Will Carnival Confiscate All Alcohol?

stevenr597

I am always amazed at the people who deem it necessary to constantly tell "us" what we are doing wrong... If booze gets caught we are all big enough to not throw a fit and bang our head against the wall... if it gets thru all the better!:D

I buy BV just because even at the higher prices it's still cheaper than buying single drinks, which I do also, but cutting out buying several a day helps us as a couple keep the bottom line lower PLUS I've bought the bottle prior to the cruise so it does not count!:eek: (you like that long sentence?)

Just as I am amazed at the people that constantly ask how to break the rules, how everyone else breaks the rules, and how can one do a better job of breaking the rules! I mean, is this a cruise forum or a prison yard??? If one wants to smuggle, fine, enjoy yourself, but keep it to yourself. If you want to bring it up in public you shouldn't be surprised if someone looks down on you for not following the rules.

Oy I hope that is the end of the BS session on alcohol...who the heck started that one anyway? WHO CARES. Do your own thing and enjoy it. If you have a legitimate ? then ask it but don't batter down people on your own principles. Do what you want, that's all. Republican/Democrat...same thing...will never agree!

you all have too much time

Yes, I know we disagree but why am I supposedly disingenuous?

And there is no difference between rules. All are expected to be followed equally. There is a difference between rules and laws but all rules are equally important (at least to the person or people that set them).

All rules are not equally important. No way no how.

Ones regarding safety are much more important than others that are only for the benefit of Carnival. I bring on some booze nobody is affected other than me.

Rather a stretch to think it would affect employment on the ship.

Ones regarding safety are much more important than others that are only for the benefit of Carnival. I bring on some booze nobody is affected other than me.

What you are considering rules concerning safety are actually laws. And as I previously stated, laws do have a greater importance (and penalty for non-conformance) than rules.

To quote the great Walter Sobchak:

"Am I the only one who gives a sh%. about the rules?"

" Am I wrong?"

" Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one who cares about the rules?"

" Smoky this is not Nam this is Cruising there are rules."

Smuggle away I say. It's all about "Strikes and Gutters" anyway.

Out to Sea...you're quite a trip. I don't know whether to keep debating you, or to invite you to my next cruise cabin to have a drink from the stash in my luggage.

I will agree with you about one thing, I am quite "gleefuL" on a cruise. That's not the word I'd use, but since you did, I'll comply.

In any event, I hope we do cross paths on a cruise some day. I'll have some good natured fun hanging with you.

Sorry but that doesn't matter a hoot. Whether you think smuggling "affects" someone else or not is purely an opinion, not a fact. I'll guarantee you that smuggling affects Carnival's profits which could (not necessarily will) affect someone else by not being hired and providing for their family........or maybe not. But either way, it IS a violation of the contract which you agreed to follow. So if one does not care to follow that, why should they care about other rules, whether it interfere's with anyone else or not? Or are you trying to say that smuggler's have the highest possible integrity except when it comes to alcohol on cruise ships? :rolleyes:

Another way to keep Carnival from robbing people blind by jacking up the prices on alcohol is to just not drink while on board. ;)

Please note that I said "does not affect anyone else on the cruise". Not talking about Carnival's profits, talking about people. Big difference which is why I stated it like I did. All those other rules you talk about do affect other people on the cruise. That is a difference.

Also, I actually don't drink on board as I rarely drink. But my husband does. I begrudge no company making a profit, but the mark up on liquor from BV is outrageous.

From Galveston, they actually opened up all 12 packs of soda, removed each can and confirmed that none were beer.

Water bottles were shaken to see if they were actually water and not clear alcohols.

I think that Carnival should offer craft beers on board. For a serious beer lover, their selection is totally blah...

However, the beers that were confiscated, were kept for us and returned on the morning of debarkation.

Simple following rules. How can one willingly, even gleefully break one rule and then complain about people breaking other rules? Everything I mentioned is either common courtesy or a different Carnival rule, not a law, so, if smuggling (breaking a rule) is okay, then breaking the other rules should be okay as well, no?

What you said!:D

Do not come on here complaining about chair hogs, elevator etiquette, cutting the buffet lines or what people wear on Elegant nights IF you are going to smuggle!:mad:

THAT SAID: BV prices ARE outrageous!:eek: Oh well, time to cut back on my drinking!;)

What you said!:D

Do not come on here complaining about chair hogs, elevator etiquette, cutting the buffet lines or what people wear on Elegant nights IF you are going to smuggle!:mad:

THAT SAID: BV prices ARE outrageous!:eek: Oh well, time to cut back on my drinking!;)

What in the world does one thing have to do with the others?

I'm so sorry I got on this thread. You guys are insane if you think bringing a little alcohol or an extra bottle of wine to your room to have a "getting ready for dinner" drink in your room or on your balcony is ANYWHERE NEAR endlessly annoying OTHER PASSENGERS on their vacation...YIkes quit it and go read a book.

I'm so sorry I got on this thread. You guys are insane if you think bringing a little alcohol or an extra bottle of wine to your room to have a "getting ready for dinner" drink in your room or on your balcony is ANYWHERE NEAR endlessly annoying OTHER PASSENGERS on their vacation...YIkes quit it and go read a book.

I second that motion. :thumbup:

Sent from my ADR6400L using Forums mobile app

Actually I think I'll hog 6 chairs by the pool while cutting in line at the buffet, after all, they are just rules that are meant to be broken because it's MY vacation! ;)

Actually I think I'll hog 6 chairs by the pool while cutting in line at the buffet, after all, they are just rules that are meant to be broken because it's MY vacation! ;)

My bringing on a box of wine doesnt interfere with anyone elses vacation. You hogging chairs or cutting in line (and dont think you would) would interfere with other people's vacation.

BTW if we ever did cruise together would be happy to invite you to our cabin for a glass of wine before dinner.

LIKE and LIKE. :)

What in the world does one thing have to do with the others?

EVERYTHING!:D

And then you wonder why you get flamed! THERE ARE NOT A SET OF RULES FOR YOU AND ANOTHER SET FOR EVERYONE ELSE!:mad:

If you sneak booze on board (which BTW is your prerogative), you cannot blast others for breaking OTHER rules!!!;)

PS: Have a great day!:D

EVERYTHING!:D

And then you wonder why you get flamed! THERE ARE NOT A SET OF RULES FOR YOU AND ANOTHER SET FOR EVERYONE ELSE!:mad:

If you sneak booze on board (which BTW is your prerogative), you cannot blast others for breaking OTHER rules!!!;)

PS: Have a great day!:D

Guess we are going to have to agree to disagree. Hope you dont disobey any rules.

My bringing on a box of wine doesnt interfere with anyone elses vacation. You hogging chairs or cutting in line (and dont think you would) would interfere with other people's vacation.

BTW if we ever did cruise together would be happy to invite you to our cabin for a glass of wine before dinner.

It seems, we have some in our presence that believe they are somehow entitled criticize others on how they dress, how they pack, what they pack, etc. They believe they, and they alone, hold the key to how a person is supposed to look, dress, drink, what they drink, how they acquire what they drink, what they eat, where they eat, how they eat.........we all know people like them.

I truly do feel badly for those people. I know the type well. They are the ones who will forego having a good times as their outlook centers around being critical of someone, anyone, probably everyone. It's a shame, really. I'll do my very best to avoid those people. No one needs that sort of negativeness in their lives.

That said, thankfully most of us here aren't like that. ;)

I'm out! Happy Cruising!

It seems, we have some in our presence that believe they are somehow entitled criticize others on how they dress, how they pack, what they pack, etc. They believe they, and they alone, hold the key to how a person is supposed to look, dress, drink, what they drink, how they acquire what they drink, what they eat, where they eat, how they eat.........we all know people like them.

I truly do feel badly for those people. I know the type well. They are the ones who will forego having a good times as their outlook centers around being critical of someone, anyone, probably everyone. It's a shame, really. I'll do my very best to avoid those people. No one needs that sort of negativeness in their lives.

That said, thankfully most of us here aren't like that. ;)

I'm out! Happy Cruising!

The only people that hold that power is Carnival and they have stated what is acceptable in their contract and rules which all of you voluntarily signed and agreed to conform to by purchasing a cruise from them. Now, if you could only honor what you agreed to do in the first place there we wouldn't be having this discussion. Those that refuse to honor what they agreed to do are the ones that I feel sad for.

Archived