Hawaii cruise. I'd been watching for months, both on the Princess site and other cruise discount sites. Finally saw a really good price come up on Princess, we booked it quickly and it promptly started going up again--eventually it was going for over $5000 on their website! For a simple balcony cabin!

Once in a while a better rate shows up when I sign in on-line, but not usually.

We find better deals if we book late or shoulder seasons.

Why no Princess sales?

Could be people ditching Carnival and stepping up a grade or two.

Lot of that happening, I should think ---myself included!

With increased demand, they don't need to offer sales.

This all the way. :)

Why no Princess sales?

Could be people ditching Carnival and stepping up a grade or two.

Lot of that happening, I should think ---myself included!

With increased demand, they don't need to offer sales.

Couldn't agree more, we used to sale Carnival, but with the decline in quality we have switched back to Princess. The fact that there are fewer sales on Princess compared to lines like Carnival and even Celebrity indicates that Princess has little problems filling their ships. Good sign.

Couldn't agree more, we used to sale Carnival, but with the decline in quality we have switched back to Princess. The fact that there are fewer sales on Princess compared to lines like Carnival and even Celebrity indicates that Princess has little problems filling their ships. Good sign.

Princess is having tons of sales. I get mail from Princess 3x a week and emails also with 7 night sailings from $299 per person.

Princess is having tons of sales. I get mail from Princess 3x a week and emails also with 7 night sailings from $299 per person.

Guess the sales depends on where you live.

Haven't seen Prices like the one you mention in decades . :cool:

Best I've seen for a 7 nighter to the Caribbean from $999. :rolleyes: Whoop-de-do~

Best I've seen for a 7 nighter to the Caribbean from $999. :rolleyes: Whoop-de-do~

I have received some of these emails. Feelin' Nauti, you must be booking balconies or above for these fares!

Oh yeah! We bit the bullet last year on a deal like this in July in Alaska... but the money we saved we spent on art originals. :rolleyes:

Inside room on the Diamond princess for Alaska is now selling at $299 LOL! That price does not even sound right!!

Even my cruise came down by $200 since when I booked it, unfortunately I could not get the lower price as this is a flash sale.

I thought Princess does not do sales and prices go up nearing the cruise date but I found the opposite, all the prices for the May 2013 sailings have been slashed by upto 50% in the last couple of months.

I've been getting some of these emails too--great prices, but mostly only month or two out. We don't normally cruise in summer, and on some of the closer cruises air would be the problem. I'm not going on a one night, $29 cruise from Nebraska!

We do get good deals on Princess though; it helps that we are very flexible. They definitely have sales.

Some of these sales are not. Case in fact this past weekend prices went up for no reason only to come back down on Today. The cruise I am watching has a very low sales of 35% for the last month and sailing in August. This is on the Royal and it has been almost hilarious to monitor the pricing games that Princess has used. Thus far no one has fallen for this which goes to show there are savvy cruisers whom look before they leap. Until such time as final payments become due be cautious of prices over the weekend. Princess has a belief that all the extra time you have on the weekend will lead to panic buying. I have charted price movements and see Tuesdays as the "cheap" day. Sundays are peak.

I have received some of these emails. Feelin' Nauti, you must be booking balconies or above for these fares!

Yes, balconies.... It's worth the extra $ to us... ;)

Princess's price on balconies was once the main reason we cruised Princess. (Platinum member) I would check pricing on other lines and their balcony prices were always better... Now that's not the case. We are finding better deals on other cruise lines.

I track the sales of all the cabin categories daily into a spreadsheet. All cabins are listed and it takes about 30 minutes to run through the screens from Princess site to view cabins sold and check the daily price. All the discounts from yesterday are gone, and back up to prices from last week. Net sales for last couple of days are zero. I can see when a cabin gets a temporary booking and then 48 hours later the cabin shows back up available. Since my spreadsheet has all the cabin numbers in it it's not that difficult. Just took a while to set up the ship with the cabin codes per deck and assign all the cabins. I have been very surprised on this sailing how low the sales are. Sailings before and after the Aug 22 sailing are substanially higher. I have tried to post more details info on CC but the monitors wipe it out everytime. I'm no travel agent, but they don't seem to want the details out by cabin category, or even by deck. I've checked numerous sailings for the Royal and the numbers are quite interesting.

I track the sales of all the cabin categories daily into a spreadsheet. All cabins are listed and it takes about 30 minutes to run through the screens from Princess site to view cabins sold and check the daily price. All the discounts from yesterday are gone, and back up to prices from last week. Net sales for last couple of days are zero. I can see when a cabin gets a temporary booking and then 48 hours later the cabin shows back up available. Since my spreadsheet has all the cabin numbers in it it's not that difficult. Just took a while to set up the ship with the cabin codes per deck and assign all the cabins. I have been very surprised on this sailing how low the sales are. Sailings before and after the Aug 22 sailing are substanially higher. I have tried to post more details info on CC but the monitors wipe it out everytime. I'm no travel agent, but they don't seem to want the details out by cabin category, or even by deck. I've checked numerous sailings for the Royal and the numbers are quite interesting.

Wow...very interesting! I am on a Royal sailing this summer and have been hoping to upgrade cabin category, and check prices every day and have seen very little movement since we booked in December. With the Princess site I see a fair number of cabins available, and with final payments due at the end of next week am holding out hope maybe prices may come down!

have you signed up for their email notices?

To do this you need to log on to your My Princess account, then go to either the onboard or vacation preference page by clicking on these on the right hand side and register for the StandBy Program by clicking on this in the header near the top of the web page.

You can also use the View Deals button on your My Princess page to bring up current sales which will include any StandBy Deals available.

Here is a link to the StandBy deals that came out last Friday. I believe you need to be logged on to your My Princess account in order to see the StandBy deals using the online booking process .

http://princess.dynamicmessenger.com/?jlxR.6drIffJpNLFn7j.rgMPki25icAPj

And yet another Princess Sale begins

May 1st . Rate Code R85.

Alaska & Europe .

OBC's , lower rates , but new bookings only, non refund deposits , ect.

This sale may be better than most of

these very frequent Princess so called

sales as it is closer in to sailings.

Your TA should have the details shortly .

Archived