Spa.....men???

charw20

So my husband loves massages and I was going to pre-purchase one and tell him when we cruise. I am not even sure which one to pick for a man or if it is even common for men to get one..... The video they have on the website shows only women in the spa. Can someone give me some suggestions...please... :) I have never used the spa on a cruise, so I am clueless.

DW bought one for her father and uncle and they both loved it. First time ever.

Never had one myself, but I hate being touched and wouldn't get anything out of it. I prefer the sauna, steam room, and jacuzzi.

I did the hot stone on my Fascination cruise and it was fantastic. I would wait to book until on the ship. It was 149 for the 75 min massage as the first day special and I think they do this on all the ships. I think its about that much for the 50 min if you pre-book.

My husband and I both had a massage on our first cruise ever. I loved it ( was pregnant at the time too) and he hated it. He just has no interested in having hot oil rubbed on him by anyone other than his wife - Im okay with that :o. We did buy the spa pass on the Dream and he loved using the thermal suite, pool etc. Since you know that your husband enjoys them then I would suggest hot stones or maybe deep tissue. Do you know what types he likes ?

I would wait to book until you are on board. The Spa has really great specials on Port days. You can usually get 2 for 1 deals. That is what me and my hubby do - we make the appointment for around the time we are suppose to be back on the ship...so we don't miss any port time either. :)

My husband loves all the spa stuff. He likes the wrap/massage combination the best. He says it's great being turned into a burrito and loves the way his skin feels after the treatment. The first couple of times, he had the technician take his picture so he could email all the relatives :) We actually spend more money on him at the spa than me! My favorite is the ginger salt scrub/massage combination.

So my husband loves massages and I was going to pre-purchase one and tell him when we cruise. I am not even sure which one to pick for a man or if it is even common for men to get one..... The video they have on the website shows only women in the spa. Can someone give me some suggestions...please... :) I have never used the spa on a cruise, so I am clueless.

Masculine massage options are:

1) deep tissue

2) Swedish relaxing

3) Hot stone

My hubby just did the swedish head to toe message...we wait until we got on aand the specials came out...it was 115.00 for 75 min.....you can out the money on your account and then pick which one when you see one you like

The massages on board are triple what you would pay on land and just so-so. Better to get a massage in port. It will be cheaper and better. Just do a little research on the port boards.

I second this, especially if you have a stop on Cozumel. There is a little blond there named Sally who is fantastic. You can get more info at www.barefootincozumel.com. And no I am not affiliated with her, just a happy customer.:D

I would wait till the first day. I take the tour of the SPA and sign in. They always offer specials that are cheaper. My Hubby would NOT go get one by himself but he might consider it if we did a couples one. Me, I could live in the SPA.:D

As Evondbob mentioned

Masculine massage options are:

1) deep tissue

2) Swedish relaxing

3) Hot stone

If your husband is a more muscular build I would go for the DEEP TISSUE massage. If he is a thinner build (as I am) the SWEDISH RELAXING massage is just as good. I actually booked a Deep Tissue one time and the masseus only charged me for the swedish and said in the future thats what I should book since my muscles and build is not as thick.

I've never had a HOT STONE but sure it is just as relaxing.

Archived