Newbie - needs advice!

Tancred

I've just booked a balcony stateroom on Royal Caribbean's Independence of the Seas. It was a cut price deal from an agent, so I had been expecting bad news. :(

I have now found that I've been allocated stateroom #7392, which is right at the back of the ship - I assume this means that we'll be disturbed by engine noises all the time. :mad: Am I being unduly worried or is this a genuine issue? And is deck 7 an OK one?

Any advice appreciated.

Do some searches on here for "7392" or "indy" or "IOS". You never know, you might find what you need to know. I know through reading these boards, many people like the rear staterooms due to less motion - if that is a concern. I know back in the day, there was a little more vibration and noise, but not sure if that is still the case with newer, larger ships.

~Bob~

You have a better chance of disco noise than engine noise.:D

Check you deck plans to see just where you are, this might bring you some comfort! Enjoy!!! C.G.

Excellent point. I have read a lot of threads on here with good concerns more on what public rooms or utility areas above or next door.

~Bob~

I've just booked a balcony stateroom on Royal Caribbean's Independence of the Seas. It was a cut price deal from an agent, so I had been expecting bad news. :(

I have now found that I've been allocated stateroom #7392, which is right at the back of the ship - I assume this means that we'll be disturbed by engine noises all the time. :mad: Am I being unduly worried or is this a genuine issue? And is deck 7 an OK one?

Any advice appreciated.

You have gotten a pretty good room! It's not a aft cabin, all the way at the back. It's about 8-10 cabins forward of that. You have rooms above you and below you, so there won't be excess noise from public venues; you won't get engine noise. You will get exercise!! But that's good, considering all there is to eat on a cruise ship. Relax and enjoy!

That is not a bad cabin at all. It should be quiet back there, little foot traffic. You won't feel the engines. They are far far far below you.

You have cabins on either side of you and above and below you, so you are in good shape!

Archived