Le Cirque Side Dishes

geoherb

Are they permissive on changing up the side dishes that come with the entrees when the Pinnacle Grill does Le Cirque's menu? I know of some chefs that are fussy about not letting diners have what they want--that the chef's idea of what the meal should be takes precedence over what the customer would like.

I am going from memory here (which is dangerous) but I don't recall ordering sides at Le Cirque, I think each dish has a couple of sides that come with the entree. Not sure what they would do if you wanted the fish sides with a steak entree but I would like to think they could do that.

Thanks. I realize that the side dishes are already paired with each entree. What I am wondering is will it be possible to have the beef, for instance, paired with the lamb's side dishes instead of what they normally serve with the beef.

Thanks. I realize that the side dishes are already paired with each entree. What I am wondering is will it be possible to have the beef, for instance, paired with the lamb's side dishes instead of what they normally serve with the beef.

I would suggest not.

Le Circque is an 'experience' and the Chef's have strict regimen to make it consistently the same presentation. If you made a big enough fuss they likely would do whatever you want but that is not the sort of dinner where most would want to do that. The stewards try their very hardest to make the evening as expected for all the guests and either you like what they are doing or Le Cirque may not be for you.

Those plates and pairings have been carefully chosen.

The 'mix and match' is better left to MDR.

JMO.....

Those plates and pairings have been carefully chosen.

The 'mix and match' is better left to MDR.

JMO.....

I agree. At this level of cuisine a Chef puts all his/her experience and creativity into getting the perfect balance of flavours and textures for his/her dishes. Personally I want to experience the creation as it is intended to be and not risk insulting the Chef by requesting something different. JMO.

Mumsy.

What??? :eek:

You mean meat or fish only? No starch? No vegetable? That makes no sense at all. :confused:

No there is starch and/or veggies, they are just predetermined ;).

I was dinning at the Le Cirque, when a guess wanted everything different. The could not have know what the Le Cirque was about. The waiter sugessted that they might want to eat in the MD and have their fees refunded .

No there is starch and/or veggies, they are just predetermined ;).

I thought that must be the case, but that's not what Typhoon posted. I really couldn't believe what he said was correct.

Thanks for the clarification.

What??? :eek:

You mean meat or fish only? No starch? No vegetable? That makes no sense at all. :confused:

Optional sides or additional sides. Such as the ones served in the Pinnacle.

Funny thing. We did a Le Cirque dinner on our last cruise, but all I can remember was what a wonderful time we had. I can't remember for the life of me what we ate or drank. All that comes to mind is how much we enjoyed it!!!!

Helen

PS Guess I need to book another one on our upcoming cruise. :)

Funny thing. We did a Le Cirque dinner on our last cruise, but all I can remember was what a wonderful time we had. I can't remember for the life of me what we ate or drank. All that comes to mind is how much we enjoyed it!!!!

Helen

PS Guess I need to book another one on our upcoming cruise. :)

You obviously must have had some pretty potent drinks :D:D

Maybe there is a new menu since we ate at Le Cirque in 2011. Our Veendam cruise had the revised menu at the time.

http://foxyterrier.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/lecirque-revised-menu.pdf

The there were potato and veggie sides - I took pics of our entire meal including the sides - I don't think we asked from them they were just brought with the meal.

https://foxyterrier.wordpress.com/2011/05/20/veendam-le-cirque/

Maybe there is a new menu since we ate at Le Cirque in 2011. Our Veendam cruise had the revised menu at the time.

http://foxyterrier.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/lecirque-revised-menu.pdf

The there were potato and veggie sides - I took pics of our entire meal including the sides - I don't think we asked from them they were just brought with the meal.

https://foxyterrier.wordpress.com/2011/05/20/veendam-le-cirque/

I don't think anyone was saying there were no sides- just that they were a fixed part of the entree ordered and not chosen by the diner from a list. Each entree has set dishes that are part of it.

Thanks. I won't embarrass my partner by asking for substitutions on the side dishes. Last time I had the lamb and it was wonderful. My partner had the beef and it was terrific as well, maybe even better than the lamb. But the beef comes with beets and I can't stand them. I may try the fish or chicken instead.

Thanks. I won't embarrass my partner by asking for substitutions on the side dishes. Last time I had the lamb and it was wonderful. My partner had the beef and it was terrific as well, maybe even better than the lamb. But the beef comes with beets and I can't stand them. I may try the fish or chicken instead.

:rolleyes: I've been trying to get the nerve to ask if they could just leave the beets off the plate. I feel your pain. ;)

:rolleyes: I've been trying to get the nerve to ask if they could just leave the beets off the plate. I feel your pain. ;)

I'll take both of your beets. I like them. Someone can take my share of escargo. Now that's nasty!

Archived