The BULLY on Seven Seas Navigator, March 27 2013

I was on the Adventure of the Seas in St.Johns, Antigua, March 27th, sitting on my balcony waiting for sail away at 5 pm.

Next to the Adventure was Seven Seas Navigator, and I had a close view of the balconies on the Navigator.

I then witnessed something terrible……

A man was beating up on his wife/girlfriend and throwing her around.

And he was not a small sized guy ! She tried to scream for help, and an elderly couple two balcony down looked over the railing to see what was going on.

The bully threw the balcony chair, tore his t-shirt of, and tried to put her on her feet after beating on her.

She fell down like a potato sack, don’t know if she hadn’t fainted. He gave her a real bad beating….

I tried to shout over to make him stop, but don’t think anyone heard me.

I then went for my camera and took a lot of photos of the incident (and him).

Thought they might be good to have if perhaps needed.

This took place on deck 8 and I checked on cruisedecks.com and it looks like they were in cabin 848. Just above the end of the second lifeboat from the right

It was a terrible sight – it kept on for about 10 minutes – never seen anything like this except at the movies. Then Adventure took of at 5 pm.

I do hope she is doing well, and left the ship and him at the next port…..

Sorry, but had to share this with you.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post on the Regent board. It is easy for people to say how they would (or would wish they had) handled something like this after the event occurs. I commend you for trying to follow up on what you saw.

What you have done is to let the individual who was responsible for the violence and the victim of the violence know that you have evidence that could be beneficial to the victim. I also hope that you will be contacted by Regent, although I would presume that they would prefer to stay out of these matters, but wish that they could follow up with the individuals. Charges can always be laid after something like this happens.

Unfortunately, so many victims of this type of violence remain with the offender. I don't know the legalities of the issues involved, but I would have absolutely no issue with posting his photo, while blocking the victim's photo, on any public site. Hopefully, someone with knowledge of the legal system will post.

Sirkeline, you will likely get some criticism from people on the boards, but I thank you for trying to make a difference by making your post.

We can hope that the "elderly couple" or someone else called security immediately. On our first, then Radisson cruise, there was a big commotion in the hallway, on Navigator, screaming, cursing, male/female. We immediately called security which had already been notified.

Learned later it involved a mother of a teenage girl who had previously done the same thing in the movie theatre looking for daughter,etc.

Very disconcerting, needless to say!

Sirkline - Thanks for posting this! I believe you have provided enough information for further investigation. If it were going to unfortunately occur, it's too bad it did not occur in U.S. territory, where our laws have more "teeth"! Since "Mr. FDR" likes to (infrequently) "insert himself" into some of these posts - when it serves his own interest (and when he can take cheap shots at some of his paying customers), perhaps he'll do some checking into this while the cruise is still ongoing. I would not expect, nor would I look for a comment from him. But since he also knows that there is photographic evidence of a crime being committed on one of "his ships" and to one of his passengers (assault and battery, at the least), perhaps he can use some of his resources and tme to track this down and insure that one of his passengers is safe and not in further danger - Instead of wasting his time throwing rather acerbic one-line'ers and non-relevant/un-informative "zingers" at some of us. Regards, and Thanks again for your reporting.

Sirkeline: I just read your post and my heart sank. We were just on this cruise and we have reason to believe we know which couple you are referring to. Unfortunately this was not the only incident in which they had a very public altercation. They sat behind us in Compass Rose the last night and another couple at our table mentioned that they were surprised to see them still together. This is a very disturbing story - wish I knew that there would be a happy ending.

Wow, this is disturbing...all I can say is I hope the victim is okay, and that she seeks help - and also, I think this thread is somewhat mis-titled - it should say "The vicious criminal assailant on Seven Seas Navigator". This goes WAY beyond 'bully' and needs to be treated as such...

:mad:

Wow, this is disturbing...all I can say is I hope the victim is okay, and that she seeks help - and also, I think this thread is somewhat mis-titled - it should say "The vicious criminal assailant on Seven Seas Navigator". This goes WAY beyond 'bully' and needs to be treated as such...

:mad:

Well, sorry I mis-titled the post. But my native language is norwegian, not english:o and my english writing skills thereof

Your English is FAR better than most of us who can speak NO Norwegian or many other languages!

There are a lot of people posting on this boards that does not have english as their language. "We" ( us foreigners ) have to use the words we "know", so seeing your language written by "us" can seem strange to you sometimes. Sorry about that:o

Sirkeline: I just read your post and my heart sank. We were just on this cruise and we have reason to believe we know which couple you are referring to. Unfortunately this was not the only incident in which they had a very public altercation. They sat behind us in Compass Rose the last night and another couple at our table mentioned that they were surprised to see them still together. This is a very disturbing story - wish I knew that there would be a happy ending.

That is disturbing ...too bad that they were not removed from the ship but then again people that are in abusive relationships rarely press charges or leave their abusers.

A very sad way to live

Lyn

I find this all very strange and disturbing. We did encounter one guy on a cruise who was obviously abusing his wife, well two really. Neither involved physical violence, or at least not that you could see. So neither was actionable, by staff or passengers. In this current case there's probably nothing the staff can do either, unless the wife wanted to press charges, and they rarely do. In one of the cases that we experienced, several men onboard took the husband aside and gave him a stern lecture--doubt it did much good but it curbed his very public verbal abuse of his new bride--who knows what he did in private.

Well, sorry I mis-titled the post. But my native language is norwegian, not english:o and my english writing skills thereof

Sirkeline - please don't misunderstand - my comment wasn't a criticism of your writing skills at all, it was my way of expressing my contempt toward a 'man' who would behave in that way. I lived in Germany for over 7 years and believe me, I could never express myself in German as well as you did in English.

I aplolgize if you misunderstood my comment! :)

We were on this cruise as well and were amazed at some of the people that were on board--looked like refugees from Carnival. The behavior of some of the passengers was beyond belief--rude to the crew, rude to their fellow passengers and rude to each other!

It was not what we would call a normal Regent group of passengers-and several crew members seemed to agree with us. Passengers were ANGRY that the shops in St Martin were closed on Good Friday and were quite vocal about it. Several women insisted on being first to anything and everything-- quite a floor show! It's amazing how well some people can manage without their walkers!( wink wink)

The food was excellent and the service was very good. The only spotty service was pool-side and the fellows who were serving did a great job. Chaises were saved before the covers were even laid down on the cushions. Be quick or you could lose out!

All in all a great cruise--in spite of the antics of the Carnival rejects! And, by the way, we booked another cruise while on board!

We were on this cruise as well and were amazed at some of the people that were on board--looked like refugees from Carnival. The behavior of some of the passengers was beyond belief--rude to the crew, rude to their fellow passengers and rude to each other!

It was not what we would call a normal Regent group of passengers-and several crew members seemed to agree with us. Passengers were ANGRY that the shops in St Martin were closed on Good Friday and were quite vocal about it. Several women insisted on being first to anything and everything-- quite a floor show! It's amazing how well some people can manage without their walkers!( wink wink)

The food was excellent and the service was very good. The only spotty service was pool-side and the fellows who were serving did a great job. Chaises were saved before the covers were even laid down on the cushions. Be quick or you could lose out!

All in all a great cruise--in spite of the antics of the Carnival rejects! And, by the way, we booked another cruise while on board!

I couldn't have said it better! Your description of our cruise was, unfortunately, perfect. I'm sorry we couldn't have gotten together while we were on board to commiserate!

Sirkeline, believe me, I did not pick up one clue that your native language was other than English. You wrote better than many English speaking Americans or Brits would do under these circumstances, which were stressful, to say the least. Thank you for taking the time to post this, no matter the result. You surely tried, and I hope that other couple you saw on the Regent ship called it in and made a difference.

Spousal abuse is a hidden crime often never reported by the victims. They are just too embarrassed to report. Thank god for people like you who expose it when you see it! In my working professional life, I heard the same stories more than I needed or wanted, too far after the fact to make a difference for the most part. Even though you were on a different ship, I hope you made a difference!

I say Bravo to you!

Sirkeline, believe me, I did not pick up one clue that your native language was other than English. You wrote better than many English speaking Americans or Brits would do under these circumstances, which were stressful, to say the least. Thank you for taking the time to post this, no matter the result. You surely tried, and I hope that other couple you saw on the Regent ship called it in and made a difference.

Spousal abuse is a hidden crime often never reported by the victims. They are just too embarrassed to report. Thank god for people like you who expose it when you see it! In my working professional life, I heard the same stories more than I needed or wanted, too far after the fact to make a difference for the most part. Even though you were on a different ship, I hope you made a difference!

I say Bravo to you!

Thank you.

And I did report the incident.

Sirkeline - please don't misunderstand - my comment wasn't a criticism of your writing skills at all, it was my way of expressing my contempt toward a 'man' who would behave in that way. I lived in Germany for over 7 years and believe me, I could never express myself in German as well as you did in English.

I aplolgize if you misunderstood my comment! :)

Accepted;)

I find this all very strange and disturbing. We did encounter one guy on a cruise who was obviously abusing his wife, well two really. Neither involved physical violence, or at least not that you could see. So neither was actionable, by staff or passengers. In this current case there's probably nothing the staff can do either, unless the wife wanted to press charges, and they rarely do. In one of the cases that we experienced, several men onboard took the husband aside and gave him a stern lecture--doubt it did much good but it curbed his very public verbal abuse of his new bride--who knows what he did in private.

Thank you. Those men were right and acted as men. Hopefully they made mention to management if, for no other reason, " prior evidence."

Archived