Hapag-LLoyd Europa 2.

English Voyager

Thank you from me also.

We may be looking around for a different cruise line in the New Year.

I've been interested in Europa 2 for quite some time now. Your very helpful posts and reviews are encouraging and have put my concerns to rest.

Thanks again.

Thank you.

I look forward to reading the views of those who have had more recent experience, than I have, of cruising on the competing Luxury Cruise Lines.

for the moment on another - former - 5 starred :rolleyes:

daily closure of MDR for every breakfast and lunch:mad:

so daily buffets and / or fast food of decent quality twice

cannot wait to be be back on europa 2 - unfortunately only in april 2016

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am very intrigued by Europa 2, and am most anxious to find an itinerary that interests me enough to give her a try. Judging from what I have read and seen this ship is easily on par with the best of the other luxury lines.

I am very intrigued by Europa 2, and am most anxious to find an itinerary that interests me enough to give her a try. Judging from what I have read and seen this ship is easily on par with the best of the other luxury lines.

I look forward to the promised review by mpfund, who, in the Seabourn thread, stated

'My husband and I have just returned from 2 weeks on Europa 2 and found almost all of it just plain fabulous. Once I get past my jet lag I will post a review, but for now all I can say is that they really do deserve their #1 luxury spot. '

Here is a recent video review on the Europa 2.

The section on dining options features hunger inducing dishes.

And the accompanying print review:

http://www.travelpulse.com/news/cruise/travelpulse-on-board-europa-2-review.html

I hope anyone contemplating a cruise on the Europa 2 will not be put off by the comment in the article:

'Who Should Skip

•Luxury cruise aficionados familiar with the superior competition'

I hope anyone contemplating a cruise on the Europa 2 will not be put off by the comment in the article:

'Who Should Skip

Agree with English Voyager.

I'm familiar with the competition and don't find it superior.

My spouse won't even look at any other line's itineraries now- just "no interest" in doing anything but Europa 2 for the indefinite future.

Edited by ededmd

Here is a recent video review on the Europa 2.

The section on dining options features hunger inducing dishes.

And the accompanying print review:

http://www.travelpulse.com/news/cruise/travelpulse-on-board-europa-2-review.html

'Who Should Skip

Great video! Definitely hunger-inducing. Our bags are mostly packed and ready to go start eating our way through the delicious-looking offerings on the E2 Capetown-Capetown cruise over the Xmas/New Year holidays, and we are also celebrating my birthday. There will be several sea days which should allow time for more extensive samplings of the ship's restaurants and facilities during the day.

The video commented on food service being slower than on other luxury lines ( though an objective time comparison was not given). However, that could be an advantage -- more time between courses should allow more time for digestion and appetite to build up again, and facilitate yet more food sampling, a la multicourse French meals where you slooowly savor wonderful food bites over the evening without feeling stuffed.

Great video! Definitely hunger-inducing. Our bags are mostly packed and ready to go start eating our way through the delicious-looking offerings on the E2 Capetown-Capetown cruise over the Xmas/New Year holidays, and we are also celebrating my birthday. There will be several sea days which should allow time for more extensive samplings of the ship's restaurants and facilities during the day.

The video commented on food service being slower than on other luxury lines ( though an objective time comparison was not given). However, that could be an advantage -- more time between courses should allow more time for digestion and appetite to build up again, and facilitate yet more food sampling, a la multicourse French meals where you slooowly savor wonderful food bites over the evening without feeling stuffed.

The reviewer did comment that service was extremely slow in the Tarragon (French) Restaurant.

Personally, that has never been my experience, but then I prefer to have a leisurely evening meal.

As you say, time to savour good food, wine , and company.

As has been mentioned in other reviews, and has been my experience, day time activities on a sea day tend to be very low key.

Ample time to relax between sight seeing.

I submitted it several days ago, but don't know when it will be published.

Just checked a few moments ago, and still not available. We are keenly interested in Europa 2. One question, the swimming pool looks very narrow, like a two person lap pool. Is this correct? Is there a regular pool? I do water dancing, and would hate to disturb lap swimmers. Very much interested in your review.

Just checked a few moments ago, and still not available. We are keenly interested in Europa 2. One question, the swimming pool looks very narrow, like a two person lap pool. Is this correct? Is there a regular pool? I do water dancing, and would hate to disturb lap swimmers. Very much interested in your review.

With regard to the swimming pool, in addition to it's general availability to guests there are also specific times set aside for adults only and children only.

These are:

Pool Time for Adults only:

10.00 -11.00.

15.00-16.00.

Pool Time for Kids/Teens:

11.00-12.00.

16.00-17.00.

For those of you who have travelled on Europa 2 and other luxury lines, would you consider it to be comparable or a step above? I know everyone's experiences are subjective, but I sense that Europa 2 is certainly on par, if not slightly superior, to the mosre popular luxury lines.

For those of you who have travelled on Europa 2 and other luxury lines, would you consider it to be comparable or a step above? I know everyone's experiences are subjective, but I sense that Europa 2 is certainly on par, if not slightly superior, to the mosre popular luxury lines.

As you quite rightly observe, an individual's opinion on/assessment of a particular Luxury Cruise Line/Ship will be influenced by that individual's personal likes and dislikes.

One trusts that Douglas Ward's assessments of ships are, as a Professional, neutrally based, and in his opinion the Europa 2, and it's sister ship the Europa, are the two best ships in the luxury sector.

Obviously, you know what you look for in a luxury cruise, and this thread, in conjunction with the posted reviews on the Europa 2, should provide sufficient information against which you can compare your wish list for a luxury cruise.

For example, do you want an all inclusive alcoholic Drinks Policy, a totally smoke free environment,an American or European influenced on board ambience, or a very active daytime schedule on sea days?

I just got a print catalogue for the E2 with cruises through the end of March 2018 listed. The print catalogue seems to go beyond what I am seeing on the HL website.

That is surprising.

When I picked up my brochure, ending March 2017, on board the Europa 2 in September ,I was advised that it had only just been received.

In your brochure where is the Europa 2 cruising over Christmas/New Year 2017?

1. Route 24 -- EUX 1731

Starts in Colon December 6, 2017, goes through Panama Canal

arrives Valparaiso December 19

2. This is the trip precisely at holiday time late 2017/early 2018:

Route 25, EUX 1800

Departs Valparaiso December 19, travels around the tip of South America

Arrives Buenos Aires January 5, 2018

then beyond that we have Route 26, EUX 1801 goes from Buenos Aires starting January 5, 2017 to Capetown, arrives January 16, 2018;

and then Route 27 EUX 1802 runs January 17 Capetown to Capetown January 30 on a route that looks identical to the itinerary I am taking in a couple weeks

Before that, the transatlantic for the E2 in late 2017 will be Lisbon to New York, Route 20, EUX 1727, leave October 15, arrive NY October 27, and then it heads south down the US coast and to the Bahamas

I don't think it will be posted. I did some research and found that I should have received an auto-email acknowledging receipt by Cruise Critic. I did not receive an auto-email, so sent an email to Cruise Critic and received no response. I emailed once more and got a form email in return that did not address my question. I replied to that hoping I could find out what went wrong -- did I make an error -- but no reply. This would have been my first review, so perhaps I made an error(s) in submission.

I would have appreciated the courtesy of a reply by Cruise Critic, but I doubt I will get one.