What time does the ship actually sail?

charw20

We fly in at like 10:30 the morning of the cruise. I am confused by the embarkation times on the site. What times does it actually sail? It is for the Carnival Sensation on June 29.

Tried to look it up but only find the Sensation leaving port on 27th & 30th. Not on 29th. If you mean the 29th, It says leaving at 4pm. Embarkation information states you must check in not later than 1 1/2 hr ahead of "sail time" (4pm) = 2:30pm. Keep in mind that is if you have completed your online check in prior to arrival at the port. If you have not, or forgot your printed documents, arrive ASAP.

She posted on another thread they are on the Fascination

Either way the ship sails at 4pm so be onboard by 2pm & you will be fine

If you are not on 90 min prior you will be waving bye bye to the ship from the pier

If it's stated that departure time is 4pm - ship sails at 4:05. Same thing in all ports you visit. Embarkation - as has been noted, at leat 1+30 before sailaway. At other ports at least 30 mins prior to sail time (it will be posted). Don't be late, or like LHT said... wave bye bye. :)

She posted on another thread they are on the Fascination

Either way the ship sails at 4pm so be onboard by 2pm & you will be fine

If you are not on 90 min prior you will be waving bye bye to the ship from the pier

Thanks for fixing me..,hehe!! And this isn't even my first time....:)

A majority of cruise passengers try to get to the port by 1 pm. Personally, having taken an awful lot of cruises, we like to be at the port a little before noon with the hope that we can get on early (most ships start boarding about noon) so we have time to relax and enjoy lunch. But whatever you do...make sure you are at the port no later then 90 min before the scheduled departure.

Hank

We fly in at like 10:30 the morning of the cruise. I am confused by the embarkation times on the site. What times does it actually sail? It is for the Carnival Sensation on June 29.
I would fly in the day before. Flying in the day of the cruise is risky as there could be flight delays or cancellations. Don't take the chance.

Rick

If it's stated that departure time is 4pm - ship sails at 4:05. Same thing in all ports you visit. Embarkation - as has been noted, at leat 1+30 before sailaway. At other ports at least 30 mins prior to sail time (it will be posted). Don't be late, or like LHT said... wave bye bye. :)

We've been on ships and if all were aboard, we have sailed early. Clearly if someone is not aboard yet and it is still before mandated all aboard time, the ship waits but every minute the ship sails early saves fuel. At the end of a month, those few minutes here and there add up.

Archived