Positive Review for the Crown, March 23

happy cruzer

Hi, Here's a link to a review of our Crown Princess experience:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=218494

If you read a variety of reviews, it is interesting to see the different views. I know we sailed before the plumbing issue; however, I think almost all ships have plumbing issues caused by passenger misuse. Some folks bring their favorite toilet paper from home; not realizing that ships plumbing can't tolerate it. Diapers, food, etc., is often found to be cause of issues.

Anyway, we had a great time and want to pay back for all the help we got from CC before the cruise, so there's the review.

Thanks.

Hi, Here's a link to a review of our Crown Princess experience:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=218494

If you read a variety of reviews, it is interesting to see the different views. I know we sailed before the plumbing issue; however, I think almost all ships have plumbing issues caused by passenger misuse. Some folks bring their favorite toilet paper from home; not realizing that ships plumbing can't tolerate it. Diapers, food, etc., is often found to be cause of issues.

Anyway, we had a great time and want to pay back for all the help we got from CC before the cruise, so there's the review.

Thanks.

Thanks for taking the time to write your review. Sounds like a great cruise. One question, you mentioned you were charged a corkage fee each night. Did you bring on a number of bottles of wine and take a different bottle to the DR each night?

Bob

Yes, we brought a different bottle each night to the dining room and some for the balcony which seems to still be ok by the official Princess policy. Each waiter apologized as they explained the corkage fee and handled it very professionally.

Princess may change how they monitor wine in the future but being able to carry on our favorites to enjoy with a nice meal hopefully will always be allowed. I was a bit annoyed that at the guest services desk they could not tell me if any part of the corkage fee is a gratuity or service charge.

And yes, we had a very good home port cruise.

Archived