Disembark time?

I'm taking a Celebrity Cruise in July, and it states that we arrive back in Harwich at 4am, at what time do we actually disembark? I ask this because I am trying to make flight arrangements. The flight home leaves at 10am (to Charlotte, NC), and wondering if I have enough time, or if I should just stay a night in London (I would rather not).

I'm taking a Celebrity Cruise in July, and it states that we arrive back in Harwich at 4am, at what time do we actually disembark? I ask this because I am trying to make flight arrangements. The flight home leaves at 10am (to Charlotte, NC), and wondering if I have enough time, or if I should just stay a night in London (I would rather not).

Harwich is at least 2 hours from LHR. I would not try to make that flight.

Absolute earliest I would book is 1pm (and thats pushing it)...forget 10am; you are going to miss the flight!! If you can't fly later in the day I think you will have to have a night in The Smoke, or get yourself to a hotel in the LHR area. You could always get to a hotel at LHR then catch a bus to Hampton Court if you've never been there before to use the day up.

Simon

Google Maps says that it is 112 miles and takes 1 hour 57 minutes from Harwich to Heathrow and that assumes that there are no traffic delays. You have to get to the airport 2 hours early for an international flight which means you have to be off the boat, have collected your luggage, through customs and be on your transport vehicle by 6:00 AM at the latest. Figure that it will take 1 hour to get off the boat, collect your luggage and go through customs so you will have to disembark by 5:00 AM.

Bottom line - you will not make it.

DON

we just booked our flights thru the Celebrity Cruise site. The price was cheaper and it offered flights late in the afternoo. we will be going to Savannah Ga, and leaving London at 4:20 pm

We are also taking the Celebrity cruise in July and booked our flights thru their site. The price was cheapest. Our flight will be leaving 4:20 pm from Heathrow to Savannah Ga.

• 3 weeks later...
Google Maps says that it is 112 miles and takes 1 hour 57 minutes from Harwich to Heathrow and that assumes that there are no traffic delays. You have to get to the airport 2 hours early for an international flight which means you have to be off the boat, have collected your luggage, through customs and be on your transport vehicle by 6:00 AM at the latest. Figure that it will take 1 hour to get off the boat, collect your luggage and go through customs so you will have to disembark by 5:00 AM.

Bottom line - you will not make it.

DON

Celebrity says that it will take 1 hour to clear the ship which makes 5 am doable.

We are on the June 3 Celebrity Infinity cruise to the British Isles. We are disembarking in Harwich on June 14. The ship arrives at 4:00AM. We have a 1:05PM flight LHR to JFK. I have booked a transfer company as we are 7 people to pick us up at 7:30AM. As we are Americans, do we have to go through Immigration and Customs? In both Barcelona and Venice, we simply got our luggage and walked out, probably because we were in European Union countries. Could anyone give me a good idea of what disembarkation time we should opt for so we can meet our driver at 7:30AM giving us sufficient time to get to Heathrow?

Thanks.

Janice

Celebrity says that it will take 1 hour to clear the ship which makes 5 am doable.

What time does Celebrity recommend for the flight home? NO way would I take their promise of taking one hour to clear the ship. :rolleyes: Have a back up flight ready.;)

Archived