Dinner attire for 3 year old?

Jvsbaby

We are going on our first cruise soon and I'm trying to decide what to pack for my three year old son to wear to dinner. We are going on a Disney cruise if that helps. Is it appropriate for him to wear khaki shorts with a polo shirt?

We met "Martini Max" on a cruise some years ago. He was about three years old, and accompanied his parents to the Martini Bar every night. While they sipped a drink, he charmed the socks off everyone else. On formal nights, he had his own little tuxedo. By the end of the cruise, he had quite a fan club going!

We met "Martini Max" on a cruise some years ago. He was about three years old, and accompanied his parents to the Martini Bar every night. While they sipped a drink, he charmed the socks off everyone else. On formal nights, he had his own little tuxedo. By the end of the cruise, he had quite a fan club going!

That's exactly what I envisaged when I saw the question :)

Reminded me of quite a few wedding receptions I've been to.

But certainly not a requirement if you or junior don't fancy him in a tux.

JB :)

Sounds darling. Sadly reminds me of friends who thought it was adorable that their little boy liked to sweet-talk others out of the cherries or olives in their drinks. Developed into a serious problem.

Sounds darling. Sadly reminds me of friends who thought it was adorable that their little boy liked to sweet-talk others out of the cherries or olives in their drinks. Developed into a serious problem.

As far as I know, little Maxie was teetotal! Really cute, though. :)

As far as I know, little Maxie was teetotal! Really cute, though. :)

I suppose it is "cute" to see a three-year old in a tux, but it makes me think of seeing a pug dog in a tutu - sort of treating a child like a dress-up doll so a lot of strangers will be encouraged to ooh and aha over him.

you know some people just think they know everything. The older one pictured above, loves wearing suits and tie. He calls them his "customer outfit" and has done so since he was two. He will do about everything to wear it. He wore it to NCL's chochoholics buffet when he was two. The one we bought him for this Easter this year he wanted the legs of the pants tapered-something we still don't know he knew. but no one will care what a 3yo wears as long as they are comfortable in it.

we just got back from our first cruise with our kids, I dressed my 3.5yo twins and 6yo son all in khaki shorts and polos for most dinners!

the only dinner I brought dressy clothes for was the Evening of Elegance dinner and we didnt even bring them to that one!! The Kids Club had an event planned for the kids so we decided to let them eat with the other kids while my husband and I dressed up and enjoyed our 'date nite'

we just got back from our first cruise with our kids, I dressed my 3.5yo twins and 6yo son all in khaki shorts and polos for most dinners!

the only dinner I brought dressy clothes for was the Evening of Elegance dinner and we didnt even bring them to that one!! The Kids Club had an event planned for the kids so we decided to let them eat with the other kids while my husband and I dressed up and enjoyed our 'date nite'

So there's an Elegance Evening, when gents are expected to dress in their Pingu attire.

And the same evening, the kids' club has an event elsewhere, where there's no dress code, right?

.................. well, just wishful thinking I guess, but are adults allowed to switch to the kids' event? :D:D:D

JB :)

Our two grandsons wore RENTED tuxes as they were both in their uncle's wedding.They were 5 & 7. A tux is not needed for a three year old. When is he going to wear it again? How long before he out grows it? You didn't say what ship you'll be on. On some ships (most?) you now see very few tuxes. Some men are in suits but not all. Unfortunately now-a-days a lot of people don't dress up at all on 'cruise elegant' or formal nights.

Archived