Lobster on cruise

Is there never complimentary Lobster in MDR on European Cruises but always on US cruises?

Why is this? I know you can buy it extra and I'm also not a huge lobster fan, just wondering about the policy.

Is there never complimentary Lobster in MDR on European Cruises but always on US cruises?

Why is this? I know you can buy it extra and I'm also not a huge lobster fan, just wondering about the policy.

When I saw the heading 'lobster on cruise' - I thought you were talking about me getting burnt when on Allure last November :eek:

Sorry I can't help you with your query as I can't eat seafood I am not much help :rolleyes:

Lobster isn't a special thing in Europe like it is here in the US. The Euopeans really don't like lobster. That's why it's not on the menu on European cruises. The new, bigger lobster tails on cruises of 7 days or longer here in the States are really good.

Lobster used ot be offered on European cruises but was discontinued a few years ago. At the time they stopped offering it, the story on cruise critic was that the cruiseline no longer had a supplier in Europe who could meet the demand. Not sure if that is still the case but that was the story when they stopped.

Lobster isn't a special thing in Europe like it is here in the US. The Euopeans really don't like lobster. That's why it's not on the menu on European cruises. The new, bigger lobster tails on cruises of 7 days or longer here in the States are really good.

Where on earth do you get that from? I love lobster and don`t know any Europeans who don`t. :p

Lobster used ot be offered on European cruises but was discontinued a few years ago. At the time they stopped offering it, the story on cruise critic was that the cruiseline no longer had a supplier in Europe who could meet the demand. Not sure if that is still the case but that was the story when they stopped.

Now, that is more plausible ! :D

That's what we were told on several different cruises. Guess we shouldn't believe everything we're told:eek:

Honestly, never heard of it. Lobster has always been a very popular speciality meal anywhere I have been, Europe or the States.

I do know that it is more readily available in the USA than the European fishing grounds and cheaper too, so maybe it is a cost thing with US cruise lines operating in Europe.

Honestly, never heard of it. Lobster has always been a very popular speciality meal anywhere I have been, Europe or the States.

I do know that it is more readily available in the USA than the European fishing grounds and cheaper too, so maybe it is a cost thing with US cruise lines operating in Europe.

Eighty Tons shipped to Europe from Nova Scotia in one day for Christmas. http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/story/2011/12/21/ns-lobster-exports-europe.html

I have never had a great tasting lobster on any ship. I would rather wait to get home the much better.

I have to agree here, the way RCI makes the lobster is absolutely a disgrace to the way of preparing a proper lobster...How do they call it on the menu "broiled" (LOL) aka boil it and than screw it up by sticking it in mass back in the oven under the grill.....LOL (my opinion) boil, add buter and be done with it.

And its just is to expensive for RCI to serve lobster on EU cruises.

Listen, I'm still PO'd that you can't get a delicious Lobster in the MDR on the 3/4 day sailings....AAAARRRRGGH! :mad:

I couldn't get delicious lobster on a 5 night either. I got lobster, but it wasn't delicious ;)

I have never had a great tasting lobster on any ship. I would rather wait to get home the much better.

We have great lobster here in Rhode Island but I still always get the ship's lobster. My expectations aren't as high so I'm never disappointed. It's still nice to get a little taste...and I do mean a little taste. :D

so not true,

we can get small frozen lobsters for £5 at one of our inexpensive supermarkets, and they are frozen Canadian with proper claws not just a tail.

So more likely to be a price issue.

We had great lobster meals on the Legend of the Seas repositioning cruise Singapore to Rome. Have always had lobster (not as good as this) on other lines in Europe. I was surprised the tail was as big as it was and we had two servings the lobster night on the second segment....oink.

Can't speak to Royal's other European cruises on this.

If P&O and Cunard can offer lobster in Europe why not Royal Caribbean? We've had lobster offered on all cruises. Shame we won't be offered it in the summer on our first cruise on Independence.

If P&O and Cunard can offer lobster in Europe why not Royal Caribbean? We've had lobster offered on all cruises. Shame we won't be offered it in the summer on our first cruise on Independence.

Your kidding right!? The price of those two lines is like triple compared to Royal :D

Archived